Page 438 of 662 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 9921
  1. #6556
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's powers definitely allow for magnetic field manipulation that would allow her to do anything that Magneto has done. It is more a matter of the writers desire to keep their power sets separate(whereas her power should subsume his entirely with extra stuff on the side), and moreso, a matter of, classically, Magneto being a team-level threat, and Storm just being a team member(if not leader). All of Claremont's classic battles between them spelled out in plain English she was more powerful than him, she was just holding back because she didn't want to kill him.

    All thunderstorms[in real life] produce powerful, giant, magnetic fields. Storm has opened the magnetosphere of the earth to invite in solar radiation. She has used EM force to create lava channels and magnetic vortexes. She was able to erase a digital camera's memory card while not destroying the entire camera itself(a very good example of her 'sniper' capacity). She can go down to the electron level(which makes her a sub-atomic level manipulator) at the small scale, and galactic/dimensional at the grand scale. This is all in the canon.
    ok for the evidence from canon to counter the points about her not being a sniper !!!!! lol you also make an excellent point regarding her being more powerful than magneto. I think it is often times forgotten for the very reason you mentioned with magneto being a team buster.

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Really they should just separate the teams more according to powerlevels, so that each book has characters in the same bracket, so to speak. Put Kitty and Wolverine and Cyclops together with Beast and Gambit or whatever. Put Iceman and Jean and Storm on a team with Magneto and Exodus or whatever. Let the street levelers fight ninjas and gun-toting humans, let the Omegas shape worlds and fight Heralds.
    right?? these mutants are supposed to be the most powerful but they cant handle a few humans with guns. makes no sense to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #6557
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's powers definitely allow for magnetic field manipulation that would allow her to do anything that Magneto has done.
    If that were true she would have taken care of the Breakworld bullet herself. Or at least saved Kitty from it once the crisis was averted.

  3. #6558
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If that were true she would have taken care of the Breakworld bullet herself. Or at least saved Kitty from it once the crisis was averted.
    I think her ability to manipulate EM fields is limited because she doesn't use it as much as Magneto. Other than creating lightning and creating EM fields, she doesn't have the years of experience of controlling EM fields like Magneto.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  4. #6559
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    And this whole conversation is why I ask which power of Storm's power is Omega.

    If I remember correctly one power is what makes a mutant Omega. Saying Storm's Weather Manipulation is Omega is cool but there's a shit load of stuff that happens when creating storm.

    Pluz, She shown that certain parts of her weather manipulation has limits.
    which parts has she shown has limits? and I think with weather it's a umbrella that would encompass all associated phenomena such as wind, rain, temperate, energy such as plasma, electromagnetic forces, etc. I dont think it's one specific aspect because in that case they would have just said just said she is an omega lightning manipulator or something like that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #6560
    Spectacular Member STORM1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    which parts has she shown has limits? and I think with weather it's a umbrella that would encompass all associated phenomena such as wind, rain, temperate, energy such as plasma, electromagnetic forces, etc. I dont think it's one specific aspect because in that case they would have just said just said she is an omega lightning manipulator or something like that.
    I’m inclined to agree here. Also, are those limits self-imposed or truly established limits? I like that weather manipulation is being applied broadly because it allows for flexibility from Hickman or another writer to explore what undefined limits with that power set (and all of the elemental forces that fall under this purview) really means.

  6. #6561
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I was having a discussion with someone about her ability to manipulate the EM spectrum and basically have the capability to do everything Magneto can so it's good to get more incite, they where even saying it's a baseless assumption. Since I dont have enough personal knowledge on that area I was wondering if my thinking didn't completely connect until now, but then again they've also looked at all the evidence of her being a Goddess and at best thinks it has something to do with her mystical capabilities without being a true one.
    I would assume so. Storm has demonstrated the ability to manipulate gamma rays on a global scale. Electromagnetic radiation is classified according to the frequency of its wave. One classification would be gamma rays. Using a combination of gamma radiation and kinetic energy Storm was able to deflect solar flares from the sun.

    Another form of electromagnetic radiation is Radiant energy. It can take the form of visible waves – which is what we call light energy – or invisible waves such as radio waves or x-rays. The Sun produces radiant energy and Storm can manipulate this energy. Storm was able to manipulate the radiant energy from the solar corona of the sun and convert it to solar winds to fly in space as well as created a 12 force gale to destroy a sentinel backed by the full power of the sun.

    How about the fact that she can create an Aurora Borealis?
    Aurora borealis are caused by electromagnetic radiation that interacts with our atmosphere. Storm created a global Aurora Borealis because she was grieving over Wolverine's death. So the fact that she can perform this amazing feat (which btw covers the entire EM spectrum) including the other feats I mentioned, refutes any argument doubters present.

    But I must say, the most impressive feat Storm ever displayed, which trumps anything Magneto did, was summoning the full power of an entire galactic core within herself to stop a brood transformation.
    4387443-5108646035-74718.jpg
    4170658-0766652106-41637.jpg
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.

