Page 384 of 662 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why would anyone want to see Storm wasting her time fighting a child? I don't get it.
    I wouldnt want to see that either primarily because if we ever did I dont think it would end well for the All-Goddess
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Ororo vs Franklin anyone?
    He turns her into a Caterpillar and puts her in an episode of Monster Bug Wars
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Ororo vs Franklin anyone?
    Let's not and say we did.

At most, going off feats Storm can control the energies of a Galaxy. Which puts her in the Top 5 most powerful 616 Omega Mutants.

While Franklin is a high level telepath/telekinesis with universal warping and universe creating abilities.

That's a big difference in power.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    He turns her into a Caterpillar and puts her in an episode of Monster Bug Wars
    Or even worst, makes her a member of the W.I.N.K Club. I'm joking...I've actually watched a lot of that show.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-25-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    The whole different time period thing is too confusing to me lol but yas Guggs is quaking.
    The space Wakandans exist in the present, just in distant region of space (The Zanj Region). When T'Challa initially sent the first crew into space, something went haywire and those Wakandans ended up time traveling back 2,000 years to the other side of the Universe, unbeknownst to T'Challa and Wakanda-Prime (Earth). Those stranded Wakandans eventually took on a radicalized version of Wakandan warrior culture and in order to "protect" themselves went on to conquer 5 galaxies. They became corrupted with maintaining power and engaged in war-mongering and interplanetary slavery. When T'Challa and Eden went to search for those Wakandans they traveled back like 5-10 years, were captured, and had their memory erased. T'Challa was made a slave and Eden into a weapon. T'Challa spent the last few years rebelling before getting his memories back. By the time he made contact with Wakanda-Prime he has been missing in space for a few weeks/months. NuNakia is on the Moon base for the rebels who have just defeated the corrupt Wakandan Empire in the Zanj Region, which is why contact with Wakanda-Prime has been difficult. Hope that helps clear things up.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also I enjoyed this issue of Black Panther. While this story has definitely dragged at some points, I liked Storm's power display in those panels. I also liked the narration about men and Gods while Storm tore thru the Empire's fighter jets. The panel of Storm rising from the smoke with the aura of energy was awesome. I think it should have been given more panel space. I like how Eden knew Storm was getting ready to unleash and advised to land all of Zulu fighter ships.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I want to reread this issue again but only after I get off work but can I first say how much o adore you!!! This post here is everything.

Now... I didnt catch that image of of storm coming through the clouds. I'm going to have to read the issue in further detail. What I would say I loved about this issue is that Coates used Ororo so effectively in this issue. We not only saw her tender side at the beginning of the issue (which I will comment more on later) but we also saw the dangerous/deadly side. Wakanda used her in a way that they didnt the last time I recall her assisting with an invasion on Wakanda:

In the secret invasion story, Ororo was shown fighting H2H. This definitely was to make better use of all the characters outside of her but it simply didnt make any logical sense. Coates showed her, however, using her powers in a competent manner that resulted in zero casualties for the Wakandan people. It was both glorious and beautiful to read because Acuna artwork is spectacular.

Now what I also loved is that when Ororo was doing the work of being the big gun, Nakia was forced to sit back and absorb just how amazing and godly Ororo is. This was her firsthand glance of how this woman who loves Tchalla and willing to put everything on the line for him, also fights valiantly for the Wakandan people as well. Her loving and tenderness as she kissed Tchalla goodbye extends to how she has not only fought for him and their love, but her battling the invaders as Nakia witnesses this symbolizes to me that Nakia is simply another distraction that their love would eventually overcome. It was beautiful and a great issue to read!!!! When you have a great woman like Ororo on your side what else do you need? To your point of Tchalla not needing to stress, I believe that scene was meant to cement that idea.
    Seriously. Storm could've just hand-waved the Skrulls away and the whole battle would have ended in mere seconds. The more I read SWaD the less I enjoy it. It's not a bad story, but Storm was seriously under-utilized. I would have preferred watching her battle one of the Super-Skrulls instead.

