Page 368 of 459 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 6875
  1. #5506
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    omg I'm in love these are freaking amazing. I love how she appears to be in full bliss in the middle of the storm she is creating as she is causing havoc to the ships spectacular!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Finally some good f*cking art
    right it looks do divine!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ororo looks beautiful on her solo cover. Finally a good one!
    yes that one is my fave though both lol good. and bishop been going in on a$$ day lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    After reading the Solicitations for Marvel in December.

    T'Challa has too much on his plate to worry about the Nation of Krakoa. So, I think we can relax, because it's just speculation right now. Also, Wakanda's Government changed so I don't think it was T'Challa decision to reject Krakoa.
    where are the other solicits I couldnt find them. and you make a great point about tchalla not making the decision. I forgot that minor detail.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I have no idea why I'm unable to see the pic you posted. It sounds great from all of the positive comments.
    they are glorious honey... are you looking from cell or desktop? you may have better luck from desktop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5507
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    After reading the Solicitations for Marvel in December.

    T'Challa has too much on his plate to worry about the Nation of Krakoa. So, I think we can relax, because it's just speculation right now. Also, Wakanda's Government changed so I don't think it was T'Challa decision to reject Krakoa.
    Black Panther book is set back during Secret Empire, by anyones best guess.

    It is a long way away from current Marvel time, as of now.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #5508
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther book is set back during Secret Empire, by anyones best guess.

    It is a long way away from current Marvel time, as of now.
    Huh? Explain

  4. #5509
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther book is set back during Secret Empire, by anyones best guess.

    It is a long way away from current Marvel time, as of now.
    yea how do you figure that?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #5510
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Jalysia everything you said is plausible and it falls in line with my personal interpretation quite nicely. The fact that they are two different people and their priorities are bound to be different, it makes sense that they'd come down on different sides of this issue.

    What I find a little confusing is the idea that they'll be at odds BECAUSE he doesn't support mutants. How does that hold up to scrutiny? He's literally poured billions of his own money into mutant affairs. He harbors mutants within the borders of his country. Storm, Manifold, Gentle, and Shuri's new friend Muti fly right in the face of that.

    There will be drama, but it won't be because he doesn't accept mutants or because he harbors anti-mutant sentiment. Ideologically it will be because mutants have a nation that's literally without borders. You plant a seedling and you have a Krakoa gateway. Why would he allow one within the borders of Wakanda when its clear any mutant can come through the gate? And no humans are allowed.

    The only mutant that we know he truly can't stand is Namor. But as someone mentioned in another thread, he was in full support of Jean's initiative in X-men: Red. Since that time what has changed? The mutants are harboring criminals and they're dealing out their own criminal justice. A mutant could potentially commit a crime (Sabertooth) and then other mutant s could swoop in to demand that they handle his detainment. He has a better relationship with Reed and Sue than anyone in the X-books save for Storm. You think he hasn't heard about the incident involving Cyclops and the mention of Reed's first born? I kinda understand why people chose to interpret the cultist vibe, but I disagree. Not because it's totally out of the realm of possibility, but because I want to believe Storm is operating with her own sense of agency. The ones who picked up on the cult vibes have legitimate claims. I want to believe Storm is better than that tho. That's just me.

    Here is where things get really interesting. While I want to believe that she has her own sense of agency, her exchange with BP under Priest calls this new status quo into question. Storm makes a point of telling T'Challa that he's in danger of becoming just like Magneto. It's a condemnation of the type of man she see him becoming. She isn't pleased. Fast forward to House of X #5 and now Storm is following closely in Magneto's footsteps. How does this gel with the woman that has always been all inclusive of the human experience as whole? (I mean besides not finding her OWN paternal bloodline.)

    Bottom line for me, idea of simply accepting the mutant nation of Krakoa isn't really so simple. It requires that Wakanda operates under a whole new set of principles. Wakanda has been successful all this time for rejecting the imperialism of modern society. Wakanda Janet forced themselves on anyone. Why would he turn around and let the mutants of Krakoa (including Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Emma Frost, Mystique and Sabertooth) turn around and dictate terms when it's clear that Wakanda doesn't need any of their goods?

