Page 29 of 662 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I agree. It's not HOW I wanted this to be confirmed, but..........I guess.

I'll take it.
    how would you have wanted it to be confirmed? and let's not forget it was actually confirmed in BP issue 17 when she corrected sefako's weather.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What is the difference between an omega level mutant and a god? It would be really cool if an X-book could explore this with Storm at the centre

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    What is the difference between an omega level mutant and a god? It would be really cool if an X-book could explore this with Storm at the centre
    you know what is so funny. I was just talking to a fellow storm fan about this and he was in the belief that this announcement from uncanny could result in storms solo book finally coming into the pipeline that was supposed to be written by coates.

now in regards to your question (and this is just my opinion here) but here is my analysis:

an omega level mutant is just any mutant with unlimited power or potentially unlimited power, whereas a god in the MU is a being that is a direct descendant of the elder gods. in theory an omega level mutant could have power akin to a god but they are not true gods. also gods possess divine power that can be augmented based upon faith energy, that is the more followers that believe in a particular deity the more powerful they become.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What is the difference between an omega level mutant and a god?
    Gods don't have the X-gene.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know what is so funny. I was just talking to a fellow storm fan about this and he was in the belief that this announcement from uncanny could result in storms solo book finally coming into the pipeline that was supposed to be written by coates.

now in regards to your question (and this is just my opinion here) but here is my analysis:

an omega level mutant is just any mutant with unlimited power or potentially unlimited power, whereas a god in the MU is a being that is a direct descendant of the elder gods. in theory an omega level mutant could have power akin to a god but they are not true gods. also gods possess divine power that can be augmented based upon faith energy, that is the more followers that believe in a particular deity the more powerful they become.
    Very cool! I want the X-Office to run with this. Give her a solo where she explores divinity and humanity and how it fits (or doesn't fit) with being a mutant leader. It would make up for having some white guy come into her village and tell her "you're not a goddess, you're delusional."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gods don't have the X-gene.
    it seems ororo would be one of the exceptions to that rule as she does possess the gift of godhead and has an x-gene.

Very cool! I want the X-Office to run with this. Give her a solo where she explores divinity and humanity and how it fits (or doesn't fit) with being a mutant leader. It would make up for having some white guy come into her village and tell her "you're not a goddess, you're delusional."

yes agreed. you know another thing I was hoping? that storm has a little corner in the MU with gods/goddesses associated with her godhead lineage. almost like the amazonian or asgardians but specific to Africa and her mothers bloodline. there are so many possibilities. and yes to your last statement. Charles tried to exert his privilege and culture over Ororos and he was dead wrong.

oan: I've been lurking in other appreciation thread and kudos to Thompson/Rosenberg. A lot of the fandoms are really pleased with how their faves were handled even though they all "died" in the end lolol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I wouldn't want Storm to not have an X-gene. Weather control as her mutant power, but the strength is based on faith/attention to her ancestry?

A bit off topic, but I've been loving Storm in Shuri's comic.

I wouldn't want Storm to not have an X-gene. Weather control as her mutant power, but the strength is based on faith/attention to her ancestry?

A bit off topic, but I've been loving Storm in Shuri's comic.
    she has her x-gene that is what I made the correction to the poster who said gods dont have them. storm possesses both the gift of godhead and the xgene.

I have been enjoying her appearance there as well. I really enjoy how close they are written. though I prefer coates shuri to movie shuri I have liked their interaction within the book.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I posted this on previous page but thank you.

you know what's funny? you have storm say she is a goddess, then you have the writers confirm she meant she was a literal one, and then people still say that is not what she meant. why dont people want storm to be great??? I dont understand it lol

Ah sorry didn't see it posted

So is she an omega mutant and a goddess or a goddess with an X-gene?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I posted this on previous page but thank you.

you know what's funny? you have storm say she is a goddess, then you have the writers confirm she meant she was a literal one, and then people still say that is not what she meant. why dont people want storm to be great??? I dont understand it lol
    Ok, I will try to make myself well understood, which may be at times difficult because I'm french and english is not my first language.
    Storm is already great!
    It's not because she isn't always described as great that she isn't. And I'm afraid this Goddess status remembers me of a time where Storm was more aloof and cold. I do prefer the more humane Ororo.
    What is a mystery to me though is why she's never been on an Avengers team? She's one of the greatest heroines in the world, one of the greatest team leaders too! It would have made sense in a lot of ways and done a lot for the mutant cause. But I'm a big proponent for more interactions in the superhero community!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Ok, I will try to make myself well understood, which may be at times difficult because I'm french and english is not my first language.
    Storm is already great!
    It's not because she isn't always described as great that she isn't. And I'm afraid this Goddess status remembers me of a time where Storm was more aloof and cold. I do prefer the more humane Ororo.
    What is a mystery to me though is why she's never been on an Avengers team? She's one of the greatest heroines in the world, one of the greatest team leaders too! It would have made sense in a lot of ways and done a lot for the mutant cause. But I'm a big proponent for more interactions in the superhero community!
    Actually she was on the Avengers for a brief time. Look for the 2010 run. She was recommended by Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Actually she was on the Avengers for a brief time. Look for the 2010 run. She was recommended by Black Panther.
    Terrible Run by the way. -_-

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Terrible Run by the way. -_-
    I agree.
    Mogwen, don't read her very brief time as an Avenger. It was pointless and insipid and devalued the character in ways not even the most casual fan could condone.