Page 447 of 662 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    damn lololol poor rogue.

that's sweet though rogue would go in like that for ororo. and I will I'm still trying to get through all of uncanny :/
    I keep telling Rogue Fans that Storm and Rogue are good friends. Don't understand why they don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I keep telling Rogue Fans that Storm and Rogue are good friends. Don't understand why they don't think they are.
    Doesn't seem like they have the same relationship in comics as they did in animated series.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea I would definitely say they are good friends especially if you read Woods run of xmen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-15-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Doesn't seem like they have the same relationship in comics as they did in animated series.

I'm pretty sure this puts to rest anyone who would say they dont have the same relationship. rogue really cares about her as ororo does her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They might still be mad about the times that Storm checked her ass. Like back in the Aussie days in particular, in that girls night out issue. Really, the animated series highlighted Storm and Rogue as friends moreso than the comics, but X-Treme X-Men under Claremont would be a good example of them operating as friends more, but even there it is made clear that Ororo is closest with Jean.

In the grand scheme of things I think Ororo is closer to Jean, and Betsy, than Rogue, as Rogue was her adversary to begin with(I love that first Pentagon fight), she was friends with Carol and mostly took her side in things, and then became a project/her responsibility when Xavier demanded she be on the team. Also, she's a bit younger than Ororo, whereas Jean and Betsy are more the same age. I think Ororo was very gracious with Rogue at times, like when she freely gave her her powers in that JRJR issue just before she gets shot by Forge's depowering gun(and she took the shot for Rogue, mind you!), even in those early years, but the fact that there was some animosity for almost all of Claremont's run, and the fact they were on separate teams in the early 90's and Rogue's story became more focused on Gambit, it may be fair to say they aren't the closest of friends.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    They might still be mad about the times that Storm checked her ass. Like back in the Aussie days in particular, in that girls night out issue. Really, the animated series highlighted Storm and Rogue as friends moreso than the comics, but X-Treme X-Men under Claremont would be a good example of them operating as friends more, but even there it is made clear that Ororo is closest with Jean.

In the grand scheme of things I think Ororo is closer to Jean, and Betsy, than Rogue, as Rogue was her adversary to begin with(I love that first Pentagon fight), she was friends with Carol and mostly took her side in things, and then became a project/her responsibility when Xavier demanded she be on the team. Also, she's a bit younger than Ororo, whereas Jean and Betsy are more the same age. I think Ororo was very gracious with Rogue at times, like when she freely gave her her powers in that JRJR issue just before she gets shot by Forge's depowering gun(and she took the shot for Rogue, mind you!), even in those early years, but the fact that there was some animosity for almost all of Claremont's run, and the fact they were on separate teams in the early 90's and Rogue's story became more focused on Gambit, it may be fair to say they aren't the closest of friends.
    yea I can agree with all of this. I felt like wood tried to show them as friends as well. I do agree her friendship would Jean and psylocke or captain Britain now was much deeper.

BANNED

Yes, Storm is more close with Jean than any other Female X-Man. That I can agree with. But Storm does have close relationships with the other females as well. Not just Jean.

I honestly would say they are close friends not as super close as Jean, but close enough... But I get what you mean
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Yes, Storm is more close with Jean than any other Female X-Man. That I can agree with. But Storm does have close relationships with the other females as well. Not just Jean.

I disagree with you on the Bold. I'd say in fact Rogue and Storm may not be as close as Jean. But they are close Friends, Good Friends to be exact. Many times have both ladies saved each other, true they did start off extremely rough. But over time there are instances where both Females would go to war for each other no matter what. The instance you brought up of Storm letting Rogue experience her powers was Storm showing a softer side towards Rogue. When you look back at the ALL Female X-Men team Rogue was right there with her. I'd say it's unfair to say they are not close friends given the history they had learning and working and fighting with each says other wise.
    I missed the bolded. what moments do rogue and storm share that demsontrate they are close? I would say that xtreme one is definitely an example. I don't imagine rogue would respond like that if she wasnt close to her but outside of that one what other examples are there?

BANNED

I missed the bolded. what moments do rogue and storm share that demsontrate they are close? I would say that xtreme one is definitely an example. I don't imagine rogue would respond like that if she wasnt close to her but outside of that one what other examples are there?
    Rogue and Storm:
    -Rogue crying for the Death of Storm(The one you posted)
    -Rogue and Storm having a hear to heart conversation on a beach(That's the example of Storm giving her powers to Rogue)
    -Rogue Sacrificing herself for Colossus. Uncanny X-Men #179 Storm says: "Goddess the poor child. Whatever her past, this has earned her place with us.
    -Rogue protecting Storm for not having powers and blaming herself for Storm losing her powers.

THere are more, i'll have to look.

Rogue and Storm:
    -Rogue crying for the Death of Storm(The one you posted)
    -Rogue and Storm having a hear to heart conversation on a beach(That's the example of Storm giving her powers to Rogue)
    -Rogue Sacrificing herself for Colossus. Uncanny X-Men #179 Storm says: "Goddess the poor child. Whatever her past, this has earned her place with us.
    -Rogue protecting Storm for not having powers and blaming herself for Storm losing her powers.

THere are more, i'll have to look.
    ok thanks you forgot some of the interaction in uncanny on their girls night out when rogue and the other ladies did her makeup lol. but I guess that addresses your point there are others lol.

https://youtu.be/75KUgB_1LjE

Preview video of X-Men #1 includes new scans with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

oooh thanks love

I so hope we get more than lightning lass tomorrow.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-15-2019 at 12:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

Cool. Thank you. I read the spoilers and man. *SIGH*........

ok thanks you forgot some of the interaction in uncanny on their girls night out when rogue and the other ladies did her makeup lol. but I guess that addresses your point there are others lol.
    My point is. Rogue and Storm are Good Friends, NOT BEST Friends. But Good Friends nonetheless. They respect Each other love each other care for each other. That's what Friends are for.

Cool. Thank you. I read the spoilers and man. *SIGH*........

My point is. Rogue and Storm are Good Friends, NOT BEST Friends. But Good Friends nonetheless. They respect Each other love each other care for each other. That's what Friends are for.
    agreed. you have friends that arent your best friends. I think yoga was just distinguishing between rogue and the other ladies. I think you both are correct. they are friends just not as close as Jean and psylocke.

BANNED

agreed. you have friends that arent your best friends. I think yoga was just distinguishing between rogue and the other ladies. I think you both are correct. they are friends just not as close as Jean and psylocke.
    OH, ok....