Storm in the most recent BP issue was great. Her powers were incredible and I like how all basic-girl NuNakia could do was watch as a Goddess handled business. Storm showed up like:

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The space Wakandans exist in the present, just in distant region of space (The Zanj Region). When T'Challa initially sent the first crew into space, something went haywire and those Wakandans ended up time traveling back 2,000 years to the other side of the Universe, unbeknownst to T'Challa and Wakanda-Prime (Earth). Those stranded Wakandans eventually took on a radicalized version of Wakandan warrior culture and in order to "protect" themselves went on to conquer 5 galaxies. They became corrupted with maintaining power and engaged in war-mongering and interplanetary slavery. When T'Challa and Eden went to search for those Wakandans they traveled back like 5-10 years, were captured, and had their memory erased. T'Challa was made a slave and Eden into a weapon. T'Challa spent the last few years rebelling before getting his memories back. By the time he made contact with Wakanda-Prime he has been missing in space for a few weeks/months. NuNakia is on the Moon base for the rebels who have just defeated the corrupt Wakandan Empire in the Zanj Region, which is why contact with Wakanda-Prime has been difficult. Hope that helps clear things up.
    omg thank you for breaking this down. I was under the impression the tchalla had been ported to the future but he was transported to the past 5 years which explained how 5 years passed yet there was no time lapse in the present wakanda. I guess the question is how do we know Ororo was not transported to the past as tchalla was?

Also I enjoyed this issue of Black Panther. While this story has definitely dragged at some points, I liked Storm's power display in those panels. I also liked the narration about men and Gods while Storm tore thru the Empire's fighter jets. The panel of Storm rising from the smoke with the aura of energy was awesome. I think it should have been given more panel space. I like how Eden knew Storm was getting ready to unleash and advised to land all of Zulu fighter ships.
    yes beloved. there was a lot I liked about this story but what I loved outside of ororo moments were how the villains from the first season are now working with the primary one from this season. I'm just loving Coates writing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Seriously. Storm could've just hand-waved the Skrulls away and the whole battle would have ended in mere seconds. The more I read SWaD the less I enjoy it. It's not a bad story, but Storm was seriously under-utilized. I would have preferred watching her battle one of the Super-Skrulls instead.
    I mean I get it. Aaron wanted to give the main character his time to shine but with a character like Ororo whose power is built for threats such as that the only way stories "work" is to make her ineffective to a great degree. I'm glad Coates wasnt afraid to show her utilized in a way that lends itself to her powerset.

Storm in the most recent BP issue was great. Her powers were incredible and I like how all basic-girl NuNakia could do was watch as a Goddess handled business. Storm showed up like:

you are a mess lolol she sure did. why did this scene from today remind me of one we saw not too long ago?

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Basic H@E!!!! Bye!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I mean I get it. Aaron wanted to give the main character his time to shine but with a character like Ororo whose power is built for threats such as that the only way stories "work" is to make her ineffective to a great degree. I'm glad Coates wasnt afraid to show her utilized in a way that lends itself to her powerset.

you are a mess lolol she sure did. why did this scene from today remind me of one we saw not too long ago?

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Basic H@E!!!! Bye!!!
    All she could do was look up and be humbled.

All she could do was look up and be humbled.

BISSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!! YOU ARE SO PETTY USING LUPITA LMFAO!!!!

I love it!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Gotta say, this might be my favorite look for Storm. I think many people might prefer her with long hair, but the hairstyle along with the lightning bolt earrings really made it favorable for me (art by John Byrne from Uncanny X-Men #273, February 1991):

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-25-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Gotta say, this might be my favorite look for Storm. I think many people might prefer her with long hair, but the hairstyle along with the lightning bolt earrings really made it favorable for me (art by John Byrne from Uncanny X-Men #273, February 1991):

hey beloved. thank you for sharing. I dont mind this look but what I was more bothered with outside of her look was how much of a hypocrite she came across then when preaching to cable about killing, especially considering her stance on the subject during the outback era.

nevertheless, if they do a different look I would love for her to rock a fro akin to my avi. thst would be such a cute look to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Let's not and say we did.

At most, going off feats Storm can control the energies of a Galaxy. Which puts her in the Top 5 most powerful 616 Omega Mutants.

While Franklin is a high level telepath/telekinesis with universal warping and universe creating abilities.

That's a big difference in power.

Or even worst, makes her a member of the W.I.N.K Club. I'm joking...I've actually watched a lot of that show.
    how would you rank the current known omega mutants?

and wth is a wink club?

The embodiment of TRUE LOVE!!!! May it always be!!!!