Page 433 of 566 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 8486
  1. #6481
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't understand if Storm has control of EM like Magneto how come she can just reverse his EM Shield to make it bust???
    Your question doesn't make sense (no offense). How come she can just reverse his EM Shield? Well, you just answered the question, because she can manipulate EM Energy.

    Reverse polarity will cause a large decrease of Magneto's field strength making it weak. Or it can create a potential shock hazard. Now, magnetic fields don't represent a shock hazard but electric Fields do. And like an electric field, a magnetic field produces electric current and if a magnetic field changes it creates an electric field.

    Storm has electrokinetic abilities so she has the option of weakening Magneto's magnetic field or frying his ass and burning him at the stake with his own powers. Magneto is not immune to voltage. That's how reverse polarity works. But if you're asking how Storm can nullify Magneto's magnetic field she can generate an equal magnetic field going in the opposite direction of the first current.

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's a good point. if they dont give her a solo I would really like to see what it means to be hadari yao. what deities is she associated with and how would they interact with her. do they respect that a "mortal" is a god? I do they condone the fact she rejected her birthright for so many years? how does being a dirty affect her? can she turn to an elemental form it is she invulnerable? there is so much to explore but I dont believe the xoffices see her development as priority.



    I wouldnt say off panel. he is dropping to his knees with that bolt that lam posted. I would say their exchange ended there.



    that is cheap. it would have been nice to show her powers overwhelming his shield with a tornado then dropping him with a bolt. similar to her fight back in Claremont uncanny:

    People always seem to think that Lightning doesn't harm Magneto, it makes him Stronger. And they always use this scan here where Magneto says: "Lightning "strikes" make me stronger." But they take that out of context. It's not the voltage that makes Magneto stronger; it's the current. Because lightning strikes are rapidly moving electric currents and the movement of electric charges produces a magnetic field. That's why he says lightning strikes makes me stronger.

  2. #6482
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Your question doesn't make sense (no offense). How come she can just reverse his EM Shield? Well, you just answered the question, because she can manipulate EM Energy.

    Reverse polarity will cause a large decrease of Magneto's field strength making it weak. Or it can create a potential shock hazard. Now, magnetic fields don't represent a shock hazard but electric Fields do. And like an electric field, a magnetic field produces electric current and if a magnetic field changes it creates an electric field.

    Storm has electrokinetic abilities so she has the option of weakening Magneto's magnetic field or frying his ass and burning him at the stake with his own powers. Magneto is not immune to voltage. That's how reverse polarity works. But if you're asking how Storm can nullify Magneto's magnetic field she can generate an equal magnetic field going in the opposite direction of the first current.



    People always seem to think that Lightning doesn't harm Magneto, it makes him Stronger. And they always use this scan here where Magneto says: "Lightning "strikes" make me stronger." But they take that out of context. It's not the voltage that makes Magneto stronger; it's the current. Because lightning strikes are rapidly moving electric currents and the movement of electric charges produces a magnetic field. That's why he says lightning strikes makes me stronger.
    welcome to the forum beloved.

    keep in mind here recently in uncanny xmen ororo was able to over charge magneto and ko him:



    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #6483
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,353

    Default

    Blast from the Past

    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-vs-dc-pol...ded-crossover/



    Finally, Marvel vs DC Comics #3 saw Wonder Woman take on Storm in the ultimate match-up between Amazon and Goddess. By this time in the series, Diana had picked up Mjolnir and gained the abilities of Thor, though she relinquished the hammer and extra powers in order to give Storm a fair fight.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #6484
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Your question doesn't make sense (no offense). How come she can just reverse his EM Shield? Well, you just answered the question, because she can manipulate EM Energy.

    Reverse polarity will cause a large decrease of Magneto's field strength making it weak. Or it can create a potential shock hazard. Now, magnetic fields don't represent a shock hazard but electric Fields do. And like an electric field, a magnetic field produces electric current and if a magnetic field changes it creates an electric field.

    Storm has electrokinetic abilities so she has the option of weakening Magneto's magnetic field or frying his ass and burning him at the stake with his own powers. Magneto is not immune to voltage. That's how reverse polarity works. But if you're asking how Storm can nullify Magneto's magnetic field she can generate an equal magnetic field going in the opposite direction of the first current.
    This is an OLD response. Why are you bringing it up NOW??

    Also, I already know a couple of ways for Storm to beat Magneto. Thanks for the explanation.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #6485
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This is an OLD response. Why are you bringing it up NOW??

