Page 610 of 662 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    On the contrary.

People read what's actually on the page, juxtapose it against the overall thematic premise of hitherto unknown Wakandan manufactured ineptitude and societal disruption and come to the logical conclusion that the writer in question neither understands or respects the main character whose solo book he's supposed to be writing.

As I've acknowledged in the past in the aforementioned Black Panther Appreciation thread, Coates remains an excellent writer where Storm's voice and overall character depiction is concerned and as such, he would be perfect to pen an ongoing Storm solo book or in the absence of that, a solid mini to pave the way for an ongoing solo.

Unfortunately, he remains a blight upon the Black Panther mythos as evidenced by the severe drop in sales on the BP solo (in name only,) that he's currently writing.

Storm's character development should be happening within her own considerably large family of X-books as opposed to in what's supposed to be another characters solo book.
    On the contrary? I must've missed something. I simply stated that people will read (or ignore) what they wish to read--be that posts they think are too long or just the right consumable sound bite for them, which is what my comment referred to, or comics they like, which I didn't state or imply, but is also true.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Soooo...you want us to post bad stuff about Coates again? I thought you didn't want us to?

Oh well, for those of you who love Coates writing, enjoy it. But I seem to recall that there are some Storm fans who think Dugan or Guggs writes the worst Storm ever. I've seen it posted in this very thread.

You are entitled to your opinions about them just as BP fans are entitled to their opinions about Coates. I'm sure you would agree.

actually I do. what did you not like about this most recent issue?

yes you are right. but I've read every one of their stories about storm and could therefore make that claim. if these writers wrote her in a respectful manner I would give them credit though which is where I think you and I differ as it pertains to you and coates. he could write a perfect tchalla in your eyes and you would still not like it simply because its Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ironic? I think the proper term here would be hypocritical. They don’t give damn about how Coates is shitting over our favorite character just as long as their favorite continues to be put on a pedestal.
    how did he **** on your character in this latest issue?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I LOVE Duggan's work.
    I LOVE his:
    Uncanny Avengers Run
    Savage Avengers
    Hell, I think his Marauders run is really good and fun.

As for Guggenhiem I think he has no idea on how to write not just Storm, but any X-Men character that's NOT Kitty Pryde.

As for Coates he's eh ok.

Well, some are mad that Coates just doesn't get the character completely. I think majority of BP fans believe that strongly. It's kinda how me and you HATE the dreaded Guggenhiem for Pooping on Storm.
    I understand where some of them coming from. And I can sympathize, I think what makes this better is if Coates just write Storm and be done with it.....

it's not the same. I give credit where it's due. guggs wrote storm nicely when he had her overcome the dampeners she wore in prison but then ruined that when he had her needing stormcaster. he wrote her nicely when he made her blitz that one time. aside from that his storm was beyond abysmal. now my question was about this issue. what was their problem with how he was written in this issue. as you see no one has answered that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-29-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

it's not the same. I give credit where it's due. guggs wrote storm nicely when he had her overcome the dampeners she wore in prison but then ruined that when he had her needing stormcaster. he wrote her nicely when he made her blitz that one time. aside from that his storm was beyond abysmal. now ky question was about this issue. what was their problem with how he was written in this issue. as you see no one has answered that.
    Ok, Fair Enough. Then i'm sure the answer shall be provided soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ok, Fair Enough. Then i'm sure the answer shall be provided soon enough.
    I'm sure they will find something because they simply dont like Coates. and that's where we differ. I can acknowledge when these writers I dont care for write storm well. can they do the same when it coates writing tchalla? probably not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

actually I do. what did you not like about this most recent issue?

yes you are right. but I've read every one of their stories about storm and could therefore make that claim. if these writers wrote her in a respectful manner I would give them credit though which is where I think you and I differ as it pertains to you and coates. he could write a perfect tchalla in your eyes and you would still not like it simply because its Coates.

how did he **** on your character in this latest issue?

it's not the same. I give credit where it's due. guggs wrote storm nicely when he had her overcome the dampeners she wore in prison but then ruined that when he had her needing stormcaster. he wrote her nicely when he made her blitz that one time. aside from that his storm was beyond abysmal. now my question was about this issue. what was their problem with how he was written in this issue. as you see no one has answered that.
    I'm sure they will find something because they simply dont like Coates. and that's where we differ. I can acknowledge when these writers I dont care for write storm well. can they do the same when it coates writing tchalla? probably not.
    So, you still seem to think that BP fans should acknowledge Coates "when he does something good" when we can't find anything that he's done good. There is nothing that Coates has done that's been good for T'Challa.

