Page 557 of 662 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Exactly this. They both got build up due to their epic introductions to the cinematic universe. Who says Wakanda can’t be the punching pad of other mythological lands or kingdoms scattered across Africa? Why wouldn’t Wakanda be linked to them? Asgard and the bifrost bridge can link to however many different realms? What really is the issue with Wakanda introducing us to a plethora of non-Wakandan black people? Hmmm...
    let me just say you deserve a freaking award. you have been laying down facts here and in the best friend thread like I have never seen. it's beautiful!!!

and you make an excellent point. I love the last question and would love for those pushing back on ororo appearing in his movie to elaborate on this and the other points you made.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Im not sure if Storm can carry an interesting solo film. IMO, Ive never cared for any of her solo stories in the books. She works best in an ensemble cast. I think her best bet as a headliner is in a Disney Plus mini series

BANNED

So Storm is at best the black friend accessory?

yup that's exactly what it sounds like. but you know the funny thing will be when it is announced that she is getting a solo movie that all these naysayers will have to eat crow. it will be amazing. much how it was when I was told many a times she wasnt a real goddess and that it would never be recognized by the xbooks.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not really but thats how you took it. Most of the X-men cant carry a true solo film. It has nothing to do with her being black. Jean's my favorite character but she definitely works better as an ensemble character in a film, not one with the film centered around her in a solo outing

Let the season of Storm in Black Panther 2 begin!!!

it is the hour of Storm!!!!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Exactly this. They both got build up due to their epic introductions to the cinematic universe. Who says Wakanda can’t be the launching pad of other mythological lands or kingdoms scattered across Africa? Why wouldn’t Wakanda be linked to them? Asgard and the bifrost bridge can link to however many different realms? What really is the issue with Wakanda introducing us to a plethora of non-Wakandan black people? Hmmm...
    The issue isn't non-Wakandan Black people. We already saw that in the first BP movie. The issue is that Storm is a huge part of the X-Men despite what Marvel and FOX has shown. That is her biggest association and I seriously doubt that Marvel would intro such a prominent character in a non mutant movie.

If anything, I can see the Inhumans debut in BP or another movie. They don't have the prominence of the X-Men.

Do the X-Men movies and then branch out into solos once members have been established.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really but thats how you took it. Most of the X-men cant carry a true solo film. It has nothing to do with her being black. Jean's my favorite character but she definitely works better as an ensemble character in a film, not one with the film centered around her in a solo outing
    I disagree about Jean. especially with the Phoenix. a solo movie could revolve around her impact to the universe as a benevolent hero before going dark. if marvel was smart they would do something akin to this. it would make it more dramatic for when she eventually goes dark.

Gotta ask the X-writers about that.

That one is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I disagree about Jean. especially with the Phoenix. a solo movie could revolve around her impact to the universe as a benevolent hero before going dark. if marvel was smart they would do something akin to this. it would make it more dramatic for when she eventually goes dark.
    Im kind of over Phoenix and Id hope Marvel wont go there after Fox butchered it. Theres so much more that can be done with her without needing to default to that

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The issue isn't non-Wakandan Black people. We already saw that in the first BP movie. The issue is that Storm is a huge part of the X-Men despite what Marvel and FOX has shown. That is her biggest association and I seriously doubt that Marvel would intro such a prominent character in a non mutant movie.

If anything, I can see the Inhumans debut in BP or another movie. They don't have the prominence of the X-Men.

Do the X-Men movies and then branch out into solos once members have been established.
    she is a black African American woman first and foremost. and she had a life in Africa before she became an xman. I'm sure that is why she is debuting here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im kind of over Phoenix and Id hope Marvel wont go there after Fox butchered it. Theres so much more that can be done with her without needing to default to that
    I think letting her go this route allows her to play to the larger universe or galaxy but I agree with your sentiments here. I was just thinking of ways she could operate in a solo.

Sad day to be a Storm fan. The actor of another franchise has a voice in choosing the actress fo rone of the most prominent AA females in comics. I'm done. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sad day to be a Storm fan. The actor of another franchise has a voice in choosing the actress fo rone of the most prominent AA females in comics. I'm done. lol.
    what do you mean? lol