Page 192 of 662 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I need this to lead to something amazing.
    I believe, and have always thought this, that somehow her abilities would lead to tchallas return back to his timeline. but if this doesnt happen I am hoping for a cosmic showing. whatever it is I think it will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Man Coates has been putting in work with Storm this is the most attention shes gotten in years! And the X-books REFUSE to acknowledge this. It's so frustrating. The best I csn hope for is Hickman acknowledging this element he wrote a pretty good T'challa and even went as far to show that Ororo and him were still on good terms.

The art is indeed amazing I love how vulnerable, majestic, and regal Storm looks. I really need to catch up on my BP issues.
    so the xoffices did acknowledge she was a goddess but not in a fashion that some would say was unequivocally stated. I had just made this point that if not for Coates I'm not sure what storm fans would have to discuss. since ivx, we had Guggenheim write one of the worst storms ever and then the reveal she has a kid with cable in an alternate future timeline. the xoffices clearly have zero interest in her so I'm thankful coates has shown the interest her own offices should be showing. he has shown her engage in healthy relationships with other black characters, demonstrated how truly powerful black love can be and elevates her when her own franchise looked to denigrate her. he is definitely a godsend.

and indeed. you and me both I think I'm about to do that now lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

reading this second season of BP and once again coates has outdone himself. go check out the all the issues if you have not done so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'd like to see Storm get a renewed focus across all of Marvel's platforms. But I'm not sure if Hickman is the one. We'll see I guess, but none of the released covers seem to indicate he's interested in her.
    She doesn't even have a new costume - she's apparently keeping her X-Men Red one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Preview Flashback
    Why does Talisman look like a white woman? She looks more like Aurora than Talisman.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Why does Talisman look like a white woman? She looks more like Aurora than Talisman.
    Lol. When I first saw this I was saying to myself “why is Wonder Woman here”

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    FACTS.

The artwork is pretty good but Talisman's skin color is huge misstep IMO.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Storm Shuri Laura sketch
    Attachment 83735
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I thought the same when I scrolled in.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ooooooh could u grace us with a picture of this glorious room.
    Sorry for the delay sweetheart, trying to finish this macroeconomics class and it's kicking my butt.

But here are a few pics of my work in progress.

Attachment 83737

Attachment 83738

Attachment 83739

I still have to get hubby to hang Diana and Ororo on the wall because where i want them I'm too short to put them up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm Shuri Laura sketch
    Attachment 83735
    that looks very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    FACTS.

The artwork is pretty good but Talisman's skin color is huge misstep IMO.
    I thought it was wonder woman. how was she originally drawn I've seen some depictions of her with fairer skin.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Sorry for the delay sweetheart, trying to finish this macroeconomics class and it's kicking my butt.

But here are a few pics of my work in progress.

Attachment 83737

Attachment 83738

Attachment 83739

I still have to get hubby to hang Diana and Ororo on the wall because where i want them I'm too short to put them up.

oh no need to apologize. that is very nice I love it. thank you so much for sharing.

Went off slightly in the BP thread after what I viewed as unnecessary Storm disrespect, but I wanted to come here and let it be known that I do respect those of you who are actually fans of them both respectfully. I don’t hate T’challa, I actually support where they’re going with their narrative right now, but I just couldn’t abide the blatant revision of facts some of his fans were promoting in order to bolster him via putting her down. After all she has done for him and Wakanda, they better put some respek on her name. Just an apology to those of you here who post there as well and are fans of the two of them, I meant no disrespect to you personally.

BANNED

Well, after reading the Black Panther post by his Fans.

I understand BP fans frustration with Storm being in BP mythos is totally understandable. I mean you have another character(Storm)getting more attention and growth than your favorite hero(Black Panther) when the Book is only about and is supposed to be about Black Panther. I’m sure I can imagine the frustration a Black Panther fan reading about this Hadari Yao concept going forward when it doesn’t link nor connect to T’Challa’s character as a whole. And forcing her into a position some Black Panther fans deem she is not fit for. So I get it. I get why they are mad the book is called “Black Panther” not “Black Panther and Storm”

Although, for me personally I see both characters are growing. So I don’t see the problem in this. But This only shows that the writer of Black Panther should just write a Storm solo book.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Went off slightly in the BP thread after what I viewed as unnecessary Storm disrespect, but I wanted to come here and let it be known that I do respect those of you who are actually fans of them both respectfully. I don’t hate T’challa, I actually support where they’re going with their narrative right now, but I just couldn’t abide the blatant revision of facts some of his fans were promoting in order to bolster him via putting her down. After all she has done for him and Wakanda, they better put some respek on her name. Just an apology to those of you here who post there as well and are fans of the two of them, I meant no disrespect to you personally.
    I’m first and foremost a Storm fan and agree with 100% of your post. I’m glad you stated it, since some facts get conveniently ignored. Coates and Okorafor have an interest in her and looking to build her a role outside of the X-verse that I hope translates into the MU as a whole, with BP either being a building block, stepping stone or partnership (love interest or a good friend is fine by me) to that endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, after reading the Black Panther post by his Fans.

I understand BP fans frustration with Storm being in BP mythos is totally understandable. I mean you have another character(Storm)getting more attention and growth than your favorite hero(Black Panther) when the Book is only about and is supposed to be about Black Panther. I’m sure I can imagine the frustration a Black Panther fan reading about this Hadari Yao concept going forward when it doesn’t link nor connect to T’Challa’s character as a whole. And forcing her into a position some Black Panther fans deem she is not fit for. So I get it. I get why they are mad the book is called “Black Panther” not “Black Panther and Storm”

Although, for me personally I see both characters are growing. So I don’t see the problem in this. But This only shows that the writer of Black Panther should just write a Storm solo book.

I’ve always been okay with and even supported a lot of BP fans in their frustration with Coates and how he is choosing to go about his stories. Hell, I came to their defense when other Storm fans claimed they should just get over it when they felt slighted at the end of his last run. But they take it a step too far when they talk down about Ororo as if she is some C grade character that should be honored to grace his franchise. As if most people in the world would’ve said his name over hers when the term “black superhero” was brought up before his movie was huge success. When they slut shame her, inferring she has dubious morals and questionable loyalty after she decided to do what she thought was right for her after he discarded their marriage. When they say she doesn’t care about the Wakandan people because of her loyalties to the X-men, her family, even after she’s saved them and their King multipleeeeeee times and asked for nothing in return. A people who are naturally xenophobic and gene-racist against mutants, which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world. No, you can miss me with all of that. Disrespect given is Disrespect earned.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    These look interesting... :-)