Page 327 of 662 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I don’t know you well enough yet, but let’s try and come to a better understanding of one another, shall we? I’m going on a bit of a tangent, but I’m sure you can keep up. Do YOU personally understand the significance placed on a fully realized dark skinned Storm? Let’s stew on that question for a bit. Would you agree that the person that grapples with the subject without fully understanding the inner workings of colorism and it’s role in perpetuating white supremacy is either ignorant or exceedingly tone deaf?
    I understand where you'r coming from. I know the societal ills that plague minorities/Blacks in America, to this day. (I'm assuming you are Black American...correct me if I'm wrong) I fully understand why you would make the assumptions you do on the motives of X-writers in particular when it comes to highlighting Storm's Blackness (but unless you do speak directly with the writers of the X-Men, past to present...then they are only baseless assumptions).
    But...
    It can be argued that the writers from Claremont to HiX-man (who are ostensibly White, I know) are just here to tell interesting and entertaining stories...as best they can...using the vast cast of characters at hand, and such topics as colourism, Black Love/relationships etc...are: 1. Not at the top of their "must do" story list. 2. Best left to those more knowledgeable and appropriate to expound on such topics (not even Hudlin and Coates have managed to adequately and properly tell those stories...though in all fairness they've made more of an effort than their X-counterparts, perhaps because they're Black and American). 3. Just not interested in telling those stories.
    And keep in mind...
    Black Panther is not under the editorial directive of the X-office. As such, X-Writers aren't obligated to incorporate whatever Coates is doing over in his book (thank the Goddess!) and they shouldn't have to be held accountable. Storm is first and foremost, an integral part of the X-Men mythos but it's not Storm AND her X-Men...It's just the X-Men which encompasses characters of all ages, genders and ethnicities, so to single out Storm as an example of the X-writers having some kind of anti-Black agenda comes across as somewhat overly cynical and conspiratorial on your part.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I understand where you'r coming from. I know the societal ills that plague minorities/Blacks in America, to this day. (I'm assuming you are Black American...correct me if I'm wrong) I fully understand why you would make the assumptions you do on the motives of X-writers in particular when it comes to highlighting Storm's Blackness (but unless you do speak directly with the writers of the X-Men, past to present...then they are only baseless assumptions).
    But...
    It can be argued that the writers from Claremont to HiX-man (who are ostensibly White, I know) are just here to tell interesting and entertaining stories...as best they can...using the vast cast of characters at hand, and such topics as colourism, Black Love/relationships etc...are: 1. Not at the top of their "must do" story list. 2. Best left to those more knowledgeable and appropriate to expound on such topics (not even Hudlin and Coates have managed to adequately and properly tell those stories...though in all fairness they've made more of an effort than their X-counterparts, perhaps because they're Black and American). 3. Just not interested in telling those stories.
    And keep in mind...
    Black Panther is not under the editorial directive of the X-office. As such, X-Writers aren't obligated to incorporate whatever Coates is doing over in his book (thank the Goddess!) and they shouldn't have to be held accountable. Storm is first and foremost, an integral part of the X-Men mythos but it's not Storm AND her X-Men...It's just the X-Men which encompasses characters of all ages, genders and ethnicities, so to single out Storm as an example of the X-writers having some kind of anti-Black agenda comes across as somewhat overly cynical and conspiratorial on your part.
    It's not cynical or conspiratorial its true to form for how media(TV, Film, Comic books, literature) operates in western countries. Part of the problem is that you want a smoking gun where a writer is overtly racist, sexist etc. It doesn't just work like that. Implicit bias is always at work. It is the invisible racist, sexist, homophobic practices which maintains white supremacy and normative logics. Implicit Bias dictates how the writers ( mostly white, mostly male) make stories, who they make as characters, the voice of the characters, how the characters react to things, the lack of Black characters, and the killing of Black male and other men of color characters for no reason.

Why is it that no one has ever said to the fans that ship Jott, that they only want Cyclops and Jean Grey together because they are white. This never happens to white couples in any fandom at anytime. However, anytime people suggest two black characters or in the case of Moonstar and Warpath, two indigenous characters, the very act of them being together in a romantic relationship is pandering. How can it be that only white people can love each other with out it being an issue of pandering?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Implicit Bias dictates how the writers ( mostly white, mostly male) make stories, who they make as characters, the voice of the characters, how the characters react to things, the lack of Black characters, and the killing of Black male and other men of color characters for no reason.

So...just to be clear, (because that's a very blanket statement...you (and others) are accusing ALL X-Men writers from Stan Lee/Kirby to Hickman of the above. Okies.
    Then, I have to ask, why do you (and others) continue to read/support the X-Men?
    Because if I strongly suspected/believed that that's exactly what goes on 'behind the scenes' then I sure as bloody hell won't be spending my hard-earned money on their products.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The last speech bubble says what I said.
    you said you agree with the point they were not together. that scan clearly states otherwise boo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ororo confirmed they were back together in wakanda forever:

Imagine being a centrist in shipping two characters. This is some Parker and MJ nonsense.

Where did this artist even go?
    "Cable was right!"

you said you agree with the point they were not together. that scan clearly states otherwise boo.
    We as the readers know, but anytime somebody in universe ask either of them would use an open ended confirmation. And I understand why non solo writers do it. If at anytime Marvel deciedes to change the story, editorial can point to those moments and say nothing was "officially" confirmed. If its not confirmed on FB its not real. lol

Just gonna quit school and work so I can keep up the posts here...lol.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-29-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    No. I don’t believe the day will come where we no longer have to ask these questions. I think X-men Gold is clear proof of this. There’s a good compare and contrast that happens there that doesn’t get much attention. Kitty’s character was disrespected without question and the outrage was understandable. The artist in question knew exactly what he was doing and the messages he sent with the start of that series. Fast forward many issues down the line and Storm is then assaulted by the American flag. The context of that scene is very much along the same lines of the incident with Kitty. This time the artist wasn’t to blame, the writer made that scene what it was. Those two scenes didn’t receive the same energy though. Ask yourself why?

I think it’s worth mentioning that YOU are the only one that felt someone and their beliefs were under attack. The question was asked why Storm needs to be with a black man? A few different people gave their response. The implied “hotepery” that simmered just below the surface of that question wasn’t taken as an attack by those that sought to give a better understanding. No one was forced to change their beliefs and they certainly weren’t made to silence themselves in the face of opposing viewpoints. The brand of race politics that comes along with Storm’s character was never a fun topic tbh. If it was such a fun and lighthearted topic, we’d probably see more of it in the X-men books that she’s part of. It gets avoided because of its touchy nature. Many will disagree. That’s the name of the game. But not a soul was made to feel that their opinion was less than. That’s something you felt on your own.

I can only assume that Storm’s racial politics and the part they play in HER narrative in the X-men books is a bit too touchy. I get it. I guess I’ll change my questions to you. The gist is still the same though. What would be your response if I asked you if Storm could make it rain on the sun? With you and I being quite educated on her powers, how likely are you to engage me on a serious note? You and I both know that “coronal rain” (rain from the sun) ends up becoming solar winds that Storm is capable of manipulating. So how likely are you to take my question seriously and fire back with a response, fully intent of convincing of your answer? It’s not about whether or not you take me seriously personally. Do you take the question seriously and are you likely to put much energy into convincing me what should be pretty common knowledge? Hopefully no one feels attacked by that. And the topic is much more lighthearted than her role as the token in the X-men.

You sound like a Storm fan through and through. lolol

While I’m in total agreement with you here, I highly doubt that was directed at you or Stormphoenix.

You just said what many of the fans of the relationship have been requesting for years. Marvel #1000 was absolutely beautiful. I think it’s all the anticipation for a potential Storm solo, but Jen Bartel’s Storm just gets me giddy in way that I can’t quite explain. I’m just ready to see her name as the lead artist for a Storm centered title. I need it in my life.
    1. Yes I recall the outrage by many due to the insulting images to the Jewish community. The response from marvel.was swift. However, I definitely didnt see the same kind of outrage from the imagery of her being impaled by the American flag or her being shackled by chains. I think Americans have become desensitized by the bombardment oof such images to the point when people do raise valid concerns those grievances are looked upon as playing the victim. it's actually quite disheartening and frustrating. people had more outrage at her appearing in Black Panther and the Crew than what was just described. Troubling right?

2. Of course I wouldnt take such a question from you seriously but we know the intent behind those who do, which is quite ironic because in an attempt to make us look silly they ultimately make themselves look that way. But oh are you right about her being the token. We are not even going to get into how the very few other black mutant females, such as Monet, are consistently whitewashed to the point you forget they are even black (see hox issue 3 for the most recent example of this).
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

[
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "even if it is in secret"

"uncertainty, I don't know what our future holds"

Marvel is hanging in the middle with the relationship until they see what the MCU does about Storm and T'challa.
    I think they have an idea. remember hudlin himself said the relationship was ended because marvel didnt have the movie rights. fast forward to a few years back coates puts him ororo where some said it was silly because in the movie he was with nakia. and then boom, its announced the xmen are coming back to marvel. I say that to simply say these offices know more than what they give off.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I need to quit work. it took all my willpower not to chime in today lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Imagine being a centrist in shipping two characters. This is some Parker and MJ nonsense.

Where did this artist even go?
    what do you mean? how is it the same? and not sure about the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We as the readers know, but anytime somebody in universe ask either of them would use an open ended confirmation. And I understand why non solo writers do it. If at anytime Marvel deciedes to change the story, editorial can point to those moments and say nothing was "officially" confirmed. If its not confirmed on FB its not real. lol
    well I call that all bull to people who say such things. implicit or explicit its canon and was actually confirmed way back in black Panthers first season under Coates. the references in xmen red, hunt for wolverine, wakanda forever, black panther, Shuri (I believe) all point to the fact that they are very important to one another beyond simply just friends. title or not I dont think this is something anyone can deny.

Cville touched on it. There just isn’t a panel where they explicit state they are an item and what they are to each other. Not that they have to be anything official in order for their relationship to be explored/acknowledged in the x-books. No one could deny them as a couple. The vague acknowledgments are definitely by design to make it clear they are together without an official title but I think it would probably be acknowledged more once/if it becomes official.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 08-29-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Heres the X-men Red scene I was referring to. Its confirmation enough for me at least

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So, what you think your Too Cool for School!!!

Come here Boy so I can beat box that A%#. Get yo butt in school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So, what you think your Too Cool for School!!!

Come here Boy so I can beat box that A%#. Get yo butt in school.
    That made me chuckle

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Heres the X-men Red scene I was referring to. Its confirmation enough for me at least
    I forgot about this scan. Still it would be lovely to see Marvel give their repaired relationship even half the push that they gave it back when it first premiered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Cville touched on it. There just isn’t a panel where they explicit state they are an item and what they are to each other. Not that they have to be anything official in order for their relationship to be explored/acknowledged in the x-books. No one could deny them as a couple. The vague acknowledgments are definitely by design to make it clear they are together without an official title but I think it would probably be acknowledged more once/if it becomes official.
    the panel where rogue ask are they back together even if it's a secret and ororo says it's not secret isnt confirmation? why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

yes the xoffices are not as explicit. they did something similar in hunt for wolverine when ororo looked longingly at a panther trinket and referred to "family." In shuri she was warping the weather due to sadness because her "love" was in soace: