Page 605 of 662 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wanna see the thunderclaps too xd
    Here is one of them...she clapped them into next week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Yes to receipts, and I love that Wilson made your list. Her brief arc is underrated, and her Storm was everything. She was both goddess and mortal, struggling with grief, physical injury, and claustrophobia while still giving us all that power and her signature steely resolve. I wanted more!
    Yes! Those are the stories for Storm that resonates strongly with me. I felt like she explored Storm in a way that we rarely see and in such a relatable way that showed her strength and vulnerability. And she highlighted the familial sisterly bond between the X-Women (not just catty or sassy moments but also the pain they felt at the possibility of losing each other). I really enjoyed her arc and wish she could return for a new all female run (or a run with all the characters of color at the fore front).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Yes! Those are the stories for Storm that resonates strongly with me. I felt like she explored Storm in a way that we rarely see and in such a relatable way that showed her strength and vulnerability. And she highlighted the familial sisterly bond between the X-Women (not just catty or sassy moments but also the pain they felt at the possibility of losing each other). I really enjoyed her arc and wish she could return for a new all female run (or a run with all the characters of color at the fore front).
    Thanks! Love that big BOOM onomatopoeia. She needs to do a Hulk pose thunderclap against some superhumanly strong villain or in a H2H fight.

BANNED

I don't see it. How is that a Thunderclap???

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't see it. How is that a Thunderclap???
    You've never heard a clap of thunder?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

that cover was epic but for me it was because of Psylocke. Thats one of her best

This was exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for posting. I forgot to do it when I got home yesterday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    You've never heard a clap of thunder?
    Yes, I have. But not that type of clap of Thunder.

I'm talking about Storm using hands like Hulk's Thunderclap.

Yeah I thought it was like that too lol it'd be a nice move in close combat.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thunderclap is just sound accompanied with lightning. the sound of the wave is due to the lightning disrupting the air around it faster than the speed of sound. nevertheless, hulk has to literally clap his hands together to create that effect. ororo doesnt need to as she can simply generate the effect as she would any other weather effect.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-26-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I thought it was like that too lol it'd be a nice move in close combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thunderclap is just sound accompanied with lightning. the sound of the wave is due to the lightning disrupting the air around it faster than the speed of sound. nevertheless, hulk has to literally clap his hands together to create that effect. ororo doesnt need to as she can simply generate the effect as she would any other weather effect.
    I know about that. LOL But I wasn't talking about that.

I'm referencing Storm doing the motion of what Hulk does.

Ah gotcha. I’ve never seen her clap like Hulk. She did perform a thunder punch In XXM. I’ll find the scan.

oh gurl a goddess doesnt need to do trifle with such things to create the same effect. lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yep. It’s time for us to see the receipts. The only writers I’ve read interviews that pertained to Storm and actually delivered was Claremont, Scott Gray, Sumerak, Wilson, Wood (he was a mixed bag) and Pak. Oh and last but certainly not least - Coates.
    what stories did sumerak and gray write? but I agree. enough of lip service. where are the receipts??

Haha too many to post but here are a few of them:

these are all very lovely covers. the last one is one of my fave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    TIL The Uncanny X-Men (1989, NES) presents Storm as having below-average power, average endurance, below-average speed, and average willpower.

Not shocked. For the longest times the Marvel's cards and handbook had her powers only effecting a limited area. Even though she had continent wide feats.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh gurl a goddess doesnt need to do trifle with such things to create the same effect. lolol
    I mean, she doesn't need to, but it'd be cool as heck hahaha. Imagine someone big like the Thing or the Hulk going at her and ¡clap! 1000 miles away and bleeding hears.