Page 370 of 437 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 6549
  1. #5536
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    While I agree it may not have been his decision, he and Storm may suffer the the repercussions of their peoples being at odds with one another. It'll be interesting to see if the writers decided to explore those consequences or simply gloss over them.
    I hope it's the latter or if it's not glossed over I hope they work through this bump in the road.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I forgot about that detail as well. That's why I now believe it wasn't his idea. It was his Governments Idea not T'Challa's

    The December Solicitations is on CBR's Main Page.
    Here:
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...december-2019/





    I agree with Kyss. How do you Figure that?? Where is it stated???


    It's Possible....
    thanks boo. I think you make an excellent point. hadari yao forever.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I feel like Since HoX and PoX is ending soon and Marauders is coming out in 2weeks. And T'Challa is getting ready for his own war. And is still fighting Symbiote Killmonger whatever.
    And NONE of the November and December Solicitation mentions anything of Krakoa trying to go to war with Humanity. Or having any issues with any other Hero or team outside of Krakoa.

    I would say it's safe to say that Storm or T'Challa may not even have a conflict at all......

    I can easily see this conflict gets glossed over. Also, I don't see the Nation of Krakao going to war with ALL of Humanity anytime soon.....considering we have ANOTHER Marvel Event coming that the X-Men is joined with the rest of the MU Heroes.
    yes to all of this!! their love can endure through any storm.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's not about the force imo it's about the optics. I know what Storm thinks of Wakanda and Tchalla people. For this to work for me i need to know what Tchalla thinks of Storm and her nation so i can get an idea of it. Because otherwise it's hard for me to connect with them because again, for me, the elephant is too big to be ignored. Even if it's an "okay cool, good luck, i won't stand in your way." I don't want to read two different Storms at the same time so she can fit two different narratives, thats the one bonus of where X-men was as oppose to where it is.
    well tchalla is in love with a mutant, took into wakanda nehzno, and is close to manifold. however to allow krakoa and all evil mutants there access to their nation wouldn't be smart at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Storm is everything on those covers. I'm obsessed. The purple is interesting, could it represent some development in her powers or is it just an artistic choice. Either way I think having Storm's lightning be purple would be amazing.

    Also the solicitations make mention of 2 Hellfire Queens, besides Emma do we know who the other is? Is it Storm?
    I love the purple hue as well and it would be awesome if it was linked to goddess Storm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Now that you mention it, Stormís powers did give off a purple hue most recently when she went Goddess-mode over in BP... lol however much I doubt thatís the actual reason. Still fun to think about at least.


    great observation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5537
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope it's the latter or if it's not glossed over I hope they work through this bump in the road.



    thanks boo. I think you make an excellent point. hadari yao forever.



    yes to all of this!! their love can endure through any storm.



    well tchalla is in love with a mutant, took into wakanda nehzno, and is close to manifold. however to allow krakoa and all evil mutants there access to their nation wouldn't be smart at all.



    I love the purple hue as well and it would be awesome if it was linked to goddess Storm.





    great observation.
    Recognizing a sovereign state doesn't change immigration laws though. So that doesn't mean people can just walk into wakanda. But it does bring up an interesting point. If you join karoka do you relinquish your previous citizen statusG
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  3. #5538
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Recognizing a sovereign state doesn't change immigration laws though. So that doesn't mean people can just walk into wakanda. But it does bring up an interesting point. If you join karoka do you relinquish your previous citizen statusG
    I think you would unless krakoa has worked something out with the mutants home nation. also I thought with recognizing krakoa would come a few things: access to their drugs but also the gateway plant would have to be planted in respective nation as well. that would give any mutants access to krakoa , villain or hero. tchalla or the wakandan government couldnt risk that
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #5539
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think you would unless krakoa has worked something out with the mutants home nation. also I thought with recognizing krakoa would come a few things: access to their drugs but also the gateway plant would have to be planted in respective nation as well. that would give any mutants access to krakoa , villain or hero. tchalla or the wakandan government couldnt risk that
    I don't think thats the case. At the U.N they seemed to simply be trying to get recognition. The trading happens like any other country by travelling to their trade ports.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #5540
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think thats the case. At the U.N they seemed to simply be trying to get recognition. The trading happens like any other country by travelling to their trade ports.
    so why was there emphasis on wakanda not needing their drugs? I thought in exchange for the drugs they would be able to put a plant within their nation? but if you are right then yes that would be a lot different . maybe we will get a better understanding of why? tchalla did recognize or was willing to recognize Jean's pet project nation so there must be a reason why he wouldnt in the case of krakoa.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #5541
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so why was there emphasis on wakanda not needing their drugs? I thought in exchange for the drugs they would be able to put a plant within their nation? but if you are right then yes that would be a lot different . maybe we will get a better understanding of why? tchalla did recognize or was willing to recognize Jean's pet project nation so there must be a reason why he wouldnt in the case of krakoa.
    IT could be as simple as jean brought him in from the beginning and also jean mentally shared her vision with him so she was an open book. We aren't sure if he even knows exactly what Xavier is doing. Also Jean brought him to their underwater base, we don't know if he has seen karoka. Thats why for me i need it addressed one way or the other or it's a huge elephant in the room. Also from what i've read it sounded like recognition only because based on Marauders they aren't delivering the drugs through portals but rather by traditional means. But you could be right because in the mauraduers preview their was an obvious portal but they didn't use it so perhaps negotiations are different with that particular country. We definitely need more info. I just don't see Xavier saying we can enter your land whenever we want but you can't enter karoka. That doesn't make sense to me. I think the emphasis on the drugs as to show Wakanda has just as much pride as the mutants are discovering.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #5542
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IT could be as simple as jean brought him in from the beginning and also jean mentally shared her vision with him so she was an open book. We aren't sure if he even knows exactly what Xavier is doing. Also Jean brought him to their underwater base, we don't know if he has seen karoka. Thats why for me i need it addressed one way or the other or it's a huge elephant in the room. Also from what i've read it sounded like recognition only because based on Marauders they aren't delivering the drugs through portals but rather by traditional means. But you could be right because in the mauraduers preview their was an obvious portal but they didn't use it so perhaps negotiations are different with that particular country. We definitely need more info. I just don't see Xavier saying we can enter your land whenever we want but you can't enter karoka. That doesn't make sense to me. I think the emphasis on the drugs as to show Wakanda has just as much pride as the mutants are discovering.
    yea those could be possible reasons why he was open to Jean-nation but outside a vision and a base underwater what did she tangibly have to offer? a vision means nothing without proper execution. Xavier has an island and was willing to give them access to life saving drugs . now there could be some other reasons for him not doing this with the primary reason being he doesnt trust Xavier. and who knows what those krakoan pills are or what they will do once ingested. there are a lot unknown and at the bare minimum acknowledging krakoa would mean trading with a country who has not been truly vested over the years as other nations have. so I actually think his approach is smart considering he knows nothing of what the future may hold with this nation.

    and your point about the drugs could be correct or maybe its simply the truth and again he doesnt full know the effects of those pills. but all in all I agree more info is needed to see where hos head is at.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #5543
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea those could be possible reasons why he was open to Jean-nation but outside a vision and a base underwater what did she tangibly have to offer? Xavier has an island and was willing to give them access to life saving drugs . now there could be some other reasons for him not doing this with the primary reason being he doesnt trust Xavier. and who knows what those krakoan pills are or what they will do once ingested. there are a lot unknown and at the bare minimum acknowledging krakoa would mean trading with a country who has not been truly vested over the years as other nations have. so I actually think his approach is smart considering he knows nothing of what the future may hold with this nation.

    and your point about the drugs could be correct or maybe its simply the truth and again he doesnt full know the effects of those pills. but all in all I agree more info is needed to see where hos head is at.
    i would think him and Shuri being scientist would atleast want to get their hands on it so they can scientifically test them. Tchalla is a smart dude it can't be that hard for him to verify the credibility of the drugs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #5544
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i would think him and Shuri being scientist would atleast want to get their hands on it so they can scientifically test them. Tchalla is a smart dude it can't be that hard for him to verify the credibility of the drugs.
    that is true but the assumption there is that they havent already derived a drug that can do what their drug can or even better.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #5545
    Spectacular Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the issue with Wakanda and Kenya not signing could result in a conflict not between Ororo and T'Challa, as discussed, but between Ororo and the X-Men. Maybe it is them who think because of her close connection to Wakanda and her maternal homeland that she should have a great influence over their stance.

  11. #5546
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the issue with Wakanda and Kenya not signing could result in a conflict not between Ororo and T'Challa, as discussed, but between Ororo and the X-Men. Maybe it is them who think because of her close connection to Wakanda and her maternal homeland that she should have a great influence over their stance.
    That is also a very great point that hasnt been discussed here. Ororo has a connection to the people of her homeland and I would imagine she wouldnt want any perceived agression due to Kenya's stance to jeopardize the well being of the Kenyan people.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #5547
    Spectacular Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That is also a very great point that hasnt been discussed here. Ororo has a connection to the people of her homeland and I would imagine she wouldnt want any perceived agression due to Kenya's stance to jeopardize the well being of the Kenyan people.
    Yeah, I was thinking some of us went instantly to Ororo vs BP, which doesn't have to be the case. I hope that won't be the case, although it would make sense for them to have a conversation. However, the list could've signaled less of a potential issue with Ororo/Kenya/Wakanda/BP and more with Ororo and the X-Men. Again, if the list plays out in any way whatsoever with Ororo's character.

  13. #5548
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That is also a very great point that hasnt been discussed here. Ororo has a connection to the people of her homeland and I would imagine she wouldnt want any perceived agression due to Kenya's stance to jeopardize the well being of the Kenyan people.
    Another thing I've been thinking about is the wording used in the file. Its says "WK doesnt need Mutant drugs". Seems like a harsh way of putting it.

    Also I'll need to see WK providing access to drugs of equal value to its protectorates. Which is a new concept for me.

  14. #5549
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Another thing I've been thinking about is the wording used in the file. Its says "WK doesnt need Mutant drugs". Seems like a harsh way of putting it.

    Also I'll need to see WK providing access to drugs of equal value to its protectorates. Which is a new concept for me.
    I also would like to know what type of Drugs does Wakanda have to neglect the Drugs Krakoa has??? How do we know it's better? What are these drugs???
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  15. #5550
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Throughout Marvel history they've always put forward an isolationist/independent stance...bending the rules only rarely. They turning down Krakoa's offer is well within their established purview.
    And I think...written well, both Storm and T'Challa could/should be very understanding of each other's positions and decisions within their chosen societies.
    Sure, their response came across as arrogant but that's always been Wakanda...at least the Wakanda I knew before Coates' arrival...but I see no intention of animousity or aggression, given their established history with the X-Men.
    Also, Wakanda is usually of the mindset "Don't start none, there won't be none."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •