Page 231 of 662 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Late comment but nope not shading. I really had no idea. I thought Morrison's run was the main book.
    It was but Marvel didnt cancel Uncanny then

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

people keep calling this a reboot with what Hickman is doing but with the way uncanny ended and seeing Ororo is in her same x-men outfit makes me believe this will not be a reboot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    people keep calling this a reboot with what Hickman is doing but with the way uncanny ended and seeing Ororo is in her same x-men outfit makes me believe this will not be a reboot.
    soft reboot.

https://geekculture.co/mystique-stor...h-anniversary/

This is interesting. Storm is getting barbie doll!

Astonishing Member

I mean it won't be at least not a HARD reboot it will most likely ignore some messy continuity issues in favor of a more streamlined version. Honestly I'll be surprised if Hickman even references Disassembled/Uncanny/AoXm in his Hox/Pox run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm down for Storm, Goddess of the Techno-Treehouse. Bring it Hickman!
    It looks like they are about to go to War. And Storm is commanding the Army of X-Men's Mutants.

But I REALLY hope Hickman does some wonderful things with Storm. PLEASE Hickman make some MAGIC for the True GOD of Weather.

Yeah it's definitely not a reboot based on what little we know.

BANNED

It's nice to see NEW users comment in the Storm Threads. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Good question!

I would love it if he gave Storm had her own team and he brings her back to a confident leader, but I'm also hoping he does something new and exciting with her, take her down a path she hasn't been before.
    Good points. I want Storm to be a confident leader again too and a central character during Hickman's run. I definitely do not want a self-doubting Storm. I also do not want her to be a background character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

in terms of the new team idea, what would their mandate be? and in terms of something new what do you think can or could be done that we have not seen in the xbooks?

just looking at this cover and it seems like Ororo is giving a speech to a large crowd of people. you can see some of the people viewing her from behind. perhaps Ororo will be leading a faction of mutants under Hickman's pen. Looks very interesting.
    The cover looks cool but I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to this. If Hickman gives us a dope Storm I will be happy, but I'm not going too excited just yet.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Funny thing i was just having a conversation with a friend and thought it was slightly enlightening and made me appreciate storm more. we were talking about her and her qualties etc and i'm a black dude but what i discovered was it wasn't on a black level or even being a powerful black woman that i connected with though i appreciate those things now but on a visceral level it was that a person so powerful could also be claustraphobic. When i was 9 i got stuck in an elevator in the community center in new haven during the summer and was in there for 12 hours before the fire department axed me out. To this day its not about being in closed spaced but not seeing an exit or feeling trapped that get me. You do not want to see my freak out if i get tangled in covers. It was a fun conversation that made me reeappreciate Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    soft reboot.
    thanks love

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    https://geekculture.co/mystique-stor...h-anniversary/

This is interesting. Storm is getting barbie doll!
    yes a poster shared this I think yesterday but I love that ororo is getting her own barbie doll by Mattel. the fox owning the movies really was holding her back and now that they are a thing if the past we get to see chocolate ororo in her full goddess glory.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean it won't be at least not a HARD reboot it will most likely ignore some messy continuity issues in favor of a more streamlined version. Honestly I'll be surprised if Hickman even references Disassembled/Uncanny/AoXm in his Hox/Pox run.
    I dont mind the continuity issues being ignored. I'm hoping gold is one of those things ignored. also I'm not too sure about uncanny being ignored. I think a lot of this will require us to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah it's definitely not a reboot based on what little we know.
    agreed. the interview I recalled reading just mentioned all the other xbooks were being cancelled and never across to me it would be a reboot of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The cover looks cool but I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to this. If Hickman gives us a dope Storm I will be happy, but I'm not going too excited just yet.
    I definitely think this is fair especially considering what past writers have done as it relates to Ororo. I'm mostly hoping he doesnt work to contradict what's happening in BP like the writer from Gold did.

courtesy of pattilabellestorm

Attachment 84731

the all goddess front and center as she should always be!

This image may appear better:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funny thing i was just having a conversation with a friend and thought it was slightly enlightening and made me appreciate storm more. we were talking about her and her qualties etc and i'm a black dude but what i discovered was it wasn't on a black level or even being a powerful black woman that i connected with though i appreciate those things now but on a visceral level it was that a person so powerful could also be claustraphobic. When i was 9 i got stuck in an elevator in the community center in new haven during the summer and was in there for 12 hours before the fire department axed me out. To this day its not about being in closed spaced but not seeing an exit or feeling trapped that get me. You do not want to see my freak out if i get tangled in covers. It was a fun conversation that made me reeappreciate Storm.
    That’s beautiful to think about, thank you for sharing. There really is something to be said about how these fictional characters can take root, inspire, and encourage us as people from childhood and well into adulthood. Help us get over our worst fears and anxieties in life. Because if they can do it as splendiferous as they are, then maybe we can too. And I love that.

Astonishing Member

Attachment 84759

We don't have nearly enough interactions between these two lol

Also think it's a nice bit of character progression from Storm at this point she was still in denial about her godhood.

Since when does Storm not believe in violence?

She pulled Marrow's heart out of her chest with her bare hands lol