Page 354 of 662 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 9921
    BANNED

However hot it is, it ain't got nothin on the galactic core.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Which leads me to the next question .. could Storm theoretically make a Star go supernova? With her control over hydrogen atoms I'd say it's not far fetched
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Which leads me to the next question .. could Storm theoretically make a Star go supernova? With her control over hydrogen atoms I'd say it's not far fetched
    with her being confirmed an omega level mutant the possibilities are endless so yes baby yes!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What is this from? Think I'd rather have Eve write a Storm solo than Coates. This one page feels more natural.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What is this from? Think I'd rather have Eve write a Storm solo than Coates. This one page feels more natural.
    It's From Marvel 1000

The Art is from Jen Bartel. It's funny because we've seen her draw that picture of Storm and come to find out it was to be apart of this issue. HAHAHA. This is BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

how does it feel more natural and in what way??

I do love those panels and ororo saving the child after she loss her parents I'm assuming at sea. I wonder was she a migrant from a neighboring country.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-11-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here's a good article talking about the significance of Storm and her leadership as a ground breaking hero.

https://qz.com/1661407/storms-leader...milestone/amp/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That was a really good read.
    One of the few, very objective articles of Storm I've read in a long while. The writer and I both seem to have found Storm...then the X-Men...around the same time and for the same reasons.
    For me...Punk Storm is my definitive Storm, in terms of power and characterization.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-12-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how does it feel more natural and in what way??

I do love those panels and ororo saving the child after she loss her parents I'm assuming at sea. I wonder was she a migrant from a neighboring country.
    Yeah she's supposed to be an immigrant. Riace is in Italy and there have been all kinds of immigrant related situations here. People dying in the sea and all. Riace has been in the news for a bit now because it's one of the main cities "welcoming cities" and the mayor was involved in allowing immigrants in and doing other illicit stuff. I was quite surprised it got on a Marvel comic.

Plus that particular page ended up in a lot of newspapers here, I saw Storm everywhere that day when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Here's a good article talking about the significance of Storm and her leadership as a ground breaking hero.

That was cool, I dont think it could be said enough how underrated her Claremont years are, I'm slowing going through them because I dont want it to be over lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    That was cool, I dont think it could be said enough how underrated her Claremont years are, I'm slowing going through them because I dont want it to be over lol.
    Are they? The Claremont run is the most highly regarded one in X-men history. I really dont think the 80s, when Storm was prominent is underrated at all

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Very nice! Its great to see the impact Storm had & what she still means to so many people. And its not often we get article writer who know their subject matter really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are they? The Claremont run is the most highly regarded one in X-men history. I really dont think the 80s, when Storm was prominent is underrated at all
    I just rarely see her development mentioned as part of the best memories of the time, sometimes LIfedeath will but eh the biased part of me gets a little frustrated when its glossed over. To be clear in terms of Storms history ita not underrated but when the history of the X-Men is talked about I rarely see the fact that they successfully pushed a black woman to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah she's supposed to be an immigrant. Riace is in Italy and there have been all kinds of immigrant related situations here. People dying in the sea and all. Riace has been in the news for a bit now because it's one of the main cities "welcoming cities" and the mayor was involved in allowing immigrants in and doing other illicit stuff. I was quite surprised it got on a Marvel comic.

Plus that particular page ended up in a lot of newspapers here, I saw Storm everywhere that day when it came out.
    Thank you for this information and that's awesome that the writer was able to capture a real world humanitarian issue while incorporating Ororo in a way that helps people understand just how much immigrants risk to seek a better quality of life.

I also love that you saw ororo everywhere once this was released.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    yes the Claremont stuff was really good but unfortunately as they say all good things must come to an end and it most certainly comes to a screeching halt once the 90s and lobdell come into the picture.

Attachment 86981

Been awhile, storm invoking Jean marker drawing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/