Page 427 of 662 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't think they NEED to pray. I feel like the prayers were the catalyst that activated her Godhead. I think if Storm accepted this part of her she'd be able to access at will. Just like how Carol Danvers goes Binary.......
    Good point. I see prayers as one way of exhibiting faith. There are, of course, others. If that's the case, then it isn't about actual prayers but the people who believe in or have faith in her as a godly being. It could be about her accepting her godhead, but Coates has also written through a character that gods don't name themselves. I took that to mean that whether she considers herself a god because people believe that she is then she is one to them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...she will not necessarily be written as a Goddess, nor go about acting as one/referring to herself as such...but...
    The access to her Divine Power is there should it be needed, should Duggan or HiX-Man decide to use it in-story.
    Fair enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    A divine blast, huh? That's a good way of defining it but I'm unsure if that's what is was supposed to be. I'll have to review that panel again. If it wasn't lightning then it would be nice if was defined in-text. Yes, I can appreciate Coates' knowledge and use of Storm's past. Now that I know the Adversary was also an X-Man foe, it makes Coates' use of him even better. What a cool way to bring that side of Storm's character and mutant connection into a BP story. It would really be nice if the X-writers did the same.
    well we have to look at first what happened when ororo and the xmen first encountered adversary. her lightning did absolutely nothing to hurt him because it was physical based power:

pure lightning would have zero effect on him. ororo had to utilize divine energy to have any effect on him. the interesting thing is that coates wrote this almost identical to how the fight occurred initially in uncanny xmen where adversary was sealed using magic. the latest time however since ororo was using godly or divine energy there wasnt a need for anyone to sacrifice themselves in the manner they needed to for forge to defeated adversary and dispel him into the magical sealed dimension.

Perhaps he assumes the three will side with him. If voting is the way they make their decisions, maybe he assumes he's upping his chances of having his perspective acted on because three other people will side with him. I'm not saying this is the case or where Hickman is going with this, if anywhere. Just food for thought.
    hmmm.. so not necessarily that he trusts him because since they are his "children" they will blindly follow him giving him more votes? that's a very interesting and good theory as its less about family and more about people he believes he can manipulate. if this is the case I must say that is very smart of him.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't think they NEED to pray. I feel like the prayers were the catalyst that activated her Godhead. I think if Storm accepted this part of her she'd be able to access at will. Just like how Carol Danvers goes Binary.......
    I agree with this. it makes a lot of sense and ot explains why we didnt have to see any active believers in shuri.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yassss maam twirl honey twirl:

yes this is true. and when I think of all the people who questioned him it was namor. of all people to question him it seems odd especially considering he would seem to align to magneto in how humans relate to mutants.
    He and Charles were in the Illuminati together, he knows Charles is not always on the up and up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He and Charles were in the Illuminati together, he knows Charles is not always on the up and up. lol
    lolol what did Xavier do when he was in the illuminati that was questionable??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder though...
    How does her God hood' manifest outside of Wakanda?...as, I don't see Krakoans falling to their knees in prayer and worship to her.
    And...
    Will HiX-Man and/or Duggan ever acknowledge her Divinity in-story?
    They don't need to pray. I forget the exact issue but in Shuri when she was underground in the mines the gases down there dragged out her godhood complete with the blue god text and no one was praying for her. Actually as she got closer to the source of the enemy the voice of her inner goddess got louder and then came out fully. Granted she didn't remember what she did after the gases effect wore off.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They don't need to pray. I forget the exact issue but in Shuri when she was underground in the mines the gases down there dragged out her godhood complete with the blue god text and no one was praying for her. Actually as she got closer to the source of the enemy the voice of her inner goddess got louder and then came out fully. Granted she didn't remember what she did after the gases effect wore off.
    what do you think that means that she had a different voice and she didnt recall the transformation? do you think this was the effects of the fungus or something else, as the the two other times she tapped into this power she was fully aware.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well we have to look at first what happened when ororo and the xmen first encountered adversary. her lightning did absolutely nothing to hurt him because it was physical based power:

pure lightning would have zero effect on him. ororo had to utilize divine energy to have any effect on him. the interesting thing is that coates wrote this almost identical to how the fight occurred initially in uncanny xmen where adversary was sealed using magic. the latest time however since ororo was using godly or divine energy there wasnt a need for anyone to sacrifice themselves in the manner they needed to for forge to defeated adversary and dispel him into the magical sealed dimension.