    Also, I already know a couple of ways for Storm to beat Magneto. Thanks for the explanation.
    I'm all for this discussion. it needs to be stated that Ororo can tank magneto. but now here's the question. ororo is omega when it comes to weather manipulation and he is with magnetism. when it comes to taking control of the electromagnetic fields let's say of the earth who would have the greater control? canonically speaking I give ro.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #6486
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm all for this discussion. it needs to be stated that Ororo can tank magneto. but now here's the question. ororo is omega when it comes to weather manipulation and he is with magnetism. when it comes to taking control of the electromagnetic fields let's say of the earth who would have the greater control? canonically speaking I give ro.
    It's Magneto.

    For a time Storm did have that over him, but due to his feats over the years that right is preserved for Magneto.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  7. #6487
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's Magneto.

    For a time Storm did have that over him, but due to his feats over the years that right is preserved for Magneto.
    what feats does he have over storm? this is the same woman who has manipulated the earths magnetic field unaided at least twice in canon. the only thing I can think of is him being able to sense kitty floating in bullet in space but he didnt manipulate the en field.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #6488
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what feats does he have over storm? this is the same woman who has manipulated the earths magnetic field unaided at least twice in canon. the only thing I can think of is him being able to sense kitty floating in bullet in space but he didnt manipulate the en field.
    Really?? I mean he:
    -Created a Global EMP accords the Planet.
    -Used the Magnetic Forces of the Earth to draw out the PF
    -He was able to Bring Kitty Back to Earth by using his power and sensing the EM of the Universe
    -Used the Earths EMP to increase his power and body. 2x

    Storm is good in the use of manipulating the EM spectrum, but for all intents and purpose Magneto is just as much an Omega Lvl Mutant as Storm.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  9. #6489
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Really?? I mean he:
    -Created a Global EMP accords the Planet.
    -Used the Magnetic Forces of the Earth to draw out the PF
    -He was able to Bring Kitty Back to Earth by using his power and sensing the EM of the Universe
    -Used the Earths EMP to increase his power and body. 2x

    Storm is good in the use of manipulating the EM spectrum, but for all intents and purpose Magneto is just as much an Omega Lvl Mutant as Storm.
    As the MAster of Magnetism...Magneto is a much better manipulator of EMP fields hands down.
    Storm may be able to go head to head with him, but he has the skill and experience to outlast her in combat in that area.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  10. #6490
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,942

    Default

    I think the question should be asked again. Which part of Storm's Weather manipulation is Omega level?

    Is it her
    Lightning/electro-magnetic control
    Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Temperature Control
    Etc...
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  11. #6491
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think the question should be asked again. Which part of Storm's Weather manipulation is Omega level?

    Is it her
    Lightning/electro-magnetic control
    Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Temperature Control
    Etc...
    Storm is listed as an omega for weather manipulation so it falls under all as those all comprise her one power. What you list are just different ways in which she utilizes it. Its the sum of all that make her omega, not any one individual part

  12. #6492
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    ALL?
    I think the fact that she controls/manipulates the ENTIRE spectrum of what constitutes weather, and that her control is not finite...is what makes her Omega level. In that, she is a singular mutant...as there's no one else like her.
    Other elementals only control one or two aspects...wind or water or temperature but she controls ALL.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  13. #6493
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As the MAster of Magnetism...Magneto is a much better manipulator of EMP fields hands down.
    Storm may be able to go head to head with him, but he has the skill and experience to outlast her in combat in that area.
    That shouldn't even be up for discussion. Magneto is a beast.

  14. #6494
    Spectacular Member Lapsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ALL?
    I think the fact that she controls/manipulates the ENTIRE spectrum of what constitutes weather, and that her control is not finite...is what makes her Omega level. In that, she is a singular mutant...as there's no one else like her.
    Other elementals only control one or two aspects...wind or water or temperature but she controls ALL.
    She could be beaten in each department by a specialist. In electrokinesis by electro, in hydrokinesis by hydroman, the trick is that she can control all this elements at once, so she can pick weaknesses for different adversaries.

    And in Wether manipulation, no mutant can surpass her.

    Besides, her body is still human if im not mistaken, she can handle herself against goons but she is not going to charge against Hulk

  15. #6495
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As the MAster of Magnetism...Magneto is a much better manipulator of EMP fields hands down.
    Storm may be able to go head to head with him, but he has the skill and experience to outlast her in combat in that area.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I mean he is far more skilled than Storm is.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •