Page 348 of 662 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I said goddamn! Did she just throw that dagger at his astrally projected head? LMAO she was not playing any games.
    this all happened shortly after she killed callisto to save the xmen life . there was a lot of conflict she was dealing with which ultimately resulted in her going punk. but yes storm ain't afraid to cut a bish when she has to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally, I quite enjoyed the Lobdell run. If for no other reason than he wasn't Claremont whom I felt had become very stale and repititious and boring the closer he got to his departure. Lobdell wasn't as character-driven with his plots which clearly meant less soap opera melodramatics which I very much appreciated.
    So what, if he didn't write his characters as Claremont did...no writer, from Jim Lee to Morrison to Fraction to Rosenberg and now HiX-Man will ever write these characters like Claremont...because...they are NOT Claremont.
    And I learned long ago to let go of my personal expectations and just enjoy the product for what it was/is and not to hold every writer up to the "Claremont Standard". (Personally, eventhough I can admit his run is definitive, his overall writing was plagued with many of the same issues about which we vehemently criticise current writers).

Well, Lodbell wrote that issue when Forge leaves Ororo...

Attachment 86705

"I was going... to say... yes!" ��

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He certainly brought the Claremont melodramatics with that scene...and knocked it out of the park.
    I truly felt for Ororo and while I absolutely hated the way he did it, (he didn't give Storm a chance to speak) Forge's reasoning for recanting his proposal held some truth.

Yeah, it's definitely odd seeing Storm so... vulnerable. But its what makes the scene so strong and heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Well, Lodbell wrote that issue when Forge leaves Ororo...

Attachment 86705

"I was going... to say... yes!" ��
    Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely odd seeing Storm so... vulnerable. But its what makes the scene so strong and heartbreaking
    I absolutely hated forge for how disrespectful and heartless he was towards her. This scene definitely took me back to when he berated her after she loss her powers. Though I was glad they were never married or engaged who I truly blame was Jean. Ole girl instigated into matters that did not concern her. She went to fiege and cast doubt in his mind about marrying her. If ororo knew what Jean did I'm sure she would have got into that ass good. Just tacky af.

but at any rate ororo dodged the bullet. he comes across very abusive to me and we definitely dont have time for that . no what we need is love:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-07-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I absolutely hated forge for how disrespectful and heartless he was towards her. This scene definitely took me back to when he berated her after she loss her powers. Though I was glad they were never married or engaged who I truly blame was Jean. Ole girl instigated into matters that did not concern her. She went to fiege and cast doubt in his mind about marrying her. If ororo knew what Jean did I'm sure she would have got into that ass good. Just tacky af.

but at any rate ororo dodged the bullet. he comes across very abusive to me and we definitely dont have time for that . no what we need is love:

I hope Coates does more with Ororo and T'Challa's relationship now that T'Challa is back on Earth Prime. I can definitely see some potential relationship stuff if Nakia decides to rear her head about T'Challa's feelings for her when he didn't have his memories. I do not see T'Challa admitting his attraction to Nakia, even though he had no clue who he was, much less his relationship with Ororo. Or Coates could let that whole Nakia thing fall to the wayside and not bring it up again. T'Challa did choose Ororo in the end but the return of his memories doesn't erase what he grew to feel for Nakia, IMO. So, that could be an interesting, albeit annoying, storyline if Coates chooses to go that route. But Ororo and T'Challa have been separated, as far as comics goes, for 14 issues. So, for fans of the rejuvenated relationship, it's been over a year since we've been able to enjoy them as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I hope Coates does more with Ororo and T'Challa's relationship now that T'Challa is back on Earth Prime. I can definitely see some potential relationship stuff if Nakia decides to rear her head about T'Challa's feelings for her when he didn't have his memories. I do not see T'Challa admitting his attraction to Nakia, even though he had no clue who he was, much less his relationship with Ororo. Or Coates could let that whole Nakia thing fall to the wayside and not bring it up again. T'Challa did choose Ororo in the end but the return of his memories doesn't erase what he grew to feel for Nakia, IMO. So, that could be an interesting, albeit annoying, storyline if Coates chooses to go that route. But Ororo and T'Challa have been separated, as far as comics goes, for 14 issues. So, for fans of the rejuvenated relationship, it's been over a year since we've been able to enjoy them as a couple.
    as much as I hate to admit it I think that nunakia character is going to present some problems. what I always loved about them being together is that he never put another woman before her but seeing his eagerness to get back to that timeline, which I'm sure is partially due to nakia, has me concerned being a shopper of these two. he just got back and he is ready to hope back on the ship. with all ororo has done for him and his people I just cant endure another story where this ends in heartbreak for her. she seems truly happy and I just hope tchalla can remember that as he figures out his feelings for nakia.

