Page 353 of 662 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think she is immmune to naturally occuring elements once she is attune to the planet like earth for example. But an attack from someone who can produce fire will proably hurt her as it's instantenous and her body doesn't have a chance to adjust to unnatural elements.

One thing i've always wondered though and claremont played with it a bit on other planets and dimensions but how does the weather affect Storm is what i would love to see explored. Like for instance on a calm sunny day is she unusually chill like she just smoked some good weed or if a hurricane Dorian hits is she more angsty/ riled up for a fight. We know her emotions affect the weather but i think it happens both ways if she isn't careful.
    I actually think this is a good question.. i wanna see this in reverse
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I actually think this is a good question.. i wanna see this in reverse
    Interesting concept, but I don't think we will see it. I think her mood/will supersedes the natural order things. Remember in Ultimate X-Men when Angel first joined the team and Charles pimped Ororo out to go talk to him into joining the team it was raining. Ororo didn't mean to, but she did away with the storm because it wasn't her mood. It takes conscious effort / deliberate control for her not to affect the weather.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what are you guy's thoughts on her ability to be affected by the elements? do you think she immune or resistant? why?
    Definitely immune. It actually makes more sense for her to be immune to the elements. If not, her powers would be limited to the point of them being almost pointless. She wouldn't want to do almost anything because of the impact on her. Her ability to "fly" is actually a good example. For her body to not be hurt by flying at high speeds and altitudes she does would have to have a fair amount of immunity and/or durability. Otherwise, she would suffocate, her bones break or she freeze.

I think she is immmune to naturally occuring elements once she is attune to the planet like earth for example. But an attack from someone who can produce fire will proably hurt her as it's instantenous and her body doesn't have a chance to adjust to unnatural elements.

One thing i've always wondered though and claremont played with it a bit on other planets and dimensions but how does the weather affect Storm is what i would love to see explored. Like for instance on a calm sunny day is she unusually chill like she just smoked some good weed or if a hurricane Dorian hits is she more angsty/ riled up for a fight. We know her emotions affect the weather but i think it happens both ways if she isn't careful.
    This makes alot of sense and I'd agree with it

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    At this point in her career .. she should be largely immune. Overtime her resistance should be developing into immunity. No more being stunned by tasers. Hell, we kinda got her tanking lightning bolts from Mimic 27 without a SCRATCH
    yea with the taser the only reason I can make that make sense is that skin was actually pierced, but even still she has channelled lightning with higher voltage than you would see with a taser. I know at times Claremont wasnt clear on this topic but I think he made it pretty clear she is immune.

see I dont know if I agree about her being burned by people who produce fire. idie produced flame and she was able to deflect it without being burned. She also told maggot point blank she doesnt burn.

you do bring up an interesting point. I'm ot sure the reverse would be possible though. think about all of the storms that are randomly occurring across the planet each day. if those storms had the ability to affect her emotions she would always be pissed lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Definitely immune. It actually makes more sense for her to be immune to the elements. If not, her powers would be limited to the point of them being almost pointless. She wouldn't want to do almost anything because of the impact on her. Her ability to "fly" is actually a good example. For her body to not be hurt by flying at high speeds and altitudes she does would have to have a fair amount of immunity and/or durability. Otherwise, she would suffocate, her bones break or she freeze.

excellent point and I think I agree with this. thought there are numerous scans that say she is immune to the elements I think some would still argue shes highly resistant. however, I would agree with your analysis.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea with the taser the only reason I can make that make sense is that skin was actually pierced, but even still she has channelled lightning with higher voltage than you would see with a taser. I know at times Claremont wasnt clear on this topic but I think he made it pretty clear she is immune.

see I dont know if I agree about her being burned by people who produce fire. idie produced flame and she was able to deflect it without being burned. She also told maggot point blank she doesnt burn.

you do bring up an interesting point. I'm ot sure the reverse would be possible though. think about all of the storms that are randomly occurring across the planet each day. if those storms had the ability to affect her emotions she would always be pissed lol
    LOL...not according to Byrne whom limited the level of heat she can withstand and manipulate

I dont need her immune but this was just dumb. I think the rationale here was that since she wasnt quite on Earth, her powers didnt work the same way
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-10-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...not according to Byrne whom limited the level of heat she can withstand and manipulate

I dont need her immune but this was just dumb. I think the rationale here was that since she wasnt quite on Earth, her powers didnt work the same way
    Urgh. That was a weird story from the 90s. I vote that we ignore it.

