Page 618 of 662 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Was this article posted here: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...l-in-marauders

I found this part interesting and relevant to this thread:

As Captain Kate Pryde moves closer to working with the Hellfire Club in Issue 2 of Marauders this week, Duggan says he'll be expanding on the dynamics of the burgeoning mutant corporation. Additionally, he says the expanding cast of characters (which now includes Bishop) is something he's looking forward to having fun with, especially Storm.

"Storm's an interesting one; she has very personal reasons for beginning this journey," he says. "She has some very big stories on the horizon both in the X-world and beyond."
    No, that was not posted in here. But THANKS FOR sharing. I love this, he basically confirmed what he told me on Twitter.
    I don’t know About y’all but I’m excited DOX is doing good. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now I'm scared.
    Why are you scared??? You should REJOICE MY DEAR FRIEND.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Was this article posted here: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...l-in-marauders

I found this part interesting and relevant to this thread:

As Captain Kate Pryde moves closer to working with the Hellfire Club in Issue 2 of Marauders this week, Duggan says he'll be expanding on the dynamics of the burgeoning mutant corporation. Additionally, he says the expanding cast of characters (which now includes Bishop) is something he's looking forward to having fun with, especially Storm.

"Storm's an interesting one; she has very personal reasons for beginning this journey," he says. "She has some very big stories on the horizon both in the X-world and beyond."
    I feel like it’s inevitable that Krakoa is going to come into conflict with Wakanda due to the stance they took on trading with Krakoa. Also T’challa being the Avengers Chairman watches the world with a close eye now. I could see Krakoa eventually being an obstacle in their relationship, I just hope it’s handled wayyyy differently than that Ochocinco vs Evelyn crap we got in AVX.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Astonishing Member

"She's on a boat because ... it's either that or be at the mercy of a teleporter. She's doing critical work for the betterment of her people, and yet — she's left behind. It's a fertile place to have some fun." Huh never thought of it like that. I guess Kate not using a teleporter is more a sense of Pryde than anything else I also like the fact that he's playing with the idea that Kate has always wanted to be a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    LOL. Why? What do you think he has planned for her?
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Why are you scared??? You should REJOICE MY DEAR FRIEND.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Writers have a tendency to let us down when they say stuff like that.

As a matter of fact, Jonathan Maberry (the guy who wrote the pic above), was the first writer I remember saying Storm was gonna do something amazing in Doomwars. We waited 6 issues for Storm to create a tornado to destroy some robots.

So you can see why some of us are in the "Wait and See" category.
    Like LAM said, "big plans" is like the kiss of death.

And therein lies the difference. You look at the T'Challa through the eyes Storm. That's where you began.

I've been reading about T'Challa since McGregor, some 30 years before they married. I've seen the up and downs, from the "Noble Negro" to the "most dangerous man alive" to the flawed King who would do anything to protect his country. And by flawed I mean the person who was so focused on being the Wakanda's greatest defender that he would do anything, break any rule, use anyone to further his goal. That man is fascinating. Sort of like a few other monarchs and a certain master of magnetism.

His relationship with Storm should be as equals, not one lecturing the other, not tip-toeing around each other. They should be the power couple of Marvel. But they are mired in Real Housewives of ATL type isht. Boring. They should both speak their mind, call each other out as needed but enough with the constant needing to learn a lesson about each other.

No one should dare challenge this couple and if you're coming, you better bring your family and their big boy pants. I want afro-futurism where they have a vision of the world, the universe and what it will take to make that vision happen. I don't want Game of Thrones, I want War of Kings and Queens.

Won't happen with Coates. The only thing he can do for me is leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you mentioned they shouldnt lecture each other but my point was that Ororo always has been a lecturer or preachy. I didnt know enough about tchalla to say if he is a lecturer or not which is why I didnt comment on it; however, based upon my readings of him he doesnt come off as the preachy pr lecturing type.
    Read my whole quote. I did say they should call each other out as necessary and speak their minds but not every frakking time.

At some point, lecturing becomes nagging. These are adults not children.

BANNED

At some point, lecturing becomes nagging.
    And there’s that coded language.

Is it nagging when T’Challa gets an earful from the kings of the past? The thing that really has me rolling my eyes is that the latest issue has Storm helping T’Challa work through his guilt and trying to build him up but “nagging” is where we landed.

The fragility of it all...

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post

Is it nagging when T’Challa gets an earful from the kings of the past? The thing that really has me rolling my eyes is that the latest issue has Storm helping T’Challa work through his guilt and trying to build him up but “nagging” is where we landed.

Hey there ! I don't speak in code, I just speak plainly.

I don't think I ever said that Storm nagged T'Challa in this issue and if you read my previous posts I said that they should both speak their minds and tell each other what they need to hear when necessary.

Let's not get off on the wrong foot by accusing anyone of anything.

We can have a good discussion if you're willing but leave the complex at the door.

BANNED

Hey there ! I don't speak in code, I just speak plainly.

I don't think I ever said that Storm nagged T'Challa in this issue and if you read my previous posts I said that they should both speak their minds and tell each other what they need to hear when necessary.

Let's not get off on the wrong foot by accusing anyone of anything.

We can have a good discussion if you're willing but leave the complex at the door.

Sorry you don’t get to decide what is and isn’t coded language anymore than I do, and I noticed you didn’t answer my question. Is it nagging when T’Challa’s male ancestors do it or just his lady love?

Sorry you don’t get to decide what is and isn’t coded language anymore than I do, and I noticed you didn’t answer my question. Is it nagging when T’Challa’s male ancestors do it or just his lady love?
    Heh, if you chose to have your own words perceived differently than what you've said then let that be your issue not mine. Don't presume to add some "coded language" to my post. What I said is clearly plain to see. If you perceive it differently then again, that's your issue.

To answer your question it's not acceptable for either as far as I'm concerned.

Depends on how the person being talked to responds. The persons doing the nagging probably believe they aren't. So the way to judge is by Tchallas' reactions to whoever is speaking to him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

well... this is actually a great point.

and no storm today it seems
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-04-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Marauders Issue 3:

Was Good. But i'd say it is the weakest out of the other 2 issues.

But I did like the dynamic of Sebastian Shaw and his Son Shinobi Shaw was very Cute.

We also Leaern that Bishop was supposed to be the Red Bishop, but he declined. We now know there is a White Bishop as well. It's pretty Good. :-)

A Full Storm Issue will be Marauders Issue 4&5 I'm excited I can't wait.

Storm got a reprieve from her Krakoa Welcoming Committee duties this week as Sebastian took over

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Marauders Issue 3:

Was Good. But i'd say it is the weakest out of the other 2 issues.

But I did like the dynamic of Sebastian Shaw and his Son Shinobi Shaw was very Cute.

We also Leaern that Bishop was supposed to be the Red Bishop, but he declined. We now know there is a White Bishop as well. It's pretty Good. :-)

A Full Storm Issue will be Marauders Issue 4&5 I'm excited I can't wait.
    That sucks. And I'm not using coded language, it really sucks.

BANNED

That sucks. And I'm not using coded language, it really sucks.
    I mean the spot is still in the Open. Next Issue he MIGHT just be the Red Bishop or the Red Knight.

The Spots that are Vacant are:
    Lord Imperial
    White Knight(I'm guessing Callisto will be the White Knight)
    Black Knight
    Red Bishop
    Red Knight