Page 470 of 662 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Perhaps you just need to broaden your understanding of the possibilities of this book. Emma will play a big role without playing pirate. Frankly, Storm passing the buck in her refusal to deal Emma was another flimsy cop out I didn’t care for. She doesn’t need be captain of the ship, but Storm should be working with Emma who is in charge of trade policy for Krakoa. Trade and diplomacy go hand-in-hand, and they’re both on the council. That’s what I was hoping for. I want the geopolitics more than seeing Storm shoot lightning at random human bigot #34678.
    Sounds like your making a whole buch of assumptions. Why can't she do both? Maybe you should broaden your scope and understanding of the possibilities of Storm being able to do more than one thing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Jwatson, you’re aggressively punching down here. I’ve been a lurker in the past, and I’m really surprised to see you treat someone so poorly. Is it just because I’m new to posting, or did I truly say something to piss you off? I’m at a loss for your behavior. It seems really disproportionate.
    It doesn't make sense to me, and i'm honestly not trying to be aggressive, i'm trying to understand where your coming from and if that is coming off as aggression i do apologize. To me it feels like when i'm hanging with my other black friends who supported Trump and say what other people should be doing but not really saying anything. So maybe in that respect i feel like i'm dealing with one of them. But with your last post i feel like i atleast have some kind of understanding on what you were trying to say.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The last issue of Fearless came out and Storm was fine. My only problem is that I thought she was written a bit too otherworldly.

She acted more like an alien from another planet or something.
    wait it's out today to??? dang ...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sounds like your making a whole buch of assumptions. Why can't she do both? Maybe you should broaden your scope and understanding of the possibilities of Storm being able to do more than one thing.
    Please list my whole bunch of assumptions. I’ve commented on things that have happened, and I’ve mentioned the kinds of things id like to see happen. I’ve also said this is only one issue and Duggan could bring more to the table. What more do you want? I did not like or buy his rationale for Storm’s presence in issue 1. No amount of distortion and misrepresentation of my posts will change that.

Please list my whole bunch of assumptions. I’ve commented on things that have happened, and I’ve mentioned the kinds of things id like to see happen. I’ve also said this is only one issue and Duggan could bring more to the table. What more do you want? I did not like or buy Storm in issue 1. No amount of distortion and misrepresentation of my posts will change that.
    Not going to go through all your posts and pinpoint. I pretty much have explained my view on this so i'm going to agree to disagree. Your few posts never said what Storm could be doing in THIS book it came off reading like why she shouldn't be in it. No harm no foul. I don't take any of this personally and i hope you don't either.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And I want her to do that like a boss. I want her playing at the table with Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse. I just can’t muster up excitement for her babysitting Kitty.
    I cant say thst I disagree here. but honestly i want her to set her own path for what she would like the world to be. i know hix-men is about returning things back to how it used to be but I've always felt the xmen limited her. I would love to see her have her own little corner of the mu akin to ww in DC. I'm still hopeful one day we will see this and welcome to the forum boo!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It doesn't make sense to me, and i'm honestly not trying to be aggressive, i'm trying to understand where your coming from and if that is coming off as aggression i do apologize. To me it feels like when i'm hanging with my other black friends who supported Trump and say what other people should be doing but not really saying anything. So maybe in that respect i feel like i'm dealing with one of them. But with your last post i feel like i atleast have some kind of understanding on what you were trying to say.
    I’ve only talked about what I want to see Storm doing. I haven’t tried to tell anyone here how to appreciate her. I’m glad people are enjoying this take. Honestly, my favorite Storm issue in years was HoX #5. I could watch Storm play high priestess and hype woman all day without ever firing a lightning bolt at a nameless mook. I want people to enjoy Storm, and I want to enjoy her too. I just need writers to take her further than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait it's out today to??? dang ...
    Lol i had no idea either. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I’ve only talked about what I want to see Storm doing. I haven’t tried to tell anyone here how to appreciate her. I’m glad people are enjoying this take. Honestly, my favorite Storm issue in years was HoX #5. I could watch Storm play high priestess and hype woman all day without ever firing a lightning bolt at a nameless mook. I want people to enjoy Storm, and I want to enjoy her too. I just need writers to take her further than they have.
    In that we are on the same page. I just want marauders PLUS that. I don't want to subtract from Storm only add.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lol i had no idea either. lol
    I'm about to try and read it now lol

I'm starting to get a sense of deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It totally fits. I hope the ship is epic,

I can see Ororo side eyeing the pirate theme and Kitty's costume, "Whatever makes you happy Kitten!" and then just going about her normal council business. Ororo was definitely not impressed with the name Kitty blurted out, I hope they have a further conversation about it. Although, Kate could make a good case for claiming that name for their own side and turning it into a challenge against anyone else who thinks they can use that name. Like putting the original Marauders on notice that if they show up anywhere hurting mutants then the new Marauders are going to floor stomp them.
    there was a past story of the xmen being on the high seas? I didnt know that.

BANNED

Do you feel Storm would be able to flex more if she wasn't on a team with two other elementals?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Do you feel Storm would be able to flex more if she wasn't on a team with two other elementals?
    you know thsts a very good question. I've always felt it would be hard for ororos abilities to shine with a character like iceman there. the interesting thing here is that we got a nice display of her powers today which was nice. it's kind of one of the reasons I didn't like red. I felt the writer played down a lot of ororos abilities to prop up jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Of course! I’m sure Duggan will give us feats, though, so I’m not too concerned about that. I want charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. I want Storm to be the authority in the room not just the big gun.