Page 454 of 662 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Dark Phoenix Saga Variant with Storm on it...

Awwww, Sleeping Beauty returns

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Awwww, Sleeping Beauty returns
    no that already happened years ago lolol there will be no return to that monster so long as guggs stays away from her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Let the words of the all goddess inspire you. You may get tired in life but never lose sight of the goal. Keep fighting always whatever it is you are fighting for...

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so after discussing with some very knowledgeable storm friends/fans I'm going to recant my statement about the issue. it was spectacular and it was as such because on one thing alone. We got Ororo being a bonafide energy manipulator and I didnt even realize it. Ororo was containing the massive amounts of energy the two mutant kids were giving off and didnt want leave Cecelia until she was sure their energy would be of no harm to anyone.

It seems ole' Hickman is a true storm fan like Claremontian level fan. Kudos my friend well played!!!
    Where does it say she's containing it? Her energy sight would allow her to see it, but I didn't see a reference to her manipulating it.

I liked Lorna and Ororo interacting as this has been quite rare over the decades. I want more in the future. They and Jean should all go out for a girls night

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Where does it say she's containing it? Her energy sight would allow her to see it, but I didn't see a reference to her manipulating it.
    it was mostly inferred. she tells cecelia they are emitting energy and that she would wantt her to see them before she left. cecelia then tells her thank you for helping. ororo was the only one, at least at that point, able to perceive and contain it. it also goes into the theme of ororo tiring herself out. instead of allowing whatever other resources they had to contain the energy she felt the need to do so herself.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I liked Lorna and Ororo interacting as this has been quite rare over the decades. I want more in the future. They and Jean should all go out for a girls night
    I would love an old school girls night out with all the men and women checking them out that results in alien creatures busting up the festivities. thst would be so cute.

it was mostly inferred. she tells cecelia they are emitting energy and that she would wantt her to see them before she left. cecelia then tells her thank you for helping. ororo was the only one, at least at that point, able to perceive and contain it. it also goes into the theme of ororo tiring herself out. instead of allowing whatever other resources they had to contain the energy she felt the need to do so herself.
    I didn't get that impression either but I'll re-read it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I didn't get that impression either but I'll re-read it.
    yea reread it. I originally didn't get that impression but when another respected storm fan told me this it definitely became more clear.

two things:
    1. ororo is able to perceive they are emitting energy that isnt visibly perceptible and
    2. cecelia thanks her for helping which infers ororo is actively containing or nullifying the energy until cecelia can check them out.

stormmult brought this up in the main discussion page but what did everyone think about the orchis labs utilizing vibranium? ororo didnt seem to bothered by it so I dont think it implicated wakanda in anyway but we know nothing with Hickman is intentional.

I don't see it, if she was actively doing something she wouldn't ask if it was alright if she stayed. She even says she'd simply feel more comfortable staying until they where checked, then in the conversation with Cyclops he encourages her to leave and rest, if she was containing a bomb she would've said so, the whole scene would be a lot different if that was the case.

yea reread it. I originally didn't get that impression but when another respected storm fan told me this it definitely became more clear.

two things:
    1. ororo is able to perceive they are emitting energy that isnt visibly perceptible and
    2. cecelia thanks her for helping which infers ororo is actively containing or nullifying the energy until cecelia can check them out.
    You sure those two kids just weren't emitting gas(in layman's terms, farting) and Storm contained it by bringing up a strong gust of wind to blow the noxious fumes away?

It's been known to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I don't see it, if she was actively doing something she wouldn't ask if it was alright if she stayed. She even says she'd simply feel more comfortable staying until they where checked, then in the conversation with Cyclops he encourages her to leave and rest, if she was containing a bomb she would've said so, the whole scene would be a lot different if that was the case.
    That's how I was seeing it too. If there was an issue they've would have tried to put them into containment and Storm would have said she can contain their powers. The Cyclops would have asked if she was sure.

I was going to post in BP about Vb, but evil groups usually have Vb or adimantium for one reason or another so I wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You sure those two kids just weren't emitting gas(in layman's terms, farting) and Storm contained it by bringing up a strong gust of wind to blow the noxious fumes away?

It's been known to happen.
    lmfao lololol you know what you said reminds me of this:

someone said long ago that it looked like she was passing gas lololol...

and they very well could be farting. by their faces it doesnt appear it smells all that good lol

stormmult brought this up in the main discussion page but what did everyone think about the orchis labs utilizing vibranium? ororo didnt seem to bothered by it so I dont think it implicated wakanda in anyway but we know nothing with Hickman is intentional.
    Could be Savage Land vibranium or a synthesized version of vibranium.

However if it is Vb from Wakanda, well, X-writers up to their usual isht again.