Page 606 of 662 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha too many to post but here are a few of them:

Storm is serving face! Yes ma'am!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, she doesn't need to, but it'd be cool as heck hahaha. Imagine someone big like the Thing or the Hulk going at her and ¡clap! 1000 miles away and bleeding hears.
    oh how I would love to see that. honestly I would rather see anything other than her spamming lightning all the time lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh how I would love to see that. honestly I would rather see anything other than her spamming lightning all the time lol.
    I hope she does something cool with either water or ice. Overlooked part of her powers.

I hope she does something cool with either water or ice. Overlooked part of her powers.
    they did a couple of cool things since hox started. she created Jean's face my "waterbending" and she controlled the wave to propel the boat she was on in maurauders ll these were cute but I agree it's been very under utilized.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

they did a couple of cool things since hox started. she created Jean's face my "waterbending" and she controlled the wave to propel the boat she was on in maurauders ll these were cute but I agree it's been very under utilized.
    Yeah the water face was so cool. Fine control feat.

Imagine what her and Bobby could do together against an enemy fleet.

it woumd be devastating. when you thing about the kind of power those two alone possess they could wipe off all life on the planet. for humans I can understand their fears regarding mutants.

BANNED

oh gurl a goddess doesnt need to do trifle with such things to create the same effect. lolol
    Why NOT?? That's actually pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ah gotcha. I’ve never seen her clap like Hulk. She did perform a thunder punch In XXM. I’ll find the scan.
    Yes, a Thunder Punch I do remember her doing. Actually twice.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Why NOT?? That's actually pretty cool.

well one the only reason hill can clap his hands and create a thunderclap us because of his strength. technically ororo solely clapping wouldnt create such an effect unless she manipulated the weather. so why would she go through the effort of gesturing when can do it with her mind?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The best example of this kinda thing would be that time she beat up those slavers post X-treme in Claremont's Uncanny X-Men(she had those tigers, art by Bachelo). She kicked and punched them with extra umph from her winds/thunder(and then had that one guy get 'eaten' by the 'cloud monsters').
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The best example of this kinda thing would be that time she beat up those slavers post X-treme in Claremont's Uncanny X-Men(she had those tigers, art by Bachelo). She kicked and punched them with extra umph from her winds/thunder(and then had that one guy get 'eaten' by the 'cloud monsters').
    you talking about this beloved:

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Its becoming incredibly difficult to say this lady shouldn't be Storm.
    https://twitter.com/QueenAndSlim/sta...62841184641029

The grace, the look, the eyes.....at a table reading. I felt it. Just like Daniel did.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its becoming incredibly difficult to say this lady shouldn't be Storm.
    https://twitter.com/QueenAndSlim/sta...62841184641029

The grace, the look, the eyes.....at a table reading. I felt it. Just like Daniel did.
    Ummm after watching the video im thinking who is he talking about. No offense but all i saw was old and or basic but i didn't see Storm anywhere in the clip. Do you know the actress name so i can google to see who you may have been referring to? Cause just from the video i didn't think Ororo at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

what stories did sumerak and gray write? but I agree. enough of lip service. where are the receipts??.
    Mark Sumerak wrote Ororo: Before the Storm. I liked his mini a lot. Storm was charismatic, compassionate and strong, he knew her history (her royal bloodline) and demonstrated her natural talents for leadership and combat.

Scott Gray wrote UXM First Class. He too knew his Storm history (i.e. training in combat with T’Challa), highlighted her burgeoning relationship with Jean, was very creative with her powers and showed how formidable she is (with and without powers).

I would love this. And if Duggan goes this route I would also hope he highlights how their powers differ vs overlapping too much. Like have Bobby dive into ocean become a massive ice golem or create one while Storm manipulates the water to create a massive whirlpool to pound a fleet and then flash-freeze the pool with ice spikes coming out that stabs through the hulls and strands the fleet in place. Or Storm super heats the water and air to bathe targets in scalding steam.Or have Bobby turn into mist and just beats the **** out of a bunch a goons with ice fists popping out of the mist randomly (his conciousness and fine control being every where at the same time). I think there is a lot they can do with just their temperature and water manipulation alone.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 11-26-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ummm after watching the video im thinking who is he talking about. No offense but all i saw was old and or basic but i didn't see Storm anywhere in the clip. Do you know the actress name so i can google to see who you may have been referring to? Cause just from the video i didn't think Ororo at all.
    Jodie Turner Smith. She is starring in "Queen and Slim"

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Black Panther (2018) #19

It's too early to get into a thorough discussion of this issue, so I'll wait until some of you have had a chance to read the issue. A couple of light spoilers ahead.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

I did enjoy this issue. The conversation is between T'Challa and Ororo and it is AFTER their reunion and conversation about T'Challa's relationship with Nakia. Coates gets into some of how Ororo feels about T'Challa's confession, as well as the man who returned after being away from her for so long. He also addresses the long held comparison between discrimination of mutants and the systematic oppression of African Americans. Love this part. He has a very definite opinion on this, which he has Ororo express, as well as her take on what it means to be privileged, like T'Challa. And, of course, there is the part about the future Wakandan empire and T'Challa's reaction to what he saw, as well as what he "couldn't" or "wouldn't" see.

I think the conversation between T'Challa and Ororo, especially Ororo's response to T'Challa's concern about not seeing the empire for what it was, can be viewed as an example of what she meant when she told Nakia no woman can offer T'Challa what she can. Ororo's perspective, including her hurt, anger, jealousy, but also her love and support for T'Challa was done so well, IMO.

And yes, T'Challa does know about Krakoa.

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that for now. But there was one sista girl moment in the issue where Ororo cut her eye at T'Challa that was priceless. Okay, I'm really letting this go now until others have read the issue.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-27-2019 at 05:14 AM.