Page 473 of 662 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 9921
  1. #7081
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly...
    Aaah!
    Storm's attitude make sense, now. (I wasn't into all the garbage that was spewed prior to HoX).
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  2. #7082
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    jealousy? Storm is loved and respected among the X-men and the others at the time largely tolerated her bc of Scott. You had other women openly disrespecting her like Kitty, Rachel and Psylocke, all of whom are close to Storm. Storm was also Jean's best friend and she knows she did wrong which added to the tension between them. Emma felt like an outsider and I think her shade was her own defense mechanism
    yea it does seem a lot would stem from jealousy but Emma has so much power and wealth. would she really only be jealous of the relationships she has formed with the other xwomen?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Because Storm naturally has what Emma has had to lie, steal, and pay for. She doesn’t see the orphan who had to fight for everything. She sees the goddess born with looks and charisma and power.
    you better say all of this!! i guess when you look at it like that I could understand her resentment. do you think that any of it has to do with racism? maybe the idea she is this white wealthy woman and ororo, being black, makes it an even bigger blow to her ego?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #7083
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea it does seem a lot would stem from jealousy but Emma has so much power and wealth. would she really only be jealous of the relationships she has formed with the other xwomen?



    you better say all of this!! i guess when you look at it like that I could understand her resentment. do you think that any of it has to do with racism? maybe the idea she is this white wealthy woman and ororo, being black, makes it an even bigger blow to her ego?
    You've your telepaths mixed up, thats Jean who wanted to turn Storm into her house slave.

    Storm controls the weather and was married to a King of a very resourceful country. She is an asset.
    Emma is collecting assets for a power move. No idea that move is at this point in time

  4. #7084
    Spectacular Member STORM1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. Storm can provide water to amplify Bobby's powers and Pyro can melt his ice to help amplify Storm's abilities. I want to see something like this for a triple combo attack where they loop back and forth
    Didnít Storm already change liquid to gas (Hydroman) and ice to liquid (XXM issue before the arena) on her own? Controlling the state of water is part of her power set so Pyro and Bobby arenít needed. Iíd rather see Duggan really differentiate their abilities without writing them down, but also find a creative way to combine them. Absolute Zero and cryokinesis for Bobby, make a pyro a full on pyrokinetic like Crystal (create and control) and Storm as an atmokinetic that encompasses aerokinesis,hydrokinesis,thermokinesis,electrokine sis, EM and pressure gradients control.

  5. #7085
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea it does seem a lot would stem from jealousy but Emma has so much power and wealth. would she really only be jealous of the relationships she has formed with the other xwomen?
    with all the wealth and power she has, she is a rather lonely woman. Outside of her occasional students and Scott, whom does she really have? I think stuff like that bothers her more than she lets on

    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Didnít Storm already change liquid to gas (Hydroman) and ice to liquid (XXM issue before the arena) on her own? Controlling the state of water is part of her power set so Pyro and Bobby arenít needed. Iíd rather see Duggan really differentiate their abilities without writing them down, but also find a creative way to combine them. Absolute Zero and cryokinesis for Bobby, make a pyro a full on pyrokinetic like Crystal (create and control) and Storm as an atmokinetic that encompasses aerokinesis,hydrokinesis,thermokinesis,electrokine sis, EM and pressure gradients control.
    yes and Bobby himself has changed the state of liquid on his own as well but it would be a way to have all 3 work in unison, which I think would be cool.

  6. #7086
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you better say all of this!! i guess when you look at it like that I could understand her resentment. do you think that any of it has to do with racism? maybe the idea she is this white wealthy woman and ororo, being black, makes it an even bigger blow to her ego?
    Racism is ingrained in our system, so it certainly should inform this to some degree even if it’s just a “how are you there while I’m stuck here with all the barriers you’ve faced and all the privilege I’ve had?” kind of thing.

  7. #7087
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You've your telepaths mixed up, thats Jean who wanted to turn Storm into her house slave.

    Storm controls the weather and was married to a King of a very resourceful country. She is an asset.
    Emma is collecting assets for a power move. No idea that move is at this point in time


    I wasnt expecting thst about Jean lolol.


    and I agree with her being an asset and nothing more.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #7088
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Didnít Storm already change liquid to gas (Hydroman) and ice to liquid (XXM issue before the arena) on her own? Controlling the state of water is part of her power set so Pyro and Bobby arenít needed. Iíd rather see Duggan really differentiate their abilities without writing them down, but also find a creative way to combine them. Absolute Zero and cryokinesis for Bobby, make a pyro a full on pyrokinetic like Crystal (create and control) and Storm as an atmokinetic that encompasses aerokinesis,hydrokinesis,thermokinesis,electrokine sis, EM and pressure gradients control.
    I feel like pyrokinesis should be well whitin Ororo's range of abilities if she ever bothered to flex her muscles at it.
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  9. #7089
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Racism is ingrained in our system, so it certainly should inform this to some degree even if itís just a ďhow are you there while Iím stuck here with all the barriers youíve faced and all the privilege Iíve had?Ē kind of thing.
    very good point. I would love to see that explored a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    with all the wealth and power she has, she is a rather lonely woman. Outside of her occasional students and Scott, whom does she really have? I think stuff like that bothers her more than she lets on


    yes and Bobby himself has changed the state of liquid on his own as well but it would be a way to have all 3 work in unison, which I think would be cool.
    well that's by design she created the interactions she has. I dont feel sorry her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #7090
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    729

    Default

    have you guys ever attempted a list of the periodic table elements storm should be able to control?
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  11. #7091
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,032

    Default

    Storm controls forces of nature so she really should be able to control the Phoenix Force

  12. #7092
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm controls forces of nature so she really should be able to control the Phoenix Force
    that's mostly an abstract force of reality, being sentient I don't think anyone could ever really control it, tap into the force it's what its users usually do
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  13. #7093
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm controls forces of nature so she really should be able to control the Phoenix Force
    My #headcanon says the Phoenix is wary of Storm because she more than anyone would have the restraint to keep it in check.

  14. #7094
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    have you guys ever attempted a list of the periodic table elements storm should be able to control?
    ooh this is a good question. honestly seeing that all.elements possess electrons she should be able to control them all.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #7095
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    I don't know about you guys, but I think Fearless Acknowledge Storm's Godhood. Or I could be wrong. What ya'll think does this count????

    The Invisible Woman says: "Most People don't argue with Literal Goddesses..."

    RCO009_1571863275 (1).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-23-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •