Page 570 of 662 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I agree and think it’ll be needed. I don’t want Storm always feel like a vote for someone else agenda. I want het to set the agenda. I think her specific in HoX 6 re: mutants still being able to live outside of Krakoa speaks to her personal connections to non-mutant friends and family but also a forethought to the need to have a presence in the world that protects mutants (and humans who support or are indifferent to the conflict) Who choose to stay outside of Krakoa. Not everyone will want to uproot their lives to move to Krakoa and that could be a need considerable need.

Definite conflicts in the council will happen around this issue, which I think could be a challenge to address worldwide, when there are some nations who don’t recognize Krakoa and most of the council not giving a **** if they do or don’t when it comes to protecting their own. Plus for Storm I think she will see anyone in need as “one of her own”. Summer House lead by Ororo (or a solo for her) could be ideal for this role. And up the intensity.

Exactly. Which is why I cant really get behind her in this new dawn of era. not only is she there to represent Xavier's agenda but in maurauders she is there to support the agenda of Emma and kitty. its not something I can fully support as it currently being presented. I also agree with your description of her ties to those who are non-mutant. she will always have a connection to the world that goes beyond being just a mutant. so I'm glad Hickman dint forget that.

yes to the summer house! I would love it. but I think kitty would get a solo before ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When do think this Coates man elaborates more on this Goddess Stuff? Take a guess...
    I think he will elaborate more as we approach the end of the current season of this book. how about you?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

When do think this Coates man elaborates more on this Goddess Stuff? Take a guess...
    I wouldn't definitely like more elaboration. He's been faithful to keep it mentioned in BP but haven't really shown or discussed how her godhood powers is the same or different from her normal mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think he will elaborate more as we approach the end of the current season of this book. how about you?
    Is this book ending? Have they announced him writing a new one? I really dont like that this type of stuff is happening in a BP book. She really should be elevated to lead cast member and not a supporting guest. Like a Black Panther & Storm book where she gets just as much focus and attention

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I wouldn't definitely like more elaboration. He's been faithful to keep it mentioned in BP but haven't really shown or discussed how her godhood powers is the same or different from her normal mutant powers.
    I would. That’s a pretty Big Bomb he dropped on her. But alas this isn’t about Storm so I understand why it’s not a immediate thing to discuss. So, your right.

But still we need MORE.

Never......

Unless... he writes her solo.

Side Note: GoodJob we beat the Jean Thread. Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is this book ending? Have they announced him writing a new one? I really dont like that this type of stuff is happening in a BP book. She really should be elevated to lead cast member and not a supporting guest. Like a Black Panther & Storm book where she gets just as much focus and attention
    with the numbers of the book I'm sure it will be ending soon. I hope it just reboots with coates but not sure that is likely. and I agree. what the xmen are doing with her isnt that cute to me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do hope for the sake of the Goddess worshipers he does go into more detail other than "The Power of Belief"
    because...

As of HoX under Hix-Man, she's an Omega Level Mutant...until addressed/stated otherwise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

as of canon established in xmen and black panther, fearless etc. she is a literal goddess who is an omega level mutant. Period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I do hope for the sake of the Goddess worshipers he does go into more detail other than "The Power of Belief"
    because...

As of HoX under Hix-Man, she's an Omega Level Mutant...until addressed/stated otherwise.

as of canon established in xmen and black panther, fearless etc. she is a literal goddess who is an omega level mutant. Period.
    It’s probably possible that she is an Omega Lvl mutant BECAUSE she is a Goddess........who knows these things, but the Gods.

It’s probably possible that she is an Omega Lvl mutant BECAUSE she is a Goddess........who knows these things, but the Gods.
    I think there is a distinguishable difference between her gift of godhead and her omega level status. it has already been stated by BP as such. we just need coates to further explain what she can do when in this mode.

BANNED

I think there is a distinguishable difference between her gift of godhead and her omega level status. it has already been stated by BP as such. we just need coates to further explain what she can do when in this mode.
    I know. I’m just saying that could be a reason for the placement honestly.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The converse is also possible...who knows, indeed. Certainly not us mere mortals.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know. I’m just saying that could be a reason for the placement honestly.
    it magnifies her strength and power. she has immeasurable strength and longevity.

this is how it's different beloved. that is why she doesnt need stormcaster.

BANNED

I think what would be cool is if Goddess Storm challenges ALL the Weather Gods of every country making her dominant.

So she would face off:
    Thor
    Zeus
    Freyr(Norse God of Rain)
    Indra(Hindu God of Thunder)
    Adad (Mesopotamia God of Storms)
    Ukko (Finnish God of Sky and Weather)
    Etc.

Now that would be cool

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I would. That’s a pretty Big Bomb he dropped on her. But alas this isn’t about Storm so I understand why it’s not a immediate thing to discuss. So, your right.

But still we need MORE.
    I do think, since he's the one to make a point of Ororo being goddess, that Coates should take that as his responsibility to go deeper. Honestly, it wouldn't take that much to offer more of an explanation. A few panels of narrative would be all that is required. Also, it would be nice if the artist, when displaying her godhood powers, would make it look differently from her normal mutant powers. Otherwise, how in the hell will readers know the difference. Then again, that's assuming that Ororo has a god mode. I know some posters here mentioned that but I'm uncertain if that's what Coates meant. I mean, a god is a god. Why would they have to go into a special mode state? Wouldn't being a god be their natural or normal state?

So, for Ororo, she should be seen as a goddess all the time, like Thor is considered a god, for example. I don't think people refer to what Thor does as him going into his god mode. He either is nor is not a god. I think the same should be true for Ororo. As a goddess, just as a mutant, she would have to determine how much power each particular situation warrants.