Page 460 of 662 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The lightning was my favorite too because it subtly showed you how strong she is. That small piece of lightning was able to rip through metal to the earth. imagine how much restrainst she uses fighting these soilders. In an instant she could have vaporized them all.
    I thought that was cool too. I mean she should have killed them they turned into Monkeys after that. LOL I Wonder what Magneto did to them.

Anyway, I’m just happy Storm was written pretty well. I didn’t think Hickman knew Storm well. But this is the first issue so I’ll keep my eye on him.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-18-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I missed this, which actress is that? She really looks perfect for Storm! But is she an actress or a model?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member

So are Storm's eyes blue with cat slits? Blue with normal irises, or white?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You are my love bug! This post was glorious. The scene with Storm and the unstable mutant teenagers had so much symbolism, but I guess most need it spelled out for them. Many people are so used to having Storm describe every little thing she’s doing. By the dialogue alone we know that Storm sensed their enormous energy spike and she made note of their emotional state. Her main purpose was keeping those children calm as well as the children around them. The beauty about art is that everyone is entitled to their own unique interpretation. Even if Storm wasn’t directly acting as a mutant power dampener or regulator, we know that she was prepared to. She made the decision to place herself there knowing the children were unstable. Her entire purpose in the scene with Cece and the kids was so Storm could maintain balance for everyone. Hickman did that indeed. Stick to what you know. You and I are on the same page. #HadariYao

Absolutely fucking stunning. The pose, the shoes, the dress, the wind-blown effect and the throne have me shooketh!

Baaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyy.... there is just so much symbolism here with Storm in particular. Hickman has her flexing like a true weather wielding energy manipulator of the highest order. I stan!

You better say that! This is the Storm that I imagine when I think of a fully realized woman with her narrative. This is the Serena Williams of the mutant world that I know her to be. I will never understand the idea that some people have about Storm not wanting to lead. That’s like saying that Oprah, Whoopi, Viola Davis, Simone Biles, Serena and Venus Williams are all ignorant of the significance they bring to their given choice of prefession. Every single one of these women I’ve mentioned have all been forced to lead because of the narrative that surrounds black womanhood. They’ve all managed to reach the top of their chosen fields and he scrutiny applied to them is like nothing especially when considered against their white counterparts. Bless you and your post!

I just adore you more than you know. I’m not a stalker though. I promise. I try to make it my mission in life to acknowledge the ways in which her narrative is bogged down by some issues that do not plague the white women around her or considered to be her equal. It happens so much. Even here in her very own appreciation thread. The Storm fans are knocking my socks off today.

I thoroughly enjoyed the preview pages. Already I can feel the interpersonal drama building and Storm hasn’t even touched the page yet. I cannot wait to see her actually interact with Emma. She clearly wanted Storm on her side above everyone else, but Storm isn’t having it after Emma played her one to many times. She didn’t even let her stale ass finish her statement before dismissing her. Yes, black queen! You need no other colors.

Awww that's so sweet and you know you are my love but as well. Your posts always give me the sustenance my life so desperately needs!! Your first point takes me back to the most recent instance I recall of this. in black panther I believe issue 13 storm started she witnessed divinity and her fixed the storms sefako created. it was pretty clear even without it being explicitly stated she was a God, yet comics readers were content on saying Coates easnt being literal. we of course know that wasnt the case. why certain things have to be as such for readers to accept it is something I will never get but as you said, everyone is entitled to their interpretation. but to Hickman's xmen I dont see why she would want to stay around to help cecelia after sensing their immense energy if she couldnt do anything about it . it doesnt make any sense to me but I'm glad you and i are on the same page #hadariyao4eva

and baby your post about these beautiful and talent black women being beyond exceptional in their field of expertise is awe inspiring. in relation to serena though she has dominated the field of tennis Maria still received more endorsements than serena. I totally liken it to what we see in xmen. for years ororo was told she was not a God, devalued and under appreciated, yet magneto is praised for actions some would call far less than honorable. but yet she fights and asks for nothing other than that those babies are ok.

and you can stalk me anytime u want boo when you preaching the truth about her white female counterparts. ororo has had to deny a lot of who she was always meant to be simply to make other characters appear greater but the gag is these characters dont write themselves. that's the sad thing about it all.

and yes yes yes to everything you said about Emma. I love that ororo is NOT gurl being played by Emma anymore!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I liked use of lightning force, lightning heat (like welding torch melting the floor), energy perception and atmospheric water generation from here hands.

I remember her doing it before many many moon ago in that 2 issue story where she fought Candra...

i.thought the use of lightning was nice and when was the last time it has been mentioned she can sense energy??? that part was by far my favorite.

and thank you for the scans boo. I completely forgot about that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I liked use of lightning force, lightning heat (like welding torch melting the floor), energy perception and atmospheric water generation from here hands.

I remember her doing it before many many moon ago in that 2 issue story where she fought Candra...

Nice. Thanks for sharing this.

Yes and no. I agree with the recognition of her interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence being key/defining attributes to her leadership style. I think the article is selling her short but not recognizing her capabililities as a combat tactician and strategist. I do think Cyclops is stronger than her in those areas but the article gives the impression that she doesnÂ’t have these strengths when she actually does.
    agreed. I think it would hsve been appropriate to say that though cyclops possesses these traits at a greater level or higher degree ororo still possesses these and is capable in these areas as well

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The lightning was my favorite too because it subtly showed you how strong she is. That small piece of lightning was able to rip through metal to the earth. imagine how much restrainst she uses fighting these soilders. In an instant she could have vaporized them all.
    yes she had to. we've seen her vaporize organic alien lifeform before to literally nothing so I totally agree she used a lot restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So are Storm's eyes blue with cat slits? Blue with normal irises, or white?
    her eyes are blue with black cat slits however when she perceives the world around her as energy they turn white.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really do love her hair being that long...it makes for an interesting and dynamic visual.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Awww Poor Melody. I love this dialogue of Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really do love her hair being that long...it makes for an interesting and dynamic visual.
    Storms hair has always been long, but yeah I see where ya coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    mounrning what was is only natural. rejoice in what is yet to be.

such a powerful statement. and very hard to truly do. ororo your wisdom is really speaking to me right now. love this preview so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I missed this, which actress is that? She really looks perfect for Storm! But is she an actress or a model?
    shes an actress her name is kiki Layne

If I wasn't between jobs right now I'd get this in a heartbeat.

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...18857345593346
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

so I want to credit ororo101 but I got some goddess news! it's not a solo book BUT there is huge news that I want to share with you babies!!!

thank you all again for your support. stay tuned!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I want to credit ororo101 but I got some goddess news! it's not a solo book BUT there is huge news that I want to share with you babies!!!

thank you all again for your support. stay tuned!!
    You can't leave it like that, how dare you lol.