Oh my god this dress. I hated when I first saw and I still do now lol I get the whole incognito thing but it was quite ridiculous. Oh and the hot tub scene with Yukio and Callisto from that run too. Peculiar times.

I just chalk it up to she spent years on earth but didn't have enough time for her body to adjust to the new extremes of this planet. Sort of like how it took her a bit to figure out how to use her powers effectively in the trion( can't remember the name. dimension.)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

excellent point and I think I agree with this. thought there are numerous scans that say she is immune to the elements I think some would still argue shes highly resistant. however, I would agree with your analysis.

I think she was talking about burn from the sun, like sun burn, but then she was directly in the ozone so we do know she can withstand atleast the heat hot enough to evaporate water instantly but heat and fire are different so i don't know. But i do remember her being burned on a few occasions by fire. Though it left no scars or anything.,
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm now of the mind that Storm's protection from the elements come from two parts.

One she projects a short-range psionic force field which automatically comes into being whenever she activates her powers. This force field has limits and certain elemental forces not under Storm's mental control can pentrate it.

Second, her body also automatically adjust to the temperature and energy she controls...adding to her protection.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-10-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Good question on the fire. I recall Legion blasting her with his flame and she was hurt by it but didn’t reflect any physical damage. In general we would think her resistance to heat should be substantial due to her ability to channel lightning through her body (50-60K degrees of heat).

BANNED

I’d say she is Immune to a certain extent. Like:
    If the Human Torch hit her with a Good Does of Nova Flames? She would die quickly.

But any other fire attacks she’d be immune.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-10-2019 at 02:28 PM.

She doesn't burn but she feels pain ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Byrne just didnt like storm being all powerful. he was the same guy who didnt like the fact storm had doom terrifying in fear during roguestorm so he would ultimately retcon that to just being a doombot. nevertheless, Claremont the true authority on all things ororo came back after during the arena clarifying she is immune to the elements so we just ignore all that from byrne.

but luckily and this is the first I'm seeing it, that story was retconned back to it's original storyline:

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4844378.html

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh my god this dress. I hated when I first saw and I still do now lol I get the whole incognito thing but it was quite ridiculous. Oh and the hot tub scene with Yukio and Callisto from that run too. Peculiar times.
    peculiar times indeed.

I just chalk it up to she spent years on earth but didn't have enough time for her body to adjust to the new extremes of this planet. Sort of like how it took her a bit to figure out how to use her powers effectively in the trion( can't remember the name. dimension.)
    I would rather ignore it but your explanation works too.

I think she was talking about burn from the sun, like sun burn, but then she was directly in the ozone so we do know she can withstand atleast the heat hot enough to evaporate water instantly but heat and fire are different so i don't know. But i do remember her being burned on a few occasions by fire. Though it left no scars or anything.,
    she could have been but we know her durability allows her to be immersed in areas that is radioactive and shes been exposed to pure solar radiation without being burned at all. so the question is when we talk about fire what is in it that allows for her to burn? it cant be the heat (as lightning has more energy and this would give off more heat than fire), and light wouldnt burn her either. so that leaves everything else that makes up fire which is primarily gases. and gases hurting her doesnt make sense to me for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good question on the fire. I recall Legion blasting her with his flame and she was hurt by it but didn’t reflect any physical damage. In general we would think her resistance to heat should be substantial due to her ability to channel lightning through her body (50-60K degrees of heat).
    yea channels lightning at is unphased by the temperature while fire burn at approx 1755 k. this is akin to not being hurt by a really sharp knife while bleeding profusely from a plastic fork. But I wanted to get a better understanding of what fire is and this is what I found:

For the most part, fire is a mixture of hot gases. Flames are the result of a chemical reaction, primarily between oxygen in the air and a fuel, such as wood or propane. In addition to other products, the reaction produces carbon dioxide, steam, light, and heat. If the flame is hot enough, the gases are ionized and become yet another state of matter: plasma. Burning a metal, such as magnesium, can ionize the atoms and form plasma. This type of oxidation is the source of the intense light and heat of a plasma torch.

credit: https://www.thoughtco.com/what-state...is-fire-604300

now if we sre to conclude ororo is mistress of the elements and she cannot be directly harmed by them I dont see how this would affect her as fire consists primarily of elements she should be able to control they are just hot.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I’d say she is Immune to a certain extent. Like:
    If the Human Torch hit her with a Good Does of Nova Flames? She would die quickly.

But any other fire attacks she’d be immune.
    how hot does a nova flame get?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!