I don't feel they need to praise Coates for anything when I don't like anything that he's done. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe. We don't like Coates. It's not the end of the world.

And the constant shade thrown by certain posters at BP fans for not liking Coates BP is totally unnecessary. I only criticize Coates work on BP, not the people who like it. And I have given Coates much props for his work on Captain America even though he's beginning to drag that story on too long.

So why not just enjoy Coates if you like him that much and stop throwing shade at people who don't. No one I going to change anyone's mind around here.

So, you still seem to think that BP fans should acknowledge Coates "when he does something good" when we can't find anything that he's done good. There is nothing that Coates has done that's been good for T'Challa.

I don't feel they need to praise Coates for anything when I don't like anything that he's done. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe. We don't like Coates. It's not the end of the world.

And the constant shade thrown by certain posters at BP fans for not liking Coates BP is totally unnecessary. I only criticize Coates work on BP, not the people who like it. And I have given Coates much props for his work on Captain America even though he's beginning to drag that story on too long.

So why not just enjoy Coates if you like him that much and stop throwing shade at people who don't. No one I going to change anyone's mind around here.
    I'm not throwing shade I'm simply stating facts. I can acknowledge that I dont like guggs as a storm writer overall; however, there were a couple of cute things done but guggs. duggan the verdict is still out for me. but I think I recall you saying that you wont like coates past, present and future right? how then is me stating facts on why certain writers dont like coates throwing shade?

but my question again is what didnt you like about this particular issue? have you even read it? and beloved you know I'm not in the business of changing minds as it relates to coates and I'm not attempting to in merely stating facts.

I'm not throwing shade I'm simply stating facts. I can acknowledge that I dont like guggs as a storm writer overall; however, there were a couple of cute things done but guggs. duggan the verdict is still out for me. but I think I recall you saying that you wont like coates past, present and future right? how then is me stating facts on why certain writers dont like coates throwing shade?

but my question again is what didnt you like about this particular issue? have you even read it? and beloved you know I'm not in the business of changing minds as it relates to coates and I'm not attempting to in merely stating facts.
    Yes, you are throwing shade. You criticize BP fans who don't like Coates because you do and that's throwing shade. I stated that I don't like Coates BP and I meant every word of it. How can he write a perfect BP when he's had 40+ issues to write a good T'Challa and he has failed at every turn?

Why does it bother you that people don't like Coates' BP? I asked you once before if you would continue to read BP once Coates left. You left the answer up in the air. Have you read BP titles by McGregor, Priest, Hudlin, Maberry or Liss?

As far as reading it, yes, I just love how Coates has T'Challa who is a prep king blindly walk into a trap. No re-con, no intel, no idea of what he walking into. Just leaps without looking.

Love it.

Yes, you are throwing shade. You criticize BP fans who don't like Coates because you do and that's throwing shade. I stated that I don't like Coates BP and I meant every word of it. How can he write a perfect BP when he's had 40+ issues to write a good T'Challa and he has failed at every turn?

Why does it bother you that people don't like Coates' BP? I asked you once before if you would continue to read BP once Coates left. You left the answer up in the air. Have you read BP titles by McGregor, Priest, Hudlin, Maberry or Liss?

As far as reading it, yes, I just love how Coates has T'Challa who is a prep king blindly walk into a trap. No re-con, no intel, no idea of what he walking into. Just leaps without looking.