  7. #6562
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If that were true she would have taken care of the Breakworld bullet herself. Or at least saved Kitty from it once the crisis was averted.
    The fact that they don't have her moving bridges or stopping bullets is because that would be copying Magneto. But in X-Treme X-Men #38, Strom created an electromagnetic field which allowed her to attract the metal knives Calisto threw at her.

    Again, it goes back to the writers and what they want from Storm. Generally she would just flash freeze the metal objects to shatter them. Or destroy them with a bolt of lightning, which I think lacks creativity. I wish they had Storm do more with magnetism instead of having her rely on lightning and wind attacks, without overstepping into Magneto's territory. Hopefully there will be a situation at some point that will lead to her needing to use it.
    7067631-screenshot_20181230-140817_comics.jpg
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Error correction

  8. #6563
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think her ability to manipulate EM fields is limited because she doesn't use it as much as Magneto. Other than creating lightning and creating EM fields, she doesn't have the years of experience of controlling EM fields like Magneto.
    The problem again, goes back to the writers. If Storm didn't have the ability to control EM energy, then she would not be able to produce them, generate them from her body, channel lightning bolts, or even be within an atmosphere containing raw energy that is 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun, because that would instantly kill her.

    Storm is not limited by her ability to manipulate EM energy. Storm has shown decent control over charge particles. She can see electrons and direct where she wants the current to go via electrokinesis. The mechanics behind magnetism wouldn't be difficult for her to pull off since she has demonstrated the ability to generate electromagnetic fields with ease. So at this point it is really up to the creativity of the writer. If I was writing her, you best bet that I would include magnetism in Storm's arsenal.
    Attachment 88240
    Attachment 88241
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 09:53 PM.

  9. #6564
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I’m inclined to agree here. Also, are those limits self-imposed or truly established limits? I like that weather manipulation is being applied broadly because it allows for flexibility from Hickman or another writer to explore what undefined limits with that power set (and all of the elemental forces that fall under this purview) really means.
    I'm going to go with self imposed ones. we've seen what happens when she goes beyond that the more infamous one being roguestorm. and agreed to what you mentioned. this allows for nothing that was stated in the past to be contradicted while allowing for future writers to expound upon other aspects of this as you mentioned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #6565
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Classic trading card art by David DeVries from Fleer Marvel Masterpieces - E-Motion Signature Series #94, Storm (1995):





    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-13-2019 at 09:09 PM.

  11. #6566
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    I would assume so. Storm has demonstrated the ability to manipulate gamma rays on a global scale. Electromagnetic radiation is classified according to the frequency of its wave. One classification would be gamma rays. Using a combination of gamma radiation and kinetic energy Storm was able to deflect solar flares from the sun.

    Another form of electromagnetic radiation is Radiant energy. It can take the form of visible waves – which is what we call light energy – or invisible waves such as radio waves or x-rays. The Sun produces radiant energy and Storm has can manipulate this energy. Storm was able to manipulate the radiant energy from the solar corona of the sun and convert it to solar winds to fly in space as well as created a 12 force gale to destroy a sentinel backed by the full power of the sun.

    How about the fact that she can create an Aurora Borealis?
    Aurora borealis are caused by electromagnetic radiation that interacts with our atmosphere. Storm created a global Aurora Borealis because she was grieving over Wolverine's death. So the fact that she can perform this amazing feat (which btw covers the entire EM spectrum) including the other feats I mentioned, refutes any argument doubters present.

    But I must say, the most impressive feat Storm ever displayed, which trumps anything Magneto did, was summoning the full power of an entire galactic core within herself to stop a brood transformation.
    4387443-5108646035-74718.jpg
    4170658-0766652106-41637.jpg
    you talking about this took me back to when skrull storm fought gladiator. I would love to see her use these aspects of her powers more versus just shooting lightning:

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #6567
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    The fact that they don't have her moving bridges or stopping bullets is because that would be copying Magneto. But in X-Treme X-Men #38, Strom created an electromagnetic field which allowed her to attract the metal knives Calisto threw at her.

    Again, it goes back to the writers and what they want from Storm. Generally she would just flash freeze the metal objects to shatter them. Or destroy them with a bolt of lightning, which I think lacks creativity. I wish they had Storm do more with magnetism instead of having her rely on lightning and wind attacks, without overstepping into Magneto's territory. Hopefully there will be a situation at some point that will lead to her needing to use it.
    7067631-screenshot_20181230-140817_comics.jpg
    wait a minute. did she actually attract the blades or did she wind to block them?? how its drawn makes it difficult to tell.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #6568
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait a minute. did she actually attract the blades or did she wind to block them?? how its drawn makes it difficult to tell.
    It was magnetism that compelled those metal blades towards Storm. It wasn't wind. Look at the pannel below.

  14. #6569
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you talking about this took me back to when skrull storm fought gladiator. I would love to see her use these aspects of her powers more versus just shooting lightning:

    I never knew about this. What happened in the next pannel?

  15. #6570
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    It was magnetism that compelled those metal blades towards Storm. It wasn't wind. Look at the pannel below.
    omg!!! so she has canonically used electromagnetism to attract metal. when I look at the writer though it was Claremont who fully understands her abilities. thanks for sharing
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •