Page 262 of 662 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Cool list. I agree with StormPhoenix's order. I don't see how a non-PF Jean or Storm could outrank reality warpers.
    agreed reality warping is a pretty hax ability lol. now the only way I can see her doing something is via her goddess power which is something completely separate from her mutation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cool list. I agree with StormPhoenix's order. I don't see how a non-PF Jean or Storm could outrank reality warpers.
    It could be argued Storm warps reality when she manipulates the weather. I mean, what is "the weather" but the local state of reality. That might be more semantic than most arguments should be, but look at what she did in the Trion dimension. She put everything back in order when the membrane of the entire dimension was ruptured and fraying. If that's not warping reality, I don't know what is.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It could be argued Storm warps reality when she manipulates the weather. I mean, what is "the weather" but the local state of reality. That might be more semantic than most arguments should be, but look at what she did in the Trion dimension. She put everything back in order when the membrane of the entire dimension was ruptured and fraying. If that's not warping reality, I don't know what is.
    why do I always for trion dimension. that feat was definitely not weather manipulation. good point. I would love for the creative team now to explain how she was able to perform such feats, trion, galatic core. these were not weather feats.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is beautiful!

I actually like Lupita as Nakia too, though. I'd love for her to go off the rails like her comic character. Lupita has typically played the heroine and I'd love to see her flex her acting chops as a grey or straight up bad character.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I wouldn’t call the Trion feat reality warping, or assume its not relates to her atmospheric/elemental control. I think, even with unique physics associated with that dimension, it can be argued that it is within her power set to do it and not a different power.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do I always for trion dimension. that feat was definitely not weather manipulation. good point. I would love for the creative team now to explain how she was able to perform such feats, trion, galatic core. these were not weather feats.
    I would place solar wind and electrical impulse control to be within her power set. Solar winds are not earth weather but has been explained as being part of space weather and was established in her power set from the start. And electricity, be it from the atmosphere as lightning, technology or the human body is still electricity. She should have full control over that element. Air, temperature, pressure, moisture & electromagnetism should be her core competencies on earth.

Default Powers Of X #1 Perez variant

POWERS OF X #1 PEREZ VARIANT

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...perez-variant/

A beautiful George Perez variant for Powers of X #1

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This is beautiful!

I actually like Lupita as Nakia too, though. I'd love for her to go off the rails like her comic character. Lupita has typically played the heroine and I'd love to see her flex her acting chops as a grey or straight up bad character.
    I thought it was too but I agree. I prefer Lupita as Nakia. As gorgeous as she is I dont know if she could really give me Ororo temperament-wise. Not saying that she couldnt but I'm cool with her being Nakia. If Marvel ever goes the direction of Malice this would be a good opportunity to see how diverse of an actress she can be.

I wouldn’t call the Trion feat reality warping, or assume its not relates to her atmospheric/elemental control. I think, even with unique physics associated with that dimension, it can be argued that it is within her power set to do it and not a different power.

I would place solar wind and electrical impulse control to be within her power set. Solar winds are not earth weather but has been explained as being part of space weather and was established in her power set from the start. And electricity, be it from the atmosphere as lightning, technology or the human body is still electricity. She should have full control over that element. Air, temperature, pressure, moisture & electromagnetism should be her core competencies on earth.
    I see your point but if the argument you are making is that the element or force must govern weather, the element with the highest concentration in lava is oxygen. Moreover, consider the galatic core feat. What in how this feat was done is related to weather?
    The feat centers around her ability to see energy and manipulate it, which Claremont described it being no different from when she controls weather. I think when you get into the saying her powers are limited to those aspects which are directly tied to weather control is when you potentially set it up for some of her feats to not make sense ir it leads to writers depowering her when there is "no weather." All in all, one of her biggest fears has nothing to do with weather - the galatic core feat - and even being able to rearrange her clothes via lightning couldnt be categorized as weather.

Quote Originally Posted by allforgeeks View Post
    POWERS OF X #1 PEREZ VARIANT

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...perez-variant/

A beautiful George Perez variant for Powers of X #1
    thanks for sharing but that is one variant I wont be getting....eek

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This is beautiful!

I'm guessing you haven't seen "Us" yet. Lupita has flexed her acting chops plenty whether it be starring or small role. Also MCU Nakia and comic Nakia are pretty much 2 different characters, I don't see her going off the rails at this point. You sure you ain't just saying this because of the possibility of Storm showing up in a future Black Panther just so she can steal T'Challa away lol.

Over in the Rogue thread they were talking about her costume and her best color scheme (green and black were the favorite) and it got me thinking on our girl. Should Stormy always be in black in gold or could other color schemes stick?

Speaking of color schemes, I doubt this costume is most people's favorite, but do y'all prefer Jim Lee's design black (what he'd intended) or silver (how it was perceived by later artists?
    Attachment 85282 Attachment 85285

BANNED

There are actual Cosmic Storms that i'm waiting for Storm to show dominion over. If Storm is able to make Lightning in Space with No medium I don't see why she can't make a Cosmic Storm......

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Over in the Rogue thread they were talking about her costume and her best color scheme (green and black were the favorite) and it got me thinking on our girl. Should Stormy always be in black in gold or could other color schemes stick?

Speaking of color schemes, I doubt this costume is most people's favorite, but do y'all prefer Jim Lee's design black (what he'd intended) or silver (how it was perceived by later artists?
    Honestly, Jim Lee was the only one who could do that 90s outfit justice as it only looked right when he did it. I know a lot of Storm fans hate the Alan Davis design, but it's probably in my top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't seen "Us" yet. Lupita has flexed her acting chops plenty whether it be starring or small role. Also MCU Nakia and comic Nakia are pretty much 2 different characters, I don't see her going off the rails at this point. You sure you ain't just saying this because of the possibility of Storm showing up in a future Black Panther just so she can steal T'Challa away lol.
    I dont see her going off the rails but you never know how they could introduce malice. it could be a villain via some sort of mind control the irreversibly alters her mind to where she goes malice.

I'd love an upgraded version of this with the X-Treme color scheme
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I like the silver better. in terms of color for the costume I think she should play around with different ones that are not too bright and distracting. whatever the color i think the costume itself she be functional during battle. maybe something breathable that also allows for durability in the even she is hit by a blast she doesnt have time to deflect.