Page 603 of 662 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Cool. Has she ever tried lightning armor? She should also create elemental weapons like a lightning sword.

My Storm knowledge about her feats end at the year 2004, has she done much with fire? She's made it rain(no jokes please), she's made it snow but I don't recall her creating or controlling fire too much.

you must missed my burn baby burn post lol. though she didnt necessarily control tire directly it seems she superheated the air creating a heat fire blast:

as sp mentioned she also create plasma (one of the four states of matter) with her fist. this isnt the same as fire obviously:

just as fyi plasma is heated gases but consist of free floating electrons which allows for it to be conductive as well as produce magnetic fields and electrical current.

there was however one time she deflected fire from idie. its unclear if she did this through winds or directly controlled them to prevent the blast from hitting her:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes GAWD!!! She's giving me Janet teas! Posing like the baddest bitch eva!!! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to all of this. oan okoye revealed to everyone she believes there is a spy in their midst. we know the original nakia was a spy. do you think by chance tchalla was being played by nunakia to filter information to njadaka and his crew?
    I never thought about that. It could certainly still be a possibility. Although I think they may try and keep Nakia as heroic just to match with the film.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

by the way have y'all noticed we passed up the Cyclops thread. We're ahead now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you must missed my burn baby burn post lol. though she didnt necessarily control tire directly it seems she superheated the air creating a heat fire blast:

as sp mentioned she also create plasma (one of the four states of matter) with her fist. this isnt the same as fire obviously:

just as fyi plasma is heated gases but consist of free floating electrons which allows for it to be conductive as well as produce magnetic fields and electrical current.

there was however one time she deflected fire from idie. its unclear if she did this through winds or directly controlled them to prevent the blast from hitting her:

I miss Idie I really wanted Storm to take her under her wing as her mentor.

I just never liked the Lights characters. Idie was so obviously a Storm derivative, except instead of being praised as a goddess, she was hounded as a witch and demon. Her powerset is literally the most unoriginal thing possible with many other existing characters with the exact same thing or some variation of it. And the self-hating Christian Nigerian using an Orisha's name? I just never got it. I'm fine she's been swept under the rug and Storm didn't get saddled with her too much.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I miss Idie I really wanted Storm to take her under her wing as her mentor.
    .thst would have been nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I never thought about that. It could certainly still be a possibility. Although I think they may try and keep Nakia as heroic just to match with the film.
    I hope not. tchalla has a ship he dedictared 5o her name and uses her birth name for password. this man is madly in love with ororo and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Yes GAWD!!! She's giving me Janet teas! Posing like the baddest bitch eva!!! I love it!

yasssssss I stan!!! lol i love it too!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

TIL The Uncanny X-Men (1989, NES) presents Storm as having below-average power, average endurance, below-average speed, and average willpower.

What if? (Sorry to just ask here out of nowhere interrupting a thread and community I mean no disrespect, but this has always interested me)

What if instead of Wolverine being the most solo featured long running solo X-Men from Claremont's original team STORM was the primary solo focus of the franchise for all these decades!?

What would be different? How would the MU and X-Men franchise be different? Would that have been possible? Why or why not? Is it possible now? What does this question ask of you and fans? I don't know. And that's why this question so fascinates me.

I can't think of another character who could and in her own way was and should and may have been despite what was and is but isn't the other most significant and signature solo in and out of the X-Men super heroine.

She could have and still could simply leave and establish herself where she is. Couldn't she? Doesn't she?

And this in no way is meant to disrespect or criticize Wolverine's solo cannon, purpose and independent reasons for being. Not a VS arena or antagonisitic arguement.

Again, sorry for the random interruption.

I hope this is of interest to you and that you'll share your thoughts.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-24-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    What if? (Sorry to just ask here out of nowhere interrupting a thread and community I mean no disrespect, but this has always interested me)

What if instead of Wolverine being the most solo featured long running solo X-Men from Claremont's original team STORM was the primary solo focus of the franchise for all these decades!?

What would be different? How would the MU and X-Men franchise be different? Would that have been possible? Why or why not? Is it possible now? What does this question ask of you and fans? I don't know. And that's why this question so fascinates me.

I can't think of another character who could and in her own way was and should and may have been despite what was and is but isn't the other most significant and signature solo in and out of the X-Men super heroine.

She could have and still could simply leave and establish herself where she is. Couldn't she? Doesn't she?

And this in no way is meant to disrespect or criticize Wolverine's solo cannon, purpose and independent reasons for being. Not a VS arena or antagonisitic arguement.

Again, sorry for the random interruption.

I hope this is of interest to you and that you'll share your thoughts.

Thanks.
    I would have liked to have seen a longer run with Storm, BP, Ben and Johnny as the Fantastic Four, at least 4 years. That could have been another established "home" for her when she wasn't with the X-Men like how the Avengers was for Wolverine.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She never seems 5'11" on the page.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She never seems 5'11" on the page.
    Classically most artists were great at making her seem that tall or taller, but since the films, the heights of the characters[especially Storm and Wolverine] lost their consistency, so the modern artists don't necessarily adhere to it(some still do).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

From the solicits for BP #18, it's clear that all, although likely most, of this Wednesday's issue will be flashbacks. But it seems, from this preview page, that it's relayed from a conversation T'Challa had with Ororo about his experience while he was away. I guess we can assume that this is the same conversation he had with her when he revealed his relationship and/or feelings for Nakia. Maybe, finally, we'll see that conversation. For some reason, Coates has avoided actually showing them have that convo.

Attachment 89649
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-24-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    From the solicits for BP #18, it's clear that all, although likely most, of this Wednesday's issue will be flashbacks. But it seems, from this preview page, that it's relayed from a conversation T'Challa had with Ororo about his experience while he was away. I guess we can assume that this is the same conversation he had with her when he revealed his relationship and/or feelings for Nakia. Maybe, finally, we'll see that conversation. For some reason, Coates has avoided actually showing them have that convo.

Attachment 89649
    awww he telling his big what happened to him when he was lost and away from her. we shall see what is said. thank you for sharing this.

Storm and Emma. Just because.

Attachment 89650
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/