Page 207 of 662 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm gets killed by her own lightning in marvel presents...

Wha...and I thought Major X was a bad showing....

Get the shields ready, there will definitly be trolling for this.

Liefeld writing hot garbage. A tale as old as time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF type of bulls-t is that?
    right lolol. thank the goddess it's not 616.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's actually pretty Cool. What a Glorious Death Storm was Given.

I like how they don't care about Scott or Storm dying LOL.
    even if she was not immune to lightning her own bolt should not kill her. lolol Issa mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

right lolol. thank the goddess it's not 616.

even if she was not immune to lightning her own bolt should not kill her. lolol Issa mess.
    Ah,Who cares about that it's not in continuity. It's still cool how she died.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ah,Who cares about that it's not in continuity. It's still cool how she died.
    oh trust me I dont care but it does perpetuate the idea that she isnt immune to lightning.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Liefeld writing hot garbage. A tale as old as time.
    this seems to be common knowledge. what else did he write?

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

oh boo dont worry about this. this isnt canon. however the following could be used by the trolls:

why is she calling him "my liege?" just trash lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know how I fee about this. As...
    1: Storm of all people should never be struggling with Godhood. Because of her experience with Jean and the PF. Because of her own personal knowledge and experience. So for me that's a tad OOC.
    2: I don't know how much communication is going on between the X-Office, HiX-Man and the Avengers Office with regards to shared characters/Storm in particular. Coates and others may be going in one direction but I can see HiX-Man, as current director of the X-Men, having completely different plans.

No I have to disagree actually. I think it makes perfect sense for Ororo to hesitate in fully stepping into her Godhood, if not even more so because of Jean. She watched her best friend, someone she loved dearly and knew to be a wonderful person and possibly the closest thing to family she has known outside of Achmed, Ainet, and T’challa since her parents died turn into a world devouring, insatiable cosmic entity when imbued with the powers of a God. Dying multiple times because of it, to the great pain of all who loved her. Uncanny #147 being the perfect example of her ascending to this higher plane of being only to let the fear of becoming like Jean and hurting her friends give her the strength to rein it in and suppress infinite power. I even believe that if it weren’t for Jean and how traumatic that relationship has been for her, she probably would’ve breached this threshold a lot sooner than now. Just my thoughts though.

Another reason being Control. Control has been a monumental theme throughout Ororo’s life. Loss of control in the tragedy of losing her parents at 5 years old. No control over her surroundings imploding around her leading to a debilitating case of claustrophobia. Maintaining constant control over her emotions to stabilize the surrounding weather and not harm those around her. A factor that has had such an affect on her personality as to make people who aren’t close to her view her as being slightly distant and aloof, when really she is just permanently guarded for their sake. No control over the loss of her powers and her identity due to her severed connection from the Earth. The pain of having no control over the fact that your marriage was unilaterally ended, and even more so not being able to control the fact that you still love him regardless. I don’t see it being that strange that taking the blind leap of faith into this new echelon of being would be scary for Ororo, not knowing if she will lose control of her agency, her powers, or her life if she does. I think it’s perfectly reasonable, however I do think it’s coming to a point where she won’t have a choice anymore. She will have to leap into that great unknown probably to save her love, T’challa or to protect Wakanda from danger but as we all know, she will soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    No I have to disagree actually. I think it makes perfect sense for Ororo to hesitate in fully stepping into her Godhood, if not even more so because of Jean. She watched her best friend, someone she loved dearly and knew to be a wonderful person and possibly the closest thing to family she has known outside of Achmed, Ainet, and T’challa since her parents died turn into a world devouring, insatiable cosmic entity when imbued with the powers of a God. Dying multiple times because of it, to the great pain of all who loved her. Uncanny #147 being the perfect example of her ascending to this higher plane of being only to let the fear of becoming like Jean and hurting her friends give her the strength to rein it in and suppress infinite power. I even believe that if it weren’t for Jean and how traumatic that relationship has been for her, she probably would’ve breached this threshold a lot sooner than now. Just my thoughts though.

