Page 436 of 564 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8455
  1. #6526
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if it wasnt my point who was the first person who brought up the point "raw power" statement? I can tell you it wasnt you. (^_^)


    also, I made the point that since she has more raw power she would have better control over it. what I maybe should have said is that she can control larger quantities as that is why I brought up the galatic core feat to show she has controlled a larger amount of it.
    That wasn't your argument. But whatever i'm done.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  2. #6527
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what feats does he have over storm? this is the same woman who has manipulated the earths magnetic field unaided at least twice in canon. the only thing I can think of is him being able to sense kitty floating in bullet in space but he didnt manipulate the en field.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That wasn't your argument. But whatever i'm done.
    the receipts don't lie hun. I asked what feats does he have over storm and you listed several which u said were greater than what she has done. I then said dont forget galatic core which is better than those showings you mentioned of magneto and said just because he specializes in em doesnt mean he has greater raw power. what am I missing here?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-11-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #6528
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Enjoyed catching up on the last few days of postings:

    **X-Men #1 Preview - Looks good! The art is better than I expected. I liked the dialogue between her and Cyclops. I am loving the more militant and . Like they've really had it. It's about damn time. I feel like they have been in a vicious circle for so long that while they are choosing not to kill the humans who keep trying to kill them peaceful coexistence is no longer the driving philosophy behind their mission/efforts to survive.

    **Storm vs Magneto On EM Control - I do think Magneto has the EM game on lock. When I think of these kind of comparisons I look more to skill and versatility in that specific element more so than raw power. But I can see why the arguments for are strong in this area. I'd love to see Marvel explore that element with her more (besides lightning lol).

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think the question should be asked again. Which part of Storm's Weather manipulation is Omega level?

    Is it her
    Lightning/electro-magnetic control
    Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Temperature Control
    Etc...
    I have often thought about this. I think she is powerful and highly skilled in the use of each of the elements she controls but I still think that air is her strongest element. But factoring in how omega level is defined.....I think it is best described as weather manipulation. I think her greater showings (on earth) has been the way to manipulates/combine these forces to create the weather effects she does that make her an omega.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    She could be beaten in each department by a specialist. In electrokinesis by electro, in hydrokinesis by hydroman, the trick is that she can control all this elements at once, so she can pick weaknesses for different adversaries.

    And in Wether manipulation, no mutant can surpass her.

    Besides, her body is still human if im not mistaken, she can handle herself against goons but she is not going to charge against Hulk
    I disagree. I think strong arguments can be made that while Storm wields a lot of raw power she is also a specialist in each of the elements she wields. And I can't think of anything Electro has done that would make me think he could take Storm in a battle of electrokinesis.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

  4. #6529
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Enjoyed catching up on the last few days of postings:

    **X-Men #1 Preview - Looks good! The art is better than I expected. I liked the dialogue between her and Cyclops. I am loving the more militant and . Like they've really had it. It's about damn time. I feel like they have been in a vicious circle for so long that while they are choosing not to kill the humans who keep trying to kill them peaceful coexistence is no longer the driving philosophy behind their mission/efforts to survive.

    **Storm vs Magneto On EM Control - I do think Magneto has the EM game on lock. When I think of these kind of comparisons I look more to skill and versatility in that specific element more so than raw power. But I can see why the arguments for are strong in this area. I'd love to see Marvel explore that element with her more (besides lightning lol).



    I have often thought about this. I think she is powerful and highly skilled in the use of each of the elements she controls but I still think that air is her strongest element. But factoring in how omega level is defined.....I think it is best described as weather manipulation. I think her greater showings (on earth) has been the way to manipulates/combine these forces to create the weather effects she does that make her an omega.



    I disagree. I think strong arguments can be made that while Storm wields a lot of raw power she is also a specialist in each of the elements she wields. And I can't think of anything Electro has done that would make me think he could take Storm in a battle of electrokinesis.
    I asked another user but do you think how she was written in this preview is somewhat a call back to the Claremont outback days?

    also I hope that ororo and cyclops dont die in their mission to deal with the Orchis Corp.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #6530
    Mighty Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Classic cover art by Terry Dodson from Storm #1 (February, 1996):

    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.

  6. #6531
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Classic cover art by Terry Dodson from Storm #1 (February, 1996):

    it was a short but very nice run. she was definitely characterized nicely both in power and personality. does anyone know whatever happened to colossus brother? Is he still in the other dimension?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6532
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    I've been thinking and i my issue with how ororo has been handled in regards to Emma it seems she is a pushover. How many times has Ororo worked with her only to get burned? Tchalla even understood her thoughts with Emma so why does she constantly work with her?


    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #6533
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I asked another user but do you think how she was written in this preview is somewhat a call back to the Claremont outback days?

    also I hope that ororo and cyclops dont die in their mission to deal with the Orchis Corp.

    Definitely. Its the first thought that sprang to mind when I read the dialogue. Hopefully its fluid throughout the issue. And I am hoping that other writers catch on and keep that same strong, independent, militant and confident voice. But let’s see how the while issue plays out.