I mean realistically seeking when she gets her memories back it would be nice ro see that she already had a lover so she can stop breaking up the home ororo and tchalla are trying to repair.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

as much as I hate to admit it I think that nunakia character is going to present some problems. what I always loved about them being together is that he never put another woman before her but seeing his eagerness to get back to that timeline, which I'm sure is partially due to nakia, has me concerned being a shopper of these two. he just got back and he is ready to hope back on the ship. with all ororo has done for him and his people I just cant endure another story where this ends in heartbreak for her. she seems truly happy and I just hope tchalla can remember that as he figures out his feelings for nakia.

I mean realistically seeking when she gets her memories back it would be nice ro see that she already had a lover so she can stop breaking up the home ororo and tchalla are trying to repair.

Oh, I agree. Honestly, the bit with Nakia was unnecessary. It's also one of those things that could lead to a "natural" breakup, which wasn't what happened the first time with their marriage. Actually, I don't think Coates did a very good reunion between the two of them in BP #15. When you have T'Challa saying he had once envisioned himself with Nakia in times of peace, there needs to be something more emotional said to Ororo when they see each other for the first time. But no, what Coates gave fans of the couple was a post-sex scene with T'Challa more in his head than present with the woman he'd just had sex with. The line about him going back into outer space may have also been one of those lines to say there may be more outer space stories with T'Challa down the line. I don't think Coates will go that route again for a whole. I think he may have just been leaving the door open for more sci-fi stories. And, he can't forget BPs base. I don't think most of those readers want T'Challa in space more than they want him on Earth Prime dealing with stuff in his reality.

So, I guess time will tell. Coates does seem to be a fan of the couple, and he was the one who wanted to have them together again and he made that happen. I'm hoping he does more with them as a couple and don't go for cheap love triangle drama. I hate that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, I agree. Honestly, the bit with Nakia was unnecessary. It's also one of those things that could lead to a "natural" breakup, which wasn't what happened the first time with their marriage. Actually, I don't think Coates did a very good reunion between the two of them in BP #15. When you have T'Challa saying he had once envisioned himself with Nakia in times of peace, there needs to be something more emotional said to Ororo when they see each other for the first time. But no, what Coates gave fans of the couple was a post-sex scene with T'Challa more in his head than present with the woman he'd just had sex with. The line about him going back into outer space may have also been one of those lines to say there may be more outer space stories with T'Challa down the line. I don't think Coates will go that route again for a whole. I think he may have just been leaving the door open for more sci-fi stories. And, he can't forget BPs base. I don't think most of those readers want T'Challa in space more than they want him on Earth Prime dealing with stuff in his reality.

So, I guess time will tell. Coates does seem to be a fan of the couple, and he was the one who wanted to have them together again and he made that happen. I'm hoping he does more with them as a couple and don't go for cheap love triangle drama. I hate that ****.
    oh I most certainly hope they dont break up. I may have been more worried had I not seen this tweet bu Coates himself:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4uRdZlYkv/?hl=en

he mentioned ororo and tchalla is one of his favorite wakandan couples. so I'm hopeful he wouldnt bring them back together just to have them break up . I couldnt agree with you more to your last point. love triangles are stupid; I would just prefer them to break up than her go thru something so silly again.

BANNED

Forge had a lot of issues and insecurities. He asked Jean to tell him what Storm felt. When Jean refused, he dumped Storm. That had nothing to do with Jean or Storm. It had all to do with Forge’s stupidity. He thought he was leaving Storm to take care of Mystique. Only Mystique was just playing him.

There’s no reason to blame anyone if the women for Forge being a jerk and no reason for two women to fight.

What Jean did was disgusting. What's even more deplorable is that she couldn't even be bothered to console her emotionally traumatized/distraught "best-friend" following the upheaval that she deliberately caused, and has of yet to divulge Ororo of the vagaries pertaining to Forge's rescinded proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    What Jean did was disgusting. What's even more deplorable is that she couldn't even be bothered to console her emotionally traumatized/distraught "best-friend" following the upheaval that she deliberately caused, and has of yet to divulge Ororo of the vagaries pertaining to Forge's rescinded proposal.
    THIS!!! Thank you!! I've felt this way for 20 years and thought I was the only one! I love the friendship between Storm and Jean but what Jean did was terrible. I've never been able to like her since that scene. And I'm sure Ororo has no idea what happened...

Mighty Member

Lobdell is a writer that you love and hate at the same time. He gave us Synch and Monet yet he definitely tried to downplay storm's abilities in favor of Iceman, most definitely and Jean Grey, some what.

BANNED

oh I most certainly hope they dont break up. I may have been more worried had I not seen this tweet bu Coates himself:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4uRdZlYkv/?hl=en

he mentioned ororo and tchalla is one of his favorite wakandan couples. so I'm hopeful he wouldnt bring them back together just to have them break up . I couldnt agree with you more to your last point. love triangles are stupid; I would just prefer them to break up than her go thru something so silly again.
    This post from Coates along with the latest about the goddess in Wakanda leads me to believe he was being shady to everyone that thought he'd waste his time building them up only to crap on them. T'Challa has spent pages on pages fighting for their love. I think Coates is about to have Storm do the same. I don't think I'll be disappointed one bit.