Another reason being Control. Control has been a monumental theme throughout Ororo’s life. Loss of control in the tragedy of losing her parents at 5 years old. No control over her surroundings imploding around her leading to a debilitating case of claustrophobia. Maintaining constant control over her emotions to stabilize the surrounding weather and not harm those around her. A factor that has had such an affect on her personality as to make people who aren’t close to her view her as being slightly distant and aloof, when really she is just permanently guarded for their sake. No control over the loss of her powers and her identity due to her severed connection from the Earth. The pain of having no control over the fact that your marriage was unilaterally ended, and even more so not being able to control the fact that you still love him regardless. I don’t see it being that strange that taking the blind leap of faith into this new echelon of being would be scary for Ororo, not knowing if she will lose control of her agency, her powers, or her life if she does. I think it’s perfectly reasonable, however I do think it’s coming to a point where she won’t have a choice anymore. She will have to leap into that great unknown probably to save her love, T’challa or to protect Wakanda from danger but as we all know, she will soar.

agreed. it takes me back to when she went rogue storm and she was reminded of Jean going dark resulting in her dialing down her need to achieve ultimate power (as you mentioned):

and your post is 100% spot on. I completely agree.

I think your last point is what Baba alluded to in the opening pages of Black Panther. She may not want to embrace that part of herself but the circumstances around her may not allow her to continue ignoring that power.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-26-2019 at 11:44 AM.

I don't even know why people would act brand new over this. It was written by Charles Soule. The same man who didn't give Storm a panel in Death of Wolverine. The same man who was like a mutant killing cloud is culture. Lol. Now wolverine had a blonde hair blue eyed daughter. Maybe this is the main universer Jimmy hudson. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't even know why people would act brand new over this. It was written by Charles Soule. The same man who didn't give Storm a panel in Death of Wolverine. The same man who was like a mutant killing cloud is culture. Lol. Now wolverine had a blonde hair blue eyed daughter. Maybe this is the main universer Jimmy hudson. lol
    is this the man who wrote this mess???? why does it seem the xwriters look to write her as ineffectual both in power and characterization while the BP offices are doing the opposite? what are your thoughts here?

agreed. it takes me back to when she went rogue storm and she was reminded of Jean going dark resulting in her dialing down her need to achieve ultimate power (as you mentioned):

and your post is 100% spot on. I completely agree.
    Yes that is exactly the scene from Uncanny #147 I was referring to thank you for finding and posting it for me! I just love what Coates is doing as far as the intertwining yet reflective arcs he has been weaving for T’challa and Ororo. Finding themselves and thereby finding each other again. Stronger and more evolved as people and as a unit because of it. Both on their journey leading the to same place, together. A road they’ve been on and helping each other down intermittently since they met as children. I’m not one for sentiment most times but I’m a sucker for a good story and you can consider my heart strings, plucked.

oh boo dont worry about this. this isnt canon. however the following could be used by the trolls:

why is she calling him "my liege?" just trash lol
    Thank the goddess, well if they try then I guess it isn't bad writing for Jean to to be beat by Deadpool. No one should be taking this seriously.

is this the man who wrote this mess???? why does it seem the xwriters look to write her as ineffectual both in power and characterization while the BP offices are doing the opposite? what are your thoughts here?
    honestly? pettiness. why even put her in it when her only line was die and that could literally be anybody. storm is a black woman with a very vocal fanbase and it pisses these writers off when they get called out for being hacks when they show the character no respect. at least thats my opinion. it more bothers me when i think the writer is actually good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thank the goddess, well if they try then I guess it isn't bad writing for Jean to to be beat by Deadpool. No one should be taking this seriously.
    oh baby if I come across some slick Jean fans who want to say how easily she stomps storm I will use those deadpool images trust. at least with Ororo she was fine a few panels later.