    I don’t see them dying in is case, though it raises the question - even with the ability to get resurrected, are we ready to see Storm bite it on panel?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

  9. #6534
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Sounds like this Strom vs Magneto debate is a missile versus a sniper to shoot a fly. The missile kills the fly, but if a sniper can do it, you'd say he's more skillful.

  10. #6535
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Definitely. Its the first thought that sprang to mind when I read the dialogue. Hopefully its fluid throughout the issue. And I am hoping that other writers catch on and keep that same strong, independent, militant and confident voice. But let’s see how the while issue plays out.

    I don’t see them dying in is case, though it raises the question - even with the ability to get resurrected, are we ready to see Storm bite it on panel?
    As I posited in another thread...
    I don't believe HiX-Man or any of the other writers are going to be killing off any major or secondary characters any time soon...any deaths now would just seem even more trite than when Rosenberg was writing...and even more so now with the R-5 back-up system.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  11. #6536
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Definitely. Its the first thought that sprang to mind when I read the dialogue. Hopefully its fluid throughout the issue. And I am hoping that other writers catch on and keep that same strong, independent, militant and confident voice. But let’s see how the while issue plays out.

    I don’t see them dying in is case, though it raises the question - even with the ability to get resurrected, are we ready to see Storm bite it on panel?
    Have you been reading black panther and fearless?? Do you think the characterizations there conflictvwuth how Hickman is writing her currently? I must say I like the return to the militant no bs Ororo but incsnt deny its uneasy to read considering how selfless she us in protecting all life -even humans - in black panther and in fearless.


    I also hope you are right about not seeing them die because to your question HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO I'm not ready to see the all-goddess bite the dust lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #6537
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Sounds like this Strom vs Magneto debate is a missile versus a sniper to shoot a fly. The missile kills the fly, but if a sniper can do it, you'd say he's more skillful.
    that's actually a pretty nice analogy. I can acknowledge when it comes to electromagnetic control magneto is way better than storm but in terms of the amount of this energy controlled ororo has controlled more of it on a larger scale. but to your point it would require way more skill to kill a fly with a sniper and that is way more impressive lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #6538
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    550

    Default

    The analogy doesn’t quite work in this instance. We’ve seen Storm act as both the missile and the sniper. We’ve seen her move continental sized blizzards and she can grab stray oxygen molecules. We’ve seen her send a rogue wave crashing towards a deserted Genosha, she moved an X-jet from the ocean floor without tearing it apart and grab stay hydrogen molecules. We know she could have shorted out the New York subway system in her solo if she was careless, but she can also split water molecules via electrolysis without electrocuting herself and her team in X-treme. Lol she created whole faces inside of clouds and she recently did the same thing with water HOX.

    Just to reiterate, we’ve seen Ororo act as both the missile and the sniper in regards to air manipulation. We’ve also seen her act as the missile and the sniper in regards to her water manipulation. Her immunity to electricity speaks volumes about her absolute control in that domain, not to mention we’ve seen her act as both the sniper and the missile in that regard as well. We’ve only now just begun to realize her potential when it comes her power and how it’s applied solely to magnetic fields. When we talk about it that those terms the entire comparison to Magneto is a straw man. We’re not even comparing apples to oranges in this case. We’re comparing the produce section to entire grocery market and the farm. Magneto is a magnetism specialist. And he has years of experience and finesse at his disposal. We are just beginning to see the upper limits of her magnetic abilities. People are losing sight of that. Instead of acknowledging her power in regards to air, water, electricity and then apply that understanding to her magnetic abilities, we are expected to believe that Magneto is on a higher tier than she is and it just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

  14. #6539
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The analogy doesn’t quite work in this instance. We’ve seen Storm act as both the missile and the sniper. We’ve seen her move continental sized blizzards and she can grab stray oxygen molecules. We’ve seen her send a rogue wave crashing towards a deserted Genosha, she moved an X-jet from the ocean floor without tearing it apart and grab stay hydrogen molecules. We know she could have shorted out the New York subway system in her solo if she was careless, but she can also split water molecules via electrolysis without electrocuting herself and her team in X-treme. Lol she created whole faces inside of clouds and she recently did the same thing with water HOX.

    Just to reiterate, we’ve seen Ororo act as both the missile and the sniper in regards to air manipulation. We’ve also seen her act as the missile and the sniper in regards to her water manipulation. Her immunity to electricity speaks volumes about her absolute control in that domain, not to mention we’ve seen her act as both the sniper and the missile in that regard as well. We’ve only now just begun to realize her potential when it comes her power and how it’s applied solely to magnetic fields. When we talk about it that those terms the entire comparison to Magneto is a straw man. We’re not even comparing apples to oranges in this case. We’re comparing the produce section to entire grocery market and the farm. Magneto is a magnetism specialist. And he has years of experience and finesse at his disposal. We are just beginning to see the upper limits of her magnetic abilities. People are losing sight of that. Instead of acknowledging her power in regards to air, water, electricity and then apply that understanding to her magnetic abilities, we are expected to believe that Magneto is on a higher tier than she is and it just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
    Excellent points!!!

  15. #6540
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    This is my first time here and I didn't realize who old it was. I just responded to the first comment I saw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •