Page 550 of 662 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I hope not. I don’t have a problem with height (I’m short myself) but Janelle is only 5 ft tall. And she really doesn’t look like how Storm should look at all.
    I'm also short, so I have no bias against anyone who is. But, come on, Storm is almost six feet tall. At least select a sista of average height and yes, dark skinned please. But we've seen actors chosen who don't exactly fit the physical appearance of comic book characters. Hugh Jackman is the most obvious example although most people grew to love him as Wolverine. Gal Gadot is no six foot tall Amazon as Wonder Woman and Amy Adams didn't even try to look like Lois Lane beyond them both being white women. Smh.

To be honest, I think the only reason Halle Berry was offered the role of Storm was because, as far as Hollywood was concerned, she was the best and most popular AA actress of the time. So, Of Course, they had to go with her. (Face palm). Anyway, I hope time is taken to find the right fit for Ororo because Storm's fans will be stuck with that actress for years to come.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol. You guys are silly.

Though, you should see my friend. A white boy who puts me to shame.

naw I'm good with just seeing your doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I'm also short, so I have no bias against anyone who is. But, come on, Storm is almost six feet tall. At least select a sista of average height and yes, dark skinned please. But we've seen actors chosen who don't exactly fit the physical appearance of comic book characters. Hugh Jackman is the most obvious example although most people grew to love him as Wolverine. Gal Gadot is no six foot tall Amazon as Wonder Woman and Amy Adams didn't even try to look like Lois Lane beyond them both being white women. Smh.

To be honest, I think the only reason Halle Berry was offered the role of Storm was because, as far as Hollywood was concerned, she was the best and most popular AA actress of the time. So, Of Course, they had to go with her. (Face palm). Anyway, I hope time is taken to find the right fit for Ororo because Storm's fans will be stuck with that actress for years to come.
    agreed to all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post

Your a better person than i. Fox imo hired Halle Berry because she was a light skin woman. I will never discredit the racism of Fox studios. Just look at their history. Everytime an election season comes all their black shows get cancelled. Martin, Living Single, empire, etc. I don't care if disney makes a disney bop X-men i'm just glad it's out of Fox's hands.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    naw I'm good with just seeing your doomsday.
    Depending on my mood and how much I've been drinking. I'm not saying it won't happen. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Omg I've never considered Janelle Monae for the role of Storm. She's definitely a beautiful young lady. She has acting chops, but I'd be anxious to see if she could do her justice with the right energy. I still have my heart set on a deep dark chocolate black woman reminiscent of the good sis Anok, but I'm willing to give Janelle a shot.

BANNED

Quick poll: is the Pak book worth a proper read? I’m also going back and revisiting the Ellis mini.

BANNED

I think so. I reread it last weekend. I'm currently rereading Priest's run on BP and I just finished with his version of Storm. All in all, Pak didn't pay much respect to her time in Africa before joining Xavier, but I think he definitely did his best of adjusting her narrative to our current political climate. I personally believe his Storm solo ages really well with everything except her new Hadari Yao narrative.

She looks great! The only thing I would change would be to make her fore-arm gauntlets black instead of green. I love her complexion too and would love for Storm to have that skin tone in the films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I agree with every word! Ole girl is the epitome of the Storm cosplayer! No one has even come half as close and I say that with all do respect to the other ladies. Good goddess, this woman has stolen my soul. She could convince me to do crime!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Quick poll: is the Pak book worth a proper read? I’m also going back and revisiting the Ellis mini.
    Over-all I liked Pak's Storm run. I think he moved away from her more divine/mystical background and instead really humanizes her, but does it well for the most part. He also gave her some nice power-feats too. I think the ending was somewhat anti-climactic, but it doesn't hurt the story in anyway.

I would be interested in reading something from Pak now that her Hadaro-Yao persona has been added to her mythos.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Lol. You guys are silly.

Though, you should see my friend. A white boy who puts me to shame.
    I swear I get so suprised by these white boys with huge ones. Especially the young ones like 18 and 23. IDK people be raving about wanting to sleep with a guy who has a big one cause those 8 inch or bigger ones start to hurt unless you have loose walls lol. The bigger they are the more they scare me and usually if they're bigger than 8 I won't let them hit it. We can do other stuff but more than likely i'll say no if you trying to "get it in"

Depending on my mood and how much I've been drinking. I'm not saying it won't happen. Lol
    next time I'm in Dallas imma hit you up frfr. we gone get you f'd up lololol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    it's not perfect but I would definitely say it is a good storm book with a lot of moments that remind you why we love her so much.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    She looks great! The only thing I would change would be to make her fore-arm gauntlets black instead of green. I love her complexion too and would love for Storm to have that skin tone in the films.
    yes agreed on the complexion part. we need a chocolate goddess to rid our minds of the biracial storm we have gotten for almost 20 something years.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I swear I get so suprised by these white boys with huge ones. Especially the young ones like 18 and 23. IDK people be raving about wanting to sleep with a guy who has a big one cause those 8 inch or bigger ones start to hurt unless you have loose walls lol. The bigger they are the more they scare me and usually if they're bigger than 8 I won't let them hit it. We can do other stuff but more than likely i'll say no if you trying to "get it in"
    As one of the few bi-guys on this board, white guys (a small few) have brought the thunder. As a matter of fact my second biggest (9+) was a white guy at work.

next time I'm in Dallas imma hit you up frfr. we gone get you f'd up lololol.
    Alright. Now I feel like I gotta bring my "A" game.

Lol, right now, I'm sure some posters are checking to see if they're on the right site.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.