Page 563 of 662 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9921

Did Thing really call her out on wearing a wave and then checked her scalp for tracks? Its played off as comedy but Im actually offended by this mess. Which tone deaf creator wrote that mess?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did Thing really call her out on wearing a wave and then checked her scalp for tracks? Its played off as comedy but Im actually offended by this mess. Which tone deaf creator wrote that mess?
    lololol it was actually the late Dewayne McDuffie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Yes, I remember that issue. It was a BP/FF crossover where Ororo and T'Challa replaced Reed and Storm in the FF for a few issues. They were kind of "babysitting" their children and the rest of the team. It was definitely meant to be funny, but I didn't find it funny at all. He literally picked her up by her hair. Her arms were crossed and she looked pissed. T'Challa made some comment about Ben not going there but, I really can't recall exactly what he said.

I do find, though, that when a writer want to emphasize Ororo as a person of color or her "ethnic side," they tend to have her drawn in braids. As we all know, clothing, music, and hair are the easiest ways to depict ones culture. They are also the most shallow and lazy forms of defining culture.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-13-2019 at 12:31 PM.

I actually found it funny. As much as I love Storm, even I gotta admit she drawn/looks like a white woman with her straight hair and blue eyes.

I'm sure Monica and Misty have wonder too.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-13-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The only time I wondered was in the early 90s when she went from being bald headed to having a long mane of hair and there werent story reasons to explain it. She wouldnt be the first X-woman to wear wigs

The only time I wondered was in the early 90s when she went from being bald headed to having a long mane of hair and there werent story reasons to explain it. She wouldnt be the first X-woman to wear wigs
    Its a mutant thing. Lol

I still think Storm needs a BBF (Black Best Friend). At least let her go visit her grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Its a mutant thing. Lol

I still think Storm needs a BBF (Black Best Friend). At least let her go visit her grandparents.
    would misty knight count??

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I would love for Misty to be Storm's BBF.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love for Misty to be Storm's BBF.
    I would say she would be it based upon their interaction in bp&c.

there is also shuri:

LOL! I was literally just about to suggest Misty as Storm's BBF and I was going to use this exact same pic!

What do you all think of this look for Storm:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

that's why I said I have to dig a little bit more for that love. there are thousands of pages and cbr doesnt have the best search function.
    Check out the link below. It's interesting to see who was saying that Storm could be in the next Black Panther movie, almost a thousand pages before the link you posted.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ever!/page3523

As I've stated before I like the way Coates writes Storm in the BP comic. I came across this moment from Coates' The Crew and it gave me the feels..

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As I've stated before I like the way Coates writes Storm in the BP comic. I came across this moment from Coates' The Crew and it gave me the feels..

Yup, this was a good issue in general and the interactions between the two were great. They clearly still loved and cared for each other but didn't know where to begin to make amends or even to reconcile their feelings with their separation. This is when Coates began to rebuild their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Check out the link below. It's interesting to see who was saying that Storm could be in the next Black Panther movie, almost a thousand pages before the link you posted.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ever!/page3523
    well I'm gonna bow out for now and say marvell was right. I cant find the initial discussions I recalled lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    LOL! I was literally just about to suggest Misty as Storm's BBF and I was going to use this exact same pic!

What do you all think of this look for Storm:

I love that look. it reminds me kinda when she had the shaven look in bp&c. and booo great minds think alike lololol!!!

Yes, MK definitely counts. It would be nice to see Ororo with more sistas. She gets some of that with Okoye and Shuri in BP. It's clear she is good friends with each of those women, which I love. BP and the Crew had some great character interactions, not just with Ororo and Misty and Ororo and T'Challa but also with Misty and Luke Cage.