Love it.
    so here's the thing. throwing shade is when you throw insults at a given person(s) so again how is me pointing out facts as to why some BP fans dont like Coates throwing shade? there are some who dont like it because storm is there, is this not true? there are some who dont like it because tchalla allegedly is getting no development while other characters do, is this not true? there are some who dont like it because tchalla is always mopey and sad, is that not true? so again how is anything that I said not factually sound? if it came across as an insult that wasnt the intent but the point was to show even if he wrote an issue that no one could find fault in people still would and that is true. morever it has nothing to do with precipitous sales as hudlin experienced this and he is praises by many in that fandom.

nevertheless it doesn't bother me. people can like whatever they want to. someone made the comment that the book must not have been good because no one was discussing it and countered that statement with my thoughts on the issue. it was good and it addressed much if not all of the criticism I have seen BP and storm fans alike make. would I continue to read BP once coates left? it depends if it is good. I like his world building of wakanda so if the next writer continues with that vision I would most certainly read it. and fyi I'm also reading agents of wakanda which has more non-wakandan characters in its book and it is also not selling well. do you have issues with that book?

how would have Intel on something he didnt know existed?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-29-2019 at 02:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    On the contrary? I must've missed something. I simply stated that people will read (or ignore) what they wish to read--be that posts they think are too long or just the right consumable sound bite for them, which is what my comment referred to, or comics they like, which I didn't state or imply, but is also true.
    My apologies for misunderstanding your original post.

BANNED

so here's the thing. throwing shade is when you throw insults at a given person(s) so again how is me pointing out facts as to why some BP fans dont like Coates throwing shade? there are some who dont like it because storm is there, is this not true? there are some who dont like it because tchalla allegedly is getting no development while other characters do, is this not true? there are some who dont like it because tchalla is always mopey and sad, is that not true? so again how is anything that I said not factually sound? if it came across as an insult that wasnt the intent but the point was to show even if he wrote an issue that no one could find fault in people still would and that is true. morever it has nothing to do with precipitous sales as hudlin experienced this and he is praises by many in that fandom.

nevertheless it doesn't bother me. people can like whatever they want to. someone made the comment that the book must not have been good because no one was discussing it and countered that statement with my thoughts on the issue. it was good and it addressed much if not all of the criticism I have seen BP and storm fans alike make. would I continue to read BP once coates left? it depends if it is good. I like his world building of wakanda so if the next writer continues with that vision I would most certainly read it. and fyi I'm also reading agents of wakanda which has more non-wakandan characters in its book and it is also not selling well. do you have issues with that book?

Are there any posters currently posting within the BP Appreciation Thread, called "Usual Suspect?"

BANNED

Soooo...you want us to post bad stuff about Coates again? I thought you didn't want us to?

Oh well, for those of you who love Coates writing, enjoy it. But I seem to recall that there are some Storm fans who think Dugan or Guggs writes the worst Storm ever. I've seen it posted in this very thread.

You are entitled to your opinions about them just as BP fans are entitled to their opinions about Coates. I'm sure you would agree.

I don't think anyone has ever implied that negative views of his work are unwelcomed. There aren't as many fans of "Hadari Yao" as one would believe. A good many ignore that aspect of her character. If I'm being honest, I believe the math is different, so our calculations are bound to be different. Most fans gravitate to key personality traits in their faves. I know I do. I like all-powerful Storm, but most do not. I do not like powerless Storm, but other fans do and that's okay.

The comparison to Guggenheim is understandable, but it misses the mark for me. Guggenheim broke her down over her tragic leadership and left her there to bolster Kitty. Duggan remains to be seen. We know he has her in a right frame of mind.

I see where you were going, it just doesn't hold water for me. I'm clearly biased and I make no apologies. T'Challa isnt this weak man that most claim him to be under Coates. Not by my calculations. Our math is different and that's okay. I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you never stop sharing your views. I hope I never came across as if your criticism of Coates was less than.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Never again. We might never see this sight again. Hate, and the love of hate, has ruined this.
    Yep, images of mutants and non-mutants together like this feel so far away at this point (Marvel Graphic Novel #1, 1982).

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, images of mutants and non-mutants together like this feel so far away at this point (Marvel Graphic Novel #1, 1982).

The art team did a wonderful job.

Stating facts is saying that Marvell2100 does not like Coates BP.

Throwing shade is saying that Marvell2100 is wrong for not liking Coates because Coates writes a great BP.

That's the difference.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    The art team did a wonderful job.
    It had to be. Funeral of Mar-Vell and all.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.