Page 325 of 662 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah and she knew about Kymera too and where is she? Oh thats right

well no lies told here bloop!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Yeah and she knew about Kymera too and where is she? Oh thats right

Oh, She dead. LOL Storm discarded her like trash in your Gif.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hmm hmm yes!!

lolol

I'm waiting on those scans from 616 of storm banging cable lol
    LOL yeah, you keep waiting on a Scan of characters banging when a Child has already been produced and is a full grown adult.
    Staring you in the face as proof. :-)
    *Thumbs Up*

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh, She dead. LOL Storm discarded her like trash in your Gif.

LOL yeah, you keep waiting on a Scan of characters banging when a Child has already been produced and is a full grown adult.
    Staring you in the face as proof. :-)
    *Thumbs Up*
    I DEMAND a DNA test. We dont accept random strays up in here

BANNED

I DEMAND a DNA test. We dont accept random strays up in here

HAHAHAHA

Attachment 86319

Damn Summers gave Storm their "Not really my kid, time displaced herpes".
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know you weren't referring to me specifically, Terrancejameson. But I've read the responses from those of us who asked the question "why a Black man?" and none of them even came close to what you yourself is postulating.
    All that you said in that post came solely from you...and not from any of us who questioned the representational pairing.
    Hence my astonishment/reaction.
    You may believe that that's what we meant by questioning the necessity of paring Storm with a Black man but I can assure you, you would be absolutely wrong (at least on my part).
    I would hazard a guess and say that most of us are just here for the spectacle, costumes and fisticuffs...and we really don't think that deeply about it all.
    I don’t know you well enough yet, but let’s try and come to a better understanding of one another, shall we? I’m going on a bit of a tangent, but I’m sure you can keep up. Do YOU personally understand the significance placed on a fully realized dark skinned Storm? Let’s stew on that question for a bit. Would you agree that the person that grapples with the subject without fully understanding the inner workings of colorism and it’s role in perpetuating white supremacy is either ignorant or exceedingly tone deaf?

I ask these things because when everything is acknowledged, Storm is only shown in a relationship with a black man in one part of the MU. It’s not even her home. Some of the fans of the relationship expect for it to be shown in other parts of the universe. That’s understandable. But her relationship is only acknowledged in his universe. The X-books made a feeble attempt to pay homage to Hadari Yao by calling her a goddess and ultimately solidifying that power by labeling her an omega. It was dry, but that’s so fresh and so new. They didn’t even do the real work or research because she’s never referred to herself as Hadari Yao. She doesn’t care about being a goddess. That’s the only thing that carries over though.

Anyway, when the question “why does Storm have to be with a black man?” is asked but she’s only shown with black men in one place, deductive reasoning forces some hard questions. Why does Storm have to be with a black man? You mean, given the context of the diversity issue the X-men have? Why is it important that Storm’s voice carries weight and power in the X-men universe given their issues with diversity? With these questions comes the realization that they’re happening but NOT in the pages of the X-books. The X-men books won’t touch that narrative. The question of why it needs to happen harkens back to the fact that those same fans don’t have to worry about it happening in her home books. Her home books are rampantly anti-black. Continuing those same practices of being staunchly anti-black male are ideas that do NOT escape my notice. If it’s not important for Storm to love black men in the X-men (it’s clearly not) then it’s not important to love black male mutants in general. It’s important for all the reasons there are for it not to be shown in X-men. It isn’t shown in the X-men for reasons I’ve already listed. I’m for all the spectacle, costumes and fisticuffs, but I certainly won’t stick my head in the sand and ignore Storm lack of love in black mutants new males in general outside of stories that center directly on her. So her solo and WAP do not count.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I don’t know you well enough yet, but let’s try and come to a better understanding of one another, shall we? I’m going on a bit of a tangent, but I’m sure you can keep up. Do YOU personally understand the significance placed on a fully realized dark skinned Storm? Let’s stew on that question for a bit. Would you agree that the person that grapples with the subject without fully understanding the inner workings of colorism and it’s role in perpetuating white supremacy is either ignorant or exceedingly tone deaf?

I ask these things because when everything is acknowledged, Storm is only shown in a relationship with a black man in one part of the MU. It’s not even her home. Some of the fans of the relationship expect for it to be shown in other parts of the universe. That’s understandable. But her relationship is only acknowledged in his universe. The X-books made a feeble attempt to pay homage to Hadari Yao by calling her a goddess and ultimately solidifying that power by labeling her an omega. It was dry, but that’s so fresh and so new. They didn’t even do the real work or research because she’s never referred to herself as Hadari Yao. She doesn’t care about being a goddess. That’s the only thing that carries over though.

Anyway, when the question “why does Storm have to be with a black man?” is asked but she’s only shown with black men in one place, deductive reasoning forces some hard questions. Why does Storm have to be with a black man? You mean, given the context of the diversity issue the X-men have? Why is it important that Storm’s voice carries weight and power in the X-men universe given their issues with diversity? With these questions comes the realization that they’re happening but NOT in the pages of the X-books. The X-men books won’t touch that narrative. The question of why it needs to happen harkens back to the fact that those same fans don’t have to worry about it happening in her home books. Her home books are rampantly anti-black. Continuing those same practices of being staunchly anti-black male are ideas that do NOT escape my notice. If it’s not important for Storm to love black men in the X-men (it’s clearly not) then it’s not important to love black male mutants in general. It’s important for all the reasons there are for it not to be shown in X-men. It isn’t shown in the X-men for reasons I’ve already listed. I’m for all the spectacle, costumes and fisticuffs, but I certainly won’t stick my head in the sand and ignore Storm lack of love in black mutants new males in general outside of stories that center directly on her. So her solo and WAP do not count.
    child my wig is officially snatched!!!! I had to stop what I was doing to log back in just to say that. you sir are a motherf#cking star!!!

and can I say where is she being shown as a sex symbol below?? I thought she was just a hit it ans quit it booty call?? baby please help me understand?

vs. this:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-28-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Baaaaabyyyyyyyaa, I’ll come back to that relationship. The way she and wolverine were accepted as opposed to today's showing in BP is really something to ponder. Can we play a game of twenty questions?

1) why is it important to you that Storm does more than shoot lightning with the X-men?
    2) why is it important that Storm recognizes her goddess heritage in the X-men?
    3) why is it important that Storm addresses her intersectionality with the X-men?
    4) why is it important that she talks about gentrification in the X-men?

I could keep going, but can you see a reoccurring theme? Is there a uniformed response that successfully answers all these questions? You and I know full well the ONE answer to each of these questions. The real meat of the discussion is whether or not you trust the person that tries to have a serious debate without answering these questions for themselves. If I was seriously asking you those questions, would you take me seriously? Would I be worth the response and the energy it takes to muster up the courage to answer such levels of anti intellectualism? I ask these questions with you knowing that I KNOW (considering I have been reading it for years) that Storm has faced years of humiliation by quite a few of the flagship writers? Would YOU take me seriously on these matters I’m attempting to have an enlightened discussion about?

BANNED

LOL

LOL

BANNED

That is one of my FAVORITE GIF's.

But your watch his BROKE. LOL

That is one of my FAVORITE GIF's.

But your watch his BROKE. LOL

BANNED

LOL your watch still broke.

LOL your watch still broke.
    as is your face. Boom!

BANNED

as is your face. Boom!
    Haha, actually my face is fine. Your little baby scratches didn’t work.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-28-2019 at 07:47 PM.