    Why would T'Challa take any chances? Especially when Storm remains the token voice of minorities leadership in a space that is built on an overwhelming white mutant majority? I hope the answer isn't just because Storm says so. How did that work out when Bast judged her and said that she didn't think Storm gave herself fully to T'Challa and Wakanda? Storm checked her, and rightfully so.



    To reiterate. If a reader takes in the current narrative, along with past continuity, you can say "Well, I'm not surprise Ororo(or any other mutant) would take the position she(they) did." Mutants getting murked for breathing gets tired after a while---so chances are the whole inclusive stance will go away at some point. People do switch ideologies, especially in relation to their environment/history/current situation. Does it always make good writing? No. But it could happen. It might be the same for Ororo.
    But that's completely disregarding the possibility that Ororo (and other X-Men) are mind controlled/or actually clones. And the real deals are stashed away somewhere.

    Also, Storm being a Wakanda's Goddess, will be a huge minefield to navigate through, if you are writing BP or X-Men, and will delve into the Krakoa/Wakanda relations. Hickman might not bother with it (maybe later), and Coates has his own thing going. Granted, we won't know for certain until next year or the years afterward.


    @The covers. They look nice, and Storm looks quite lovely there. Also, I believe that might be Vulcan crawling out of that egg.

  6. #5511
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    As someone who has locs, I'm quite please to see Bishop rocking his.

  7. #5512
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    After reading the Solicitations for Marvel in December.

    T'Challa has too much on his plate to worry about the Nation of Krakoa. So, I think we can relax, because it's just speculation right now. Also, Wakanda's Government changed so I don't think it was T'Challa decision to reject Krakoa.
    While I agree it may not have been his decision, he and Storm may suffer the the repercussions of their peoples being at odds with one another. It'll be interesting to see if the writers decided to explore those consequences or simply gloss over them.

  8. #5513
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As someone who has locs, I'm quite please to see Bishop rocking his.
    But is it a wig bc men dont grow hair that fast. He reminds me of the witchcraft I be seeing on IG

  9. #5514
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post



    where are the other solicits I couldnt find them. and you make a great point about tchalla not making the decision. I forgot that minor detail.
    I forgot about that detail as well. That's why I now believe it wasn't his idea. It was his Governments Idea not T'Challa's

    The December Solicitations is on CBR's Main Page.
    Here:
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...december-2019/

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther book is set back during Secret Empire, by anyones best guess.

    It is a long way away from current Marvel time, as of now.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea how do you figure that?
    I agree with Kyss. How do you Figure that?? Where is it stated???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    While I agree it may not have been his decision, he and Storm may suffer the the repercussions of their peoples being at odds with one another. It'll be interesting to see if the writers decided to explore those consequences or simply gloss over them.
    It's Possible....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-19-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  10. #5515
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    While I agree it may not have been his decision, he and Storm may suffer the the repercussions of their peoples being at odds with one another. It'll be interesting to see if the writers decided to explore those consequences or simply gloss over them.
    Thats probably the simplest truth of the matter. Just like A Vs. X when it comes to the mutant cause Storm is going to answer the call. Tchalla and Storm will both choose their own people. Tchalla didn't choose wakanda the first time around, before he even knew what was happening exactly he chose to not follow his wife. That is also the truth. So at the end of the day it just depends on if the story puts the conflict at the forefront.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #5516
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats probably the simplest truth of the matter. Just like A Vs. X when it comes to the mutant cause Storm is going to answer the call. Tchalla and Storm will both choose their own people. Tchalla didn't choose wakanda the first time around, before he even knew what was happening exactly he chose to not follow his wife. That is also the truth. So at the end of the day it just depends on if the story puts the conflict at the forefront.
    I feel like Since HoX and PoX is ending soon and Marauders is coming out in 2weeks. And T'Challa is getting ready for his own war. And is still fighting Symbiote Killmonger whatever.
    And NONE of the November and December Solicitation mentions anything of Krakoa trying to go to war with Humanity. Or having any issues with any other Hero or team outside of Krakoa.

    I would say it's safe to say that Storm or T'Challa may not even have a conflict at all......

    I can easily see this conflict gets glossed over. Also, I don't see the Nation of Krakao going to war with ALL of Humanity anytime soon.....considering we have ANOTHER Marvel Event coming that the X-Men is joined with the rest of the MU Heroes.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-19-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  12. #5517
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I feel like HoX is ending soon and Marauders is coming out in 2weeks. And T'Challa is fighting that whatever they guy is.

    I can easily seeing this confilict getting glossed over. OR Wakanda is left alone to completely. I don't see the Nation of Krakao going to war with ALL of Humanity anytime soon.....considering we have ANOTHER Marvel Event coming that the X-Men is joined with the rest of the MU Heroes.
    I don't think it has anything to do with war. So i'm not sure where you got that. It could be something as simple as Nehnzo wanting to go to Krakoa and being told Wakanda first or any other Wakanda mutant who may want to leave. It could be him asking her for a tour of it and her saying not yet. At this point it can be any little thing because as far as we know there is no alliance or treaty in place. It's all what if but more likely than not. Also think about how many of the new books are getting pushed out, they launch in october and by december we have 4 issues of 6 different books for a total of 24 issues or two years real time with a regular schedule of world building so now the rest of the marvel u has quite a bit of info for writers to start the new year with krakoa in mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #5518
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with war. So i'm not sure where you got that. It could be something as simple as Nehnzo wanting to go to Krakoa and being told Wakanda first or any other Wakanda mutant who may want to leave. It could be him asking her for a tour of it and her saying not yet. At this point it can be any little thing because as far as we know there is no alliance or treaty in place. It's all what if but more likely than not. Also think about how many of the new books are getting pushed out, they launch in october and by december we have 4 issues of 6 different books for a total of 24 issues or two years real time with a regular schedule of world building so now the rest of the marvel u has quite a bit of info for writers to start the new year with krakoa in mind.
    I mentioned War because that's what everyone feels like that's what it's leading too or potentially happen..The X-Men(Krakoa) vs The World. I edited my post look again. I'm aware of the new books. Which is why I don't think a conflict of Storm and T'Challa choosing whom they will defend and picking sides might not even happen at all considering the November and December Solicits. I really think this issue is most likely blown out of proportion and where just assuming this will happen. When personally I don't think so(not anymore at least) There's too much going on in the MU that Krakoa is also included in.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-19-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  14. #5519
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But is it a wig bc men dont grow hair that fast. He reminds me of the witchcraft I be seeing on IG
    Actually our hair can grow pretty quickly depending on our genetic makeup and texture. Tighter curls only appear to grow slowly because they twist and curl on themselves, whereas straight hair seems to grow out much faster. And not taking into account damage and breakage.
    From when I first started If I didn't trim three-four inches off my locks every year, I would be snatching Rapunzel's wig all now.

  15. #5520
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mentioned War because that's what everyone feels like that's what it's leading too or potentially happen..The X-Men(Krakoa) vs The World. I edited my post look again. I'm aware of the new books. Which is why I don't think a conflict of Storm and T'Challa choosing whom they will defend and picking sides might not even happen at all considering the November and December Solicits. I really think this issue is most likely blown out of proportion and where just assuming this will happen. When personally I don't think so(not anymore at least) There's too much going on in the MU that Krakoa is also included in.
    I don't think a war is going to happen anytime soon. We may get something brief in HOX but the mutants will do something that will deter future attempts for a while so i don't think that will be a problem. I can see it being something much more nuanced though. For instance mutant outreach. For instance her role in Karakoa, either way you look at it unless it's addressed it's still an elephant in the room. I mean it could be no big deal at all but the conversation should be had othewise all of Storm fans are getting is the same thing we've been getting. A lack of consistency between the MU and the X-men and i don't see that happening. I don't think on it's own it's enough to split them up or ruin them but it will definitely plant seeds depending on the direction each nation goes. How does wakanda respond if Storm peacefully speaks with Kenya and they decide to accept mutant protection and the drugs. That effect Wakanda. Political things like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •