Page 416 of 662 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she definitely did say that prior to fighting adversary but where did she say that in this current season??

could you provide issue number please ???
    I think he/she’s referring to the scan directly above, Kyss.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I think he/she’s referring to the scan directly above, Kyss.
    ooof... lolol.. im.still waking up hahaha

did u see my question about her having her own franchise? what are your thoughts boo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-03-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh this is very probable. Ororo is definitely for the survival and protection of mutants but she did not seem to happy with how Xavier is running things in krakoa and there could be reasons for this thst have yet to be revealed.

excellent point and I hope your theory is explored. as I commented and as you expounded on beautifully is that the fact she is a God doesnt mean she is a "wakandan god" in the sense her powers originate there. I hope Ngai is introduced at some point that would be really interesting. Do you have any links about her?

what is negative about coates book?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngai
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    She also said she wouldn't call herself a GOD at all.
    No she would call herself a GODDESS. Like she did when she zapped Legion in Age of X-man
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oooh I think you may be on to something here:

In prayers and sacrifices Ngai is addressed by the Gikuyu as Mwene-Nyaga (possessor of brightness)." He went on to write that: "This name is associated with Kĩrĩ-Nyaga (the Gikuyu name for Mount Kenya) which means: That which possesses brightness, or mountain of brightness."

this may be why ororo refers to her goddess as bright lady. thanks boo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No she would call herself a GODDESS. Like she did when she zapped Legion in Age of X-man
    Baby boom!! how could I forget she told x-legion this when she hurt him when none of the other mutants could:.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Technically mutants are human. They just aren’t treated like it so you get stuff like Krakoa lol. The X-Men are putting emphasis on the X-gene to decide which is which. Storm is in a unique position as a mutant who’s been embraced by (some of) humanity so I’m interested to see how she’s taking all this.

Yes, I know mutants are also human. I was wondering if, in the comics, the mutants were making a mutant vs human distinction or a mutant vs. non-mutant distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, I know mutants are also human. I was wondering if, in the comics, the mutants were making a mutant vs human distinction or a mutant vs. non-mutant distinction.
    the whole mutants vs humans, even if they are humans, make sense. when you have people that can control your thoughts or destroy cities with their minds it would make sense that humans would be afraid. so this war between mutants and humans over krakoa is inevitable. now they are an official nation though will make it harder for the other nations to go to war with them.

the thread about ororo having her own franchise or little corner within the marvel universe intrigued me. I think most here would agree that she could but what would that look like?

For me, I would want her to have her godhead explored where it is revealed she belongs to sncient Kenyan gods pantheon. Some are benevolent while others aren't. All are angry that she has ignored her gift of godhead but as of late have been revered more than her. These gods start to reek havoc on the lands of Kenya in an attempt to destroy her and she is now looking to bring balance back to the land. She obviously will eventually work to do this and gain respect from the benevolent gods and this can begin the building and exploration link ming directly to her within the mu. additional as one of the planets avatars when it items threatened by alien or indigenous invaders she is primarily called upon to protect it.

at any rate what do you think and what would you like to see?

You know what? Looking at the way Storm just slowly descended on those guys with all the confidence, perhaps even arrogance of her absolute correct position, she is scary as ****. LOL. I mean, she would make one beautifully wicked villain. Okay, yeah, that doesn't answer your question at all, but I love the scan.

It would be nice, after all of these years, for Ororo's lineage to be examined and developed more. I think it's a lot of unexplored territory there ripe for great storytelling and character development as well as mythos building.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As pervasive is it's been across these threads...readers quickly jumping to conclusions on the basis of a panel or dialogue wrongly/differently interpreted is not the basis for enlightened (or even interesting) conversation.
    But that never stops them...unfortunately.
    Very true. I guess, at some point, we are all guilty of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    You know what? Looking at the way Storm just slowly descended on those guys with all the confidence, perhaps even arrogance of her absolute correct position, she is scary as ****. LOL. I mean, she would make one beautifully wicked villain. Okay, yeah, that doesn't answer your question at all, but I love the scan.

It would be nice, after all of these years, for Ororo's lineage to be examined and developed more. I think it's a lot of unexplored territory there ripe for great storytelling and character development as well as mythos building.
    Hell yes she is scary and with the power to control the weather? That's even more terrifying. I think sometimes this is loss in the comics but if we think about the deadly nature of hurricanes and tornadoes in the real world it puts the severity of this power in perspective. This is why it was so easy for her to be worshipped as a goddess way back in Kenya. To open the Clouds and bring rain to the animals and villagers baked by the African sun. and that's ok that it didn't answer the question as it was still a great observation lol

yea her lineage definitely should be explored more. there are so many questions. and not just on her maternal side but also her paternal side as well.

ooof... lolol.. im.still waking up hahaha

did u see my question about her having her own franchise? what are your thoughts boo.
    I did now! Sorry I’ve been in the HoX threads a lot today so I’m just now making the rounds. I did see it and the thread for that topic as well. I personally think the question of whether or not Storm can support her own solo series is beyond redundant. Everyone using the excuses of she “started in a team and must remain in one” and “her solos would have lasted if she could” are entirely inaccurate, almost to the point of being intentionally insulting. How many characters started on a team and have gone on to have successful solo books? How can you not take into account the editorial push to make a solo great by having a passionate and talented writer paired with an amazing art team? It makes no sense to me to say otherwise honesty, especially because Ororo, having the 6th highest number of appearances out of ANY Marvel character has so much canon and potential behind her to believe otherwise. A black, female, African and American, goddess, omega level mutant, superhero with power over the elements and any number of antagonists from her past and potential one’s for her future... can’t support a book? But a character created 19 years ago who was just a gender swapped rip off of another one can? Not to quote Gaga but I HAVE to laugh. The only joke is the very question itself.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 10-03-2019 at 04:05 PM.

if these rumors are true we dont have to worry about Shipp making a return to the xworld as storm:

https://www.cbr.com/the-batman-tessa...hipp-catwoman/

if these rumors are true we dont have to worry about Shipp making a return to the xworld as storm:

https://www.cbr.com/the-batman-tessa...hipp-catwoman/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omgggggggggggg I hope to the GODDESS that she gets the part!! Shipp and a DC Catwoman movie are a match made I clown heaven. 10/10 would love to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I did now! Sorry I’ve been in the HoX threads a lot today so I’m just now making the rounds. I did see it and the thread for that topic as well. I personally think the question of whether or not Storm can support her own solo series is beyond redundant. Everyone using the excuses of she “started in a team and must remain in one” and “her solos would have lasted if she could” are entirely inaccurate, almost to the point of being intentionally insulting. How many characters started on a team and have gone on to have successful solo books? How can you not take into account the editorial push to make a solo great by having a passionate and talented writer paired with an amazing art team? It makes no sense to me to say otherwise honesty, especially because Ororo, having the 6th highest number of appearances out of ANY Marvel character has so much canon and potential behind her to believe otherwise. A black, female, African and American, goddess, omega level mutant, superhero with power over the elements and any number of antagonists from her past and potential one’s for her future... can’t support a book? But a character created 19 years ago who was just a gender swapped rip off of another one can? Not to quote Gaga but I HAVE to laugh. The only joke is the very question itself.
    People can't seem to think outside the box on this one.

I mentioned in the thread that Susan Richards has a solo where it was revealed that she has a background working for SHIELD. Who would have thought it?

I say the first thing they need to do is have Storm appear in other non mutant titles like Cap. Spidey, Iron Man etc. And don't let it be some preachy isht. Have her get along with the other hero as they just kick ass.

They really are over thinking this and some can't see her doing things away from the X-Men. She's not just a mutant.