Page 453 of 662 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Dialogue was a bit stiff but the characterisation was good overall.

My issue with it is that (beyond the Grey-Summers moon settlement / and the Orchis cliffhanger) it didn't really add much to the story of HOX/POX.

I hope this doesn't mean that the run is going to be super decompressed :/
    yes I was hoping the issue was going to be a lot better than it was but I'm willing to give it a chance. it also seems the live triangle storyline between ligan/jean/cyclops is back too **sigh**.

I guess that's a good thing. keep Logan far away from ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's a lot to unpack, and I have several speculations swimming inside my head in relation to Storm. I think I see where Hickman is going with this.

I will elaborate later--if I'm not too lazy. :P

Issue was meh to me. I was expecting something like Jim Lee and Claremont's X-Men #1. It wasn't like that at all. I felt Storm's characterization was a bit off too. However, I LOVED seeing her and Cyclops run around fighting together. It reminded me of Orphan's End from X-Men: The Animated Series. I'd really like to see these two have more interaction and team ups!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    There's a lot to unpack, and I have several speculations swimming inside my head in relation to Storm. I think I see where Hickman is going with this.

I will elaborate later--if I'm not too lazy. :P
    please expound I want the full scoop!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Issue was meh to me. I was expecting something like Jim Lee and Claremont's X-Men #1. It wasn't like that at all. I felt Storm's characterization was a bit off too. However, I LOVED seeing her and Cyclops run around fighting together. It reminded me of Orphan's End from X-Men: The Animated Series. I'd really like to see these two have more interaction and team ups!
    you know that's so funny I was just describing this issue to a friend and "meh" was the exact description I used for the issue. I'm curious as to why there has been a few references to her being overworked. I wonder what's up with that.

Loved it, Hickman really gets Storm. I was worried since she sounded a lot like her TAS version that she was going to be all speeches without much humanization but he writes her as strong and vulnerable at the same time somehow perfectly.

so after discussing with some very knowledgeable storm friends/fans I'm going to recant my statement about the issue. it was spectacular and it was as such because on one thing alone. We got Ororo being a bonafide energy manipulator and I didnt even realize it. Ororo was containing the massive amounts of energy the two mutant kids were giving off and didnt want leave Cecelia until she was sure their energy would be of no harm to anyone.

It seems ole' Hickman is a true storm fan like Claremontian level fan. Kudos my friend well played!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so after discussing with some very knowledgeable storm friends/fans I'm going to recant my statement about the issue. it was spectacular and it was as such because on one thing alone. We got Ororo being a bonafide energy manipulator and I didnt even realize it. Ororo was containing the massive amounts of energy the two mutant kids were giving off and didnt want leave Cecelia until she was sure their energy would be of no harm to anyone.

It seems ole' Hickman is a true storm fan like Claremontian level fan. Kudos my friend well played!!!
    Yaaaaaaaasssssssssss! I’m not the only one hat picked up in that. The gurls can all eat their hearts out! Bonafide energy manipulator! You better say that. I was under the impression that she was simply monitoring the energy output. But in a second and third read through, it became all the more obvious that Cyclops is cautioning Storm against burning herself out. And Cece makes sure to thank Ororo for the assistance. I don’t know about you, but I get the sense that Hickman is a fucking stan of the one true Hadari Yao. So, naturally, I stan!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Loved it, Hickman really gets Storm. I was worried since she sounded a lot like her TAS version that she was going to be all speeches without much humanization but he writes her as strong and vulnerable at the same time somehow perfectly.
    yea I liked he was able to show the complexities of her character all in one issue.

her characterization I thought was nice.

oan I love how magneto constantly refers to himself as a God. it took me back to a convo he had long ago with ororo and in hindsight it seems like he was envious of this. now is his moment to finally be what Ororo always was.

the idea of gods now have me wondering or thinking Hickman may actually explore what coates has within his book about storms godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Yaaaaaaaasssssssssss! I’m not the only one hat picked up in that. The gurls can all eat their hearts out! Bonafide energy manipulator! You better say that. I was under the impression that she was simply monitoring the energy output. But in a second and third read through, it became all the more obvious that Cyclops is cautioning Storm against burning herself out. And Cece makes sure to thank Ororo for the assistance. I don’t know about you, but I get the sense that Hickman is a fucking stan of the one true Hadari Yao. So, naturally, I stan!

bissssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!! do you not understand when I read over and it finally hit me what was going on how happy that made me???? Hickman is showing us what it means to be an omega level mutant. sensing those massive energy and containing in so that Cecilia could analyze the children is just AMAZING!!! There wasnt "there is no weather and therefore my powers dont work" bull we've gotten from so many writers prior to him. I'm here for this and I have the same feeling you do so I'm stanning as well bish!!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2019 at 11:17 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is that Uncanny X-Men First Class?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is that Uncanny X-Men First Class?
    no that's from xmen unlimited issue 39.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

bissssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!! do you not understand when I read over and it finally hit me what was going on how happy that made me???? Hickman is showing us what it means to be an omega level mutant. sensing those massive energy and containing in so that Cecilia could analyze the children is just AMAZING!!! There wasnt "there is no weather and therefore my powers dont work" bull we've gotten from so many writers prior to him. I'm here for this and I have the same feeling you do so I'm stanning as well bish!!!!
    I don’t think you understand just how serious this roller coaster of emotions is that I just went through. I was completely GAGGING at the realization. I honestly couldn’t catch my breath for a second. I started choking and that led to me ugly crying. I almost died and I couldn’t have been happier. Storm feats are like crack! They make me itch and my inner fanboy tries to get loose. The subtlety of it all is what really killed me. There are no really grand gestures from her. She’s not even the one that keeps proclaiming herself as a new god (very much in line with her characterization under Coates), she still wants to be a woman. She just a mutant woman that happens to be one of the biggest powerhouses on the planet.

Dark Phoenix Saga Variant with Storm on it...

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I don’t think you understand just how serious this roller coaster of emotions is that I just went through. I was completely GAGGING at the realization. I honestly couldn’t catch my breath for a second. I started choking and that led to me ugly crying. I almost died and I couldn’t have been happier. Storm feats are like crack! They make me itch and my inner fanboy tries to get loose. The subtlety of it all is what really killed me. There are no really grand gestures from her. She’s not even the one that keeps proclaiming herself as a new god (very much in line with her characterization under Coates), she still wants to be a woman. She just a mutant woman that happens to be one of the biggest powerhouses on the planet.

lmfao bish not the ugly crying lolol. yes and you better preach about those storm feats. I can't get enough of them. they could exist in every panel of an issue and it still wouldnt be enough!! and agreed. you make an exceptional point. for her it's not about people recognizing her as the huge power, its about what she can do with her power to uplift people. I love this so very much about her.