Page 300 of 662 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    1. The art - I'm not a fan at all and Sue looks so ugly it's offensive

2. The plot - It's taken too long to setup the threat. We only have 4 issues and it's boring so far, there aren't even character interactions to keep interest

3. The interactions - This should be the main hook of the book, seeing these leading women interact with each other. But it's lifeless and boring, the few conversations they've had feels more like exposition than real conversations.

4. Personalities - Carol comes in with a personality that's mean to be fun and stuff, while Sue and Storm are written as boring and slightly stuck-up. They showed no personality. That was my biggest fear, using the Storm and Sue to prop up Carol. It's still early to say if that's happening for sure, but it seems like it and I hate it.

It's such a shame as I had such high expectations and this book had the potential to be so much better. Why was it made?
    Co-sign. Oh And Storm's a Vegetarian again ::roll eyes::

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    1. The art - I'm not a fan at all and Sue looks so ugly it's offensive

2. The plot - It's taken too long to setup the threat. We only have 4 issues and it's boring so far, there aren't even character interactions to keep interest

3. The interactions - This should be the main hook of the book, seeing these leading women interact with each other. But it's lifeless and boring, the few conversations they've had feels more like exposition than real conversations.

4. Personalities - Carol comes in with a personality that's mean to be fun and stuff, while Sue and Storm are written as boring and slightly stuck-up. They showed no personality. That was my biggest fear, using the Storm and Sue to prop up Carol. It's still early to say if that's happening for sure, but it seems like it and I hate it.

It's such a shame as I had such high expectations and this book had the potential to be so much better. Why was it made?
    Now this post is 100% spot on.

1. Lol oh no lolol. yea the art was not that great. I've seen worse but the cover for this issue really was polar opposite of what we got interior wise.

2. Exactly. We are literally halfway through and we have ZERO idea of what the threat is outside of Kamala's hunch something is not right. Which by the way doesnt make any sense. What about an all girls camp would give her the idea that the event was a trap. There could have been better story told with these three women than the one chose for this title.

3 Again I 100% agree. I was really hoping for some fun or engaging interactions between at least Sue and Ororo but in this title they barely came across as friendly. I think this was my biggest issue. The exchanges had could have occured with any character. Replace Ororo and Sue with Jean and Crystal and you would have the same boring story.

4. Yes again. If any of these three should be boring and with no personality its Carol but that wasnt the case. I.wouldnt be surprised if Carol ends up saving the day honestly but I've honestly checked out at this point so if they are there to prop her up I wouldn't even care.

All in all your analysis perfectly summarized my issue with this book. I had such high expectations after reading the first issue but this one was severely and unfortunately a HUGE let down.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    major eye roll!!!

#stormisnotvegan
    #norissheavegetarian

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    major eye roll!!!

#stormisnotvegan
    #norissheavegetarian

Lol. Why are you guys against this? I say this as someone who isn’t vegan or vegetarian.

BANNED

Just Read Fearless #2.

I liked this a lot. Storm had a lot of diolauge and character interaction with the others. The only thing I didn't like is that Ororo, Sue and Carol keep calling each other by their super-hero names like they don't know each other. But eh it's whatever. Not a fan that Khamala Khan is here, but whatever.

Good Issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm curious what made it garbage for you. Personally i enjoyed it, so curious. Storm came off as an expert on enviorment in my opinion. the small thing like spiders aren't bugs, her views on how mutation isn't bad and it should be appreciated vs. her views on "invasive species" i thought there was a lot of small detail that gave us insight into Storm's character. What i didn't like was the vegeterian thing. I don't think Storm would be a vegan and it just screamed of writer feeling anyone who cares about the environment mustn't eat meat or something.
    I agree to all of this. I Liked it. I didn't see anything wrong, but the Vegetarian part was a huh? for me.

All in All Storm was written pretty well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Lol. Why are you guys against this? I say this as someone who isn’t vegan or vegetarian.
    lolol I wouldnt have issue with it if this was how ororo has been characterized in the past but it's not as that scan from her solo shows. it seems the writer is trying to convey their ideals on what makes a " true environmentalist" by adding this contradictory detail to her and it's just offputting. add to this the writer is depicting her as stuffy, somewhat pretentious who seemingly only cares about the well beings of mutants. she was too busy for the other human girls, but since her student asked she made a point to come? i imagine ororo to make time to inspire young girls regardless of if they are mutant or human. her characterization is just completely off and the vegan thing is just the icing on the cake for me at least.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just Read Fearless #2.

I liked this a lot. Storm had a lot of diolauge and character interaction with the others. The only thing I didn't like is that Ororo, Sue and Carol keep calling each other by their super-hero names like they don't know each other. But eh it's whatever. Not a fan that Khamala Khan is here, but whatever.

Good Issue.
    the interactions she had didnt seem off to you? the fact that literally nothing happened in the issue you didnt find boring?? I'm glad you liked it but I'm kinda surprised you liked it lol.

lolol I wouldnt have issue with it if this was how ororo has been characterized in the past but it's not as that scan from her solo shows. it seems the writer is trying to convey their ideals on what makes a " true environmentalist" by adding this contradictory detail to her and it's just offputting. add to this the writer is depicting her as stuffy, somewhat pretentious who seemingly only cares about the well beings of mutants. she was too busy for the other human girls, but since her student asked she made a point to come? i imagine ororo to make time to inspire young girls regardless of if they are mutant or human. her characterization is just completely off and the vegan thing is just the icing on the cake for me at least.
    Ok. I get what you’re saying. I feel like if writers had established a long time ago if she was vegan/vegetarian it wouldn’t be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Ok. I get what you’re saying. I feel like if writers had established a long time ago if she was vegan/vegetarian it wouldn’t be so bad.
    exactly!!! don't try to convey an ideal or belief that you align to through characters when it doesnt align to the previous stories told. if she was a person who, as you said, was always shown as such it wouldnt be an issue. but she was a goddess in Kenya where her villages herd goats, cattle. you think these cattle were not used for milk and perhaps meat as well? fast forward to her solo and she is eating meat without pause. all in all, the lengthy response is to say I totally agree with you but this relatively "new" way of life around being vegan isnt something I would imagine she would do.

and on another note, if she would have problem with eating meat i would go as far as to say she would have problem with vegetation to due to her empathic connection to the planet including plants. ole girl talks to them like we do to our friends or pets. so if she still eats veggies I'm sure she wouldnt mind eating meat lolol. ok I'm done frfr lol.

So ladies and gentlemen it seems more likely that Ororo, the Hadari Yao, will be in Black Panther 2. My reason for this is that Black Panther will not start filming until 2021 which is when Phase 4 of marvel will end. It is expected that mutants will make their debut in Phase 6 of the MCU. So things should be very interesting to say the least as to who they cast and how she will debut in the film:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/21/mar...ng-until-2021/

BANNED

the interactions she had didnt seem off to you? the fact that literally nothing happened in the issue you didnt find boring?? I'm glad you liked it but I'm kinda surprised you liked it lol.
    The only interaction that was off to me was when Storm arrived at the scene. At first Storm did come off a bit snobbish even Sue Storm. But, after that Storm's personality kinda changed after it which I found very interesting.

The Issue isn't even over yet it has 2 more to go. They are at a Camp for Girls, I expected this to be Boring after all. LOL what do you expect them to do? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The only interaction that was off to me was when Storm arrived at the scene. At first Storm did come off a bit snobbish even Sue Storm. But, after that Storm's personality kinda changed after it which I found very interesting.

The Issue isn't even over yet it has 2 more to go. They are at a Camp for Girls, I expected this to be Boring after all. LOL what do you expect them to do? lol.
    you know honestly when I read the solicits that this would be at a girls camp I thought it was going to be incredibly boring! the first issue came out and I was like ok this has some potential. it was a pleasant surprise.

but Chile this issue definitely lives up to what I first expected. I mean, could you imagine being one of the human girls who loved storm only to hear her basically say "f you human kids I'm too busy but since there are mutants here that I taught I will come." It just is not how i would ever imagine ororo to engage with anyone and if she felt that way i dont think she would say such a thing in front of the kids.

and please explain to me what gave Kamala this idea that something was going on? like what clues or indications gave her such a notion?

So ladies and gentlemen it seems more likely that Ororo, the Hadari Yao, will be in Black Panther 2. My reason for this is that Black Panther will not start filming until 2021 which is when Phase 4 of marvel will end. It is expected that mutants will make their debut in Phase 6 of the MCU. So things should be very interesting to say the least as to who they cast and how she will debut in the film:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/21/mar...ng-until-2021/
    That sucks. It means BP2 likely wont come out until late 2022, maybe 2023

BANNED

you know honestly when I read the solicits that this would be at a girls camp I thought it was going to be incredibly boring! the first issue came out and I was like ok this has some potential. it was a pleasant surprise.

but Chile this issue definitely lives up to what I first expected. I mean, could you imagine being one of the human girls who loved storm only to hear her basically say "f you human kids I'm too busy but since there are mutants here that I taught I will come." It just is not how i would ever imagine ororo to engage with anyone and if she felt that way i dont think she would say such a thing in front of the kids.

and please explain to me what gave Kamala this idea that something was going on? like what clues or indications gave her such a notion?
    I agree that's what I didn't like. But as the story went forward we Saw Storm actually befriending 2 Human girls and taking an interest in them as well. I see what you mean, but at the same time FOR ME. I saw her opinion and personality change.

I kinda knew this would be boring because it's a book for Women Empowerment, not saying that books about Women empowerment are boring, but the setting which it's taking place(A Camp) is boring. I expected that.

I don't know. Kamala thought it was strange that nobody knew about this. Which goes back to Sue Storm when she said to Reed that she never heard of this before. And if you think about it Storm says you invoked a former student of mine who had no powers during M-Day. AND said that they have been aware of Storm's "Activities" which means they have been watching Storm for a LONG LONG Time. Carol is the only one that's random. But Marvel always finds a way to shoehorn Kamala into some Story that involves the Big Dogs especially if they are Female(IMO).
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.