Page 471 of 662 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Do you feel Storm would be able to flex more if she wasn't on a team with two other elementals?
    No, bc its not like there's that much overlap. Storm doesnt control fire so Pyro doesnt take away from her. Bobby really shouldnt either he can do far more with the cryogenesis than Storm can with snow storms (which she can still do, since Bobby tends to not do that with his powers). There's also the control of wind and water manipulation (especially out on sea), which provide ample oppurtunity for her to flex her abilities

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes. It says it right there in the scan
    Thank you. I wasn't viewing the scan when I posed the question but I did recall seeing it a few pages back. I wasn't, however, sure if that's what you were referring to.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No, bc its not like there's that much overlap. Storm doesnt control fire so Pyro doesnt take away from her. Bobby really shouldnt either he can do far more with the cryogenesis than Storm can with snow storms (which she can still do, since Bobby tends to not do that with his powers). There's also the control of wind and water manipulation (especially out on sea), which provide ample oppurtunity for her to flex her abilities
    I think an argument could be made that she should and could control fire. fire is essentially just really hot gases.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think an argument could be made that she should and could control fire. fire is essentially just really hot gases.
    Maybe indirectly via wind manipulation but I dont think she's a pyrokinetic and can do anything that Pyro can do natively.

Maybe indirectly via wind manipulation but I dont think she's a pyrokinetic and can do anything that Pyro can do natively.
    I'm sure that there was a period where people would have made the same argument around her being a hydrokinetic and now look at all shes done. I will agree I dont see her or think at this point she can directly control fire; however, if you look the composition of fire it primarily is hot gases which she should be able to control.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I love she's on the team with other elementals. I want them to all show each other things and use their powers in union. Iceman in particular should be beyond powerhouse levels when Storm can assist him with moisture and cold.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I love she's on the team with other elementals. I want them to all show each other things and use their powers in union. Iceman in particular should be beyond powerhouse levels when Storm can assist him with moisture and cold.
    see that's the thing. if iceman is really being utilized correctly and to his full potential he in theory shouldn't need any assistance from ororo. this guy was able to freeze all of hell and lets not forget how he easily he was able to dispose of juggs without having to sweat. I just think there has to be careful consideration when putting characters with overlapping abilities together.

BANNED

I think Storm and Bobby are both kind of wasted on the kinds of missions we saw today. I want it to mean something when they bring out the omegas.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 10-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IA. Storm can provide water to amplify Bobby's powers and Pyro can melt his ice to help amplify Storm's abilities. I want to see something like this for a triple combo attack where they loop back and forth

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...Marauders was...WONDERFUL!!!
    Although I don't fully understand why Storm doesn't want to deal with Emma...I thought they were beyond the rancour but, apparently not...enh! Drama!!!
    and...
    I wish Matteo had drawn her hair consistent with Yu's X-Men length.
    *it looks like I'll be adding another name to my ignore list*
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...Marauders was...WONDERFUL!!!
    Although I don't fully understand why Storm doesn't want to deal with Emma...I thought they were beyond the rancour but, apparently not...enh! Drama!!!
    and...

I wish Matteo had drawn her hair consistent with Yu's X-Men length.
    *it looks like I'll be adding another name to my ignore list*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know thsts a very good question. I've always felt it would be hard for ororos abilities to shine with a character like iceman there. the interesting thing here is that we got a nice display of her powers today which was nice. it's kind of one of the reasons I didn't like red. I felt the writer played down a lot of ororos abilities to prop up jean.
    I totally understand that. I kinda got those vibes from Red as well. That's crazy because there wasn't much potential for overlap like there is here in Marauders. As a whole I enjoyed Red for what it was. Marauders didn't disappoint me at all. Storm was able to shine in her own way while Bobby and Pyro got to be awesome. If Duggan can keep this up then I'll be a happy customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Of course! I’m sure Duggan will give us feats, though, so I’m not too concerned about that. I want charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. I want Storm to be the authority in the room not just the big gun.
    I ultimately agree with you and jwatson. There's always room for improvement, but I enjoyed the first issue. Duggan needs to come with it. The little beats that he hit with our girl were nice. I love that Storm is a dedicated woman that overworks herself for the ones she loves. It also makes me sad for her too. There's a lot to work with here tho. I like to think that Storm is asserting herself by choosing how she interacts with Emma. She already holds a place of rank that Emma cannot contend with, so I'm not really concerned with the positions they hold on this team. I'm all for her flexing her authority tho.
    The beautiful thing about this first issue is how they all flex in their own ways. It was awesome. I agree to disagree on issues of overlap with Pyro. She control solar wind. Fire shouldn't be beyond her scope. All in all I think this series crazy potential. I need to see Emma and Ororo on a page to get a better understanding of why she feels the way she does about Emma. I really hope Duggan has really taken into account all the times Storm has let her guard down around Emma, only to have it bite her in the ass.

Let's see reasons for Ororo not to want to f@ck with Emma:

1. Tortured her and the other xmen leading up to dp saga.
    2. Took over her body, smoked a cigarette, kissed shaw and potential defiled her body in other ways not shown on panel
    3. Tried to mindwipe her to make ororo love Emma, where ororo slammed that bish to the wall with hurricane force winds
    4. Trolled her after her marriage was annulled.
    5. lied to her during avx to go to war with inhumans
    6. lied to her in helping her become the black queen of hellfire club.

ain't no way after all of that ororo would want to deal with that snake.

BANNED

LOL at the Emma shade! I love me some Frosty, and I don’t like the idea that Storm would refuse to deal with her. I’m happy for Storm to have her stank face on while she does it, but mama is High Priestess of Krakoa and the X-Men’s OG diplomat. Sure, leaving Kitty with the headache of running the operations of a giant ship is totally legit, but the headache of cooperating with Emma shouldn’t be left to the little kitten.