Page 367 of 475 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7115
  1. #5491
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's mutant name she chose for herself. In Hickman's story mutants have their human and mutant name. Scott answered "Cyclops" first before saying "Scott Summers".
    It makes little sense... I get that Mr. Sinister provided the DNA for Krakoa to create pod mutants -- but, how the hell is Krakoa recreating their memories as well?

  2. #5492
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    It makes little sense... I get that Mr. Sinister provided the DNA for Krakoa to create pod mutants -- but, how the hell is Krakoa recreating their memories as well?
    Xavier is doing that using Cerebro.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  3. #5493
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Xavier is doing that using Cerebro.
    Did he give Cyclops his brain damage?

  4. #5494
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Did he give Cyclops his brain damage?
    He needs to keep it real so yes. They are the best versions of themselves.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  5. #5495
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    648

    Default

    QUOTE=juan678;4577782][/QUOTE]

    These covers are nice especially the solo cover.. This is the Storm I know and love.. Also Bishop is double caked up.

  6. #5496
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    YES!!!! I LOVE THESE COVERS.

    Wreak Havoc on the OPEN SEAS STORM!!! show em who's boss...
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  7. #5497
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Storm looks amazing. Also purple is an interesting color for her powers

  8. #5498
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Storm looks amazing. Also purple is an interesting color for her powers
    Yeah, that's an interesting touch. I like that. This art reminds me of Jane Foster Thor Run. Or is it the same guy who did Lady Thor???
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  9. #5499
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Xavier is doing that using Cerebro.
    Has that been shown to be the factual case?

  10. #5500
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Has that been shown to be the factual case?
    Yes in House of X #5
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  11. #5501
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Has that been shown to be the factual case?
    He has been weekly storing and updating the consciousness of every mutant Cerebro can track.

  12. #5502
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm not really a fan of the BP/Storm marriage, but to this day I find AvX: Versus #5 to be one of the absolute most disgusting comics Marvel has ever published.

    It was basically domestic violence played out like a prize fight. That was ####ed up.
    while we disagree on them being together, that ish was total garbage for the reason you just laid out.

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Jalysia everything you said is plausible and it falls in line with my personal interpretation quite nicely. The fact that they are two different people and their priorities are bound to be different, it makes sense that they'd come down on different sides of this issue.

    What I find a little confusing is the idea that they'll be at odds BECAUSE he doesn't support mutants. How does that hold up to scrutiny? He's literally poured billions of his own money into mutant affairs. He harbors mutants within the borders of his country. Storm, Manifold, Gentle, and Shuri's new friend Muti fly right in the face of that.

    There will be drama, but it won't be because he doesn't accept mutants or because he harbors anti-mutant sentiment. Ideologically it will be because mutants have a nation that's literally without borders. You plant a seedling and you have a Krakoa gateway. Why would he allow one within the borders of Wakanda when its clear any mutant can come through the gate? And no humans are allowed.

    The only mutant that we know he truly can't stand is Namor. But as someone mentioned in another thread, he was in full support of Jean's initiative in X-men: Red. Since that time what has changed? The mutants are harboring criminals and they're dealing out their own criminal justice. A mutant could potentially commit a crime (Sabertooth) and then other mutant s could swoop in to demand that they handle his detainment. He has a better relationship with Reed and Sue than anyone in the X-books save for Storm. You think he hasn't heard about the incident involving Cyclops and the mention of Reed's first born? I kinda understand why people chose to interpret the cultist vibe, but I disagree. Not because it's totally out of the realm of possibility, but because I want to believe Storm is operating with her own sense of agency. The ones who picked up on the cult vibes have legitimate claims. I want to believe Storm is better than that tho. That's just me.

    Here is where things get really interesting. While I want to believe that she has her own sense of agency, her exchange with BP under Priest calls this new status quo into question. Storm makes a point of telling T'Challa that he's in danger of becoming just like Magneto. It's a condemnation of the type of man she see him becoming. She isn't pleased. Fast forward to House of X #5 and now Storm is following closely in Magneto's footsteps. How does this gel with the woman that has always been all inclusive of the human experience as whole? (I mean besides not finding her OWN paternal bloodline.)

    Bottom line for me, idea of simply accepting the mutant nation of Krakoa isn't really so simple. It requires that Wakanda operates under a whole new set of principles. Wakanda has been successful all this time for rejecting the imperialism of modern society. Wakanda Janet forced themselves on anyone. Why would he turn around and let the mutants of Krakoa (including Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Emma Frost, Mystique and Sabertooth) turn around and dictate terms when it's clear that Wakanda doesn't need any of their goods?

    Why would T'Challa take any chances? Especially when Storm remains the token voice of minorities leadership in a space that is built on an overwhelming white mutant majority? I hope the answer isn't just because Storm says so. How did that work out when Bast judged her and said that she didn't think Storm gave herself fully to T'Challa and Wakanda? Storm checked her, and rightfully so.
    agreed! it wouldn't make any sense for tchalla to put his citizens at risk simply because ororo has made her allegiance with krakoa. and frankly even though they have experienced death, pain, and suffering I dont imagine she would ever stop fighting for mutant/humans alike who needed her help. I think there are some other things at play here but I'm willing to not overreact and see how it plays out.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This new status quo with the X-Men, as well as the NuNakia in BP will be as big or as small on Ororo and T'Challa's relationship based on how Marvel has decided to move forward with their relationship in the comics. No amount of in-comic logic or even fan preference matters if they want them as a full-fledged couple, friends, or enemies. Personally, I hate the lover to enemy trope. I also hate that comic book readers and writers think it cool to pit them physically against each other. Turning two loving people into combatants is a trope, when layered with race (yes, the image of a black/African man and woman, in a media with next to no loving/romantic depictions of that kind of couple does matter), is something I cannot get onboard with.


    yes yes yes to all of this!!! exactly my sentiments!

    QUOTE=Shreene;4577595]Okay... And, why wouldn't Ororo not want Kenya protected? Didn't Ororo help protect Wakanda recently?[/QUOTE]

    I think you missing my point. Of course Ororo would want Kenya protected; however, the fact that Ororo has pledged her allegiance to Krakoa and Tchalla has sided against Krakoa that presents potential conflict between these two. The primary difference between what Ororo has done recently is that Tchalla asked for her helped and she agreed. They are not the same thing:



    I understand tchallas position here and agree he shouldnt cave in to krakoa demands. however, I dont want their differences to result in another breakup.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #5503
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    After reading the Solicitations for Marvel in December.

    T'Challa has too much on his plate to worry about the Nation of Krakoa. So, I think we can relax, because it's just speculation right now. Also, Wakanda's Government changed so I don't think it was T'Challa decision to reject Krakoa.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  14. #5504
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Yupp...I really don't like Dauterman's art. Thank the Goddess, the interior is by a different artist.

  15. #5505
    Spectacular Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I have no idea why I'm unable to see the pic you posted. It sounds great from all of the positive comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •