Page 28 of 662 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Kiki is not horrible, but I still feel like we can get a newbie who is on point. I just know there is a 6' tall 18 year old Kenyan woman with cheekbones for days out there ready to take the world by storm! Someone the world could fall in love with as Ororo, for the first time. Kiki would just be 'that girl from If Beale Street Could Talk'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    [

my favorite panel from the issue!!!
    This reminded me of this:

I didn't love this issue, but they did at least remember that Storm is the one who will break through the big bad when everyone else is ineffective!

hey boos Mr Matthew Rosenberg himself liked a tweet I sent today and retweeted!!!! I'm screaming and in love:

Attachment 77018
    That's cool. Can you send the link to to the twitter chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

but at least she didnt go out like a punk
    What happened to her after this?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

which actress? do you have the link,?

and right. I think it was kind of silly of shipp to think they would keep the same cast from foxmen when Disney can make their world of mutants without the baggage of all the inconsistencies associated with fox.
    Dewanda Wise. She mentioned it on her Instagram. Anyway, she was supposed to be in Captain Marvel, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. Personally, I hope she holds out for Monica Rambeau.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    She doesn' t have to be a science chic per se, that was just the first thing that came to my mind. And it seems like these days shes considering a lot of things a slap in the face lol.

Also I kept trying to think of who she reminds me of in that pic and she kinda looks like that Anika chic from Empire (I think that's her name, I haven't watched Empire in ages).
    is anika the one on gifted now? I love her. she is a great actress. and a scientist would work me, hell even an extra in background but just not storm lol

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Not silly, I think if she doesn't fight for it, it's over and she doesn't want. Who could blame her?
    The biggest problem is that now, she's associated with the FOX era and I think Marvel will want to go with a clean state. Too bad for Alexandra, she could have been a cool Storm if given the chance. But the FOX X-Men have been sad for Storm.
    she can fight but trying to state the black lives movement is the same as her not getting the job in mcu because another black actress is campaigning for the role is beyond ridiculous. she should have just kept quiet and kept it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Seconded...but really...another angry mob + hot claws Wolverine is too much for Storm, Bobby or Jean Grey (and can't do anything to Kitty)? Rolled my eyes at the PIS. His return isn't feeling ...as epic as I was expecting.

This also reminds me off the time when Bobby was first coming into the potential of his organic ice form and he was hurt by a heat backlash from Post, and Storm generated a blizzard blast to save him.

This issue was pretty entertaining. I picked it up after seeing your posts. Storm was THAT B$%^& this issue. I appreciate that, even though not written to capacity in a team book setting, she was treated with more credibility than she has been in the series thus far. I also liked that Lorna was holding her own against Magneto as well (often doesn't get the credit she deserves with respect to being a very powerful/skilled elemental herself).
    yasss she was was the big boss that the other xmen couldnt handle. I liked her using her whirlwind of lightning to take out the younger mutants as she warned them to stand down. I loved that psylocke and the blond female character (i'm not sure who that was) both realized they were no match for storms powers and of course I love the reference to Storm being a goddess. it was overall a nice showing for storm.

Dewanda Wise also expressed interest. she's very pretty but not as tall as Kiki. We just need a talented actress with a regal look, presence, gravitas, knows her X-material and Storm's persona, and has the physical conditioning to handle the CQC and long ranged combat sequences.
    agreed to your analysis and forgot about her. loved they all have been dark skinned women. i have had numerous debates with people on social media about skin tone not being a big deal or that it shouldn't matter. however, with hollywood constantly whitewashing characters to me colorism is very important and it's time that ororo be accurately portrayed after enduring nearly 20 years of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This reminded me of this:

I didn't love this issue, but they did at least remember that Storm is the one who will break through the big bad when everyone else is ineffective!

yes it made me remember that too. that issue her lightning didnt do a thing to Legion but this time she was able to hurt both legion and xman (to Omega-level mutants). that was pretty bad-ass and of course she let them know she was a goddess. i loved it.

That's cool. Can you send the link to to the twitter chat?
    yes it wasnt much said but here you go:

https://mobile.twitter.com/butterfly...42537820246016

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What happened to her after this?
    well since the issue is out i can tell you. the telepaths are able to separate legion and xman after storm's attack. jean then tries to talk xman down from what he was trying to do but he ignores her and "kills" all the xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Dewanda Wise. She mentioned it on her Instagram. Anyway, she was supposed to be in Captain Marvel, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. Personally, I hope she holds out for Monica Rambeau.

thanks boo. I hope she plays Monica too.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I just came across an interesting article that discusses an interesting exchange between the writers of uncanny and storm being an actual goddess:

http://thegeekiary.com/uncanny-x-men...10-storm/59436

it appears this issue finally acknowledges what Coates established in his book at least per this exchange on Twitter. people said the xoffices wouldnt acknowledge this. well baby they were all wrong.
    (^_^)

@windrider: you might enjoy this exchange better:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...14146035814400

edit: this was actual confirmation as Matthew even asks has reader caught up in latest BP book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I just came across an interesting article that discusses an interesting exchange between the writers of uncanny and storm being an actual goddess:

http://thegeekiary.com/uncanny-x-men...10-storm/59436

it appears this issue finally acknowledges what Coates established in his book at least per this exchange on Twitter. people said the xoffices wouldnt acknowledge this. well baby they were all wrong.
    (^_^)

@windrider: you might enjoy this exchange better:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...14146035814400

edit: this was actual confirmation as Matthew even asks has reader caught up in latest BP book.
    I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'll take that.
    I propose a toast to everyone who believed this day would come and believed in the Hadari Yao, to everyone who didnt let the writings of Guggenheim cast doubt in their hearts, and especially to Mr. Coates because without him none of this would be possible. Let's also give a shout out to those that said the xoffices would never acknowledge Coates work.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Attachment 77059
    Attachment 77060

Been looking for this forever. Even tho it's Evo I hold this explanation of her abilities to be 616 canon

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those twitter responses from Thompson and Rosenberg make no sense...she only "ascended" to "Godhood" last week (in comic book time).
    She (under much better writers) have always acknowledged that the potential is there, (under the right circumstances, as occurred in Black Panther), but...she is not of Divinity. She's always fully embraced her humanity...a woman, mutant, wielding God-like powers.

"A Goddess longer than you've been alive"?
    .................................................. ..............................no.

what is so amazing is that there were so many people saying how we were taking things out of context and that she was only a goddess per our head canon. so glad the discussion of her being Divine is over. Confirmed both in the BP and the Xoffices. now we can get back to discussing what actress should play her in MCU.

(^_^)

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-storm-omega-level/

sigh, though better late than never storm is a goddess cbr not an omega level mutant. lol

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Those twitter responses from Thompson and Rosenberg make no sense...she only "ascended" to "Godhood" last week (in comic book time).
    She (under much better writers) have always acknowledged that the potential is there, (under the right circumstances, as occurred in Black Panther), but...she is not of Divinity. She's always fully embraced her humanity...a woman, mutant, wielding God-like powers.

"A Goddess longer than you've been alive"?
    .................................................. ..............................no.
    Yeah. I agree. It was sloppy. I could appreciate their sentiment in these dark times, but it was off.

It would have been better for her to have been a bit more subtle, more accurate:

"I have been worshiped as a goddess since before Sinister created you in a petri dish!"

BANNED

I agree. It's not HOW I wanted this to be confirmed, but..........I guess.

I'll take it.