Thank you for the pic. It clarifies a lot and makes me appreciate even more the lengths Coates has gone to to integrate Storm as an X-Man into BP's comic. See, that's a perfect example of how one writer can acknowledge a character's connection to another comic(s) and characters without undermining or subverting the work of another writer. It is also a nice way of rewarding old school Storm and X-Men fans with a throwback character and fight scene. I love that.

That's interesting.
    It certainly limits how and when her Godhood can be used, if it's also an involuntary response, and what are the after-effects on Ororo.
    Unfortunately, I cannot stand a single sentence of Coates' writing so...I will not be looking for Goddess Storm there.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Thank you for the pic. It clarifies a lot and makes me appreciate even more the lengths Coates has gone to to integrate Storm as an X-Man into BP's comic. See, that's a perfect example of how one writer can acknowledge a character's connection to another comic(s) and characters without undermining or subverting the work of another writer. It is also a nice way of rewarding old school Storm and X-Men fans with a throwback character and fight scene. I love that.
    yes yes and yes. it is rare to find writers who take so much care when writing continuity but when you see this across franchises as you mentioned it I see it to the talent of the writer and the due diligence they also take.

but I agree with you wholeheartedly here. it's been a beautiful journey watching coates weave together such a beautiful story.

BANNED

It was Shuri #9

That is a great example. That basically proves what I stated. So, due to that specific instance it proves that Storms Godhead lies Dormant inside of Storm. Storm needs to accept it. IMO there will come a point in time she will have no other choice, but to accept it.

BANNED

That's interesting.
    It certainly limits how and when her Godhood can be used, if it's also an involuntary response, and what are the after-effects on Ororo.
    Unfortunately, I cannot stand a single sentence of Coates' writing so...I will not be looking for Goddess Storm there.
    Black Panther is the only place you will get Goddess Storm. However, we don’t know if Coates is still developing this part of Storm due to the simple fact Coates has not made any references or mentions of her Godhead since BP #13. Now, you mentioned “involuntary” personally if Storms Godhead is actually Involuntary that would Suck!!! That means her Godhead would just bust out at any given moment regardless of what is going on and I wouldn’t like that. IMO it makes it seem like she isn’t in control of her own Goddess Powers making Storm a loose cannon and very unpredictable.

But that is a very good point. Everyone’s point is very well valid. For all we know it could come out due to stress, anger, fear or she simply can control like my example Binary. OR it’s not controlable and comes out whenever it wants(which again IMO would suck).

BANNED

That's interesting.
    Also, another thing we need to know if Goddess Storm is another mind set. Basically the Phoenix Force Effect. Are you talking to Jean? Or is it the Phoenix?? Same thing applies here. Are you talking to Ororo? Or the Hadari Yao?(considering if she’s even in control) IMO It’s a dangerous gambit 50/50.

I don’t want Storm going into battle and all of a sudden KRA-KABOOM!!! Goddess Storm is here attacking Everyone........that would suck.

I was thinking involuntary perhaps depending on the power level of the foe she's fighting.
    Another godlike being like the adversary, yes, it comes to the fore. Some soldiers with guns...a hail storm would suffice.
    But yes, uncontrollable in the sense that the Divine Self takes over...and that's why she can't remember the details when she powers down.
    There's all sort of story potential there for a solo Storm book.

BANNED

I was thinking involuntary perhaps depending on the power level of the foe she's fighting.
    Another godlike being like the adversary, yes, it comes to the fore. Some soldiers with guns...a hail storm would suffice.
    But yes, uncontrollable in the sense that the Divine Self takes over...and that's why she can't remember the details when she powers down.
    There's all sort of story potential there for a solo Storm book.
    Yeah, I Agree.