Page 590 of 662 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I do, but it's not worth it.

Let's talk about something else..
    oh gurl. what stuff do you think she should be able to do now that she is omega?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh gurl. what stuff do you think she should be able to do now that she is omega?
    That's the problem.

What can Omega Storm do that Goddess Storm can't do. I mean what would be a clear distinction of between the two in terms of Power? You see IMO Omega Lvl Storm should be able to create Unnatural Weather faster like: Absolute Zero, Manipulate Radiation of All Kind create Jovian Air Pressure a lot faster without passing out.

But Goddess Storm can do the same thing so........honestly I feel like being an Omega Lvl to me is pointless when she's a God and can do things....BETTER.

So the Question is:
    What is the Difference Between Omega Lvl Storm vs Goddess Storm.

Because to me they both can do the something, but 1 can do it BETTER..
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-21-2019 at 07:33 PM.

That's the problem.

What can Storm do that would be a clear distinction of Goddess Storm. You see IMO Omega Lvl Storm should be able to create Absolute Zero, Manipulate Radiation of All Kind create Jovian Air Pressure a lot faster without passing out.

But Goddess Storm can do the same thing so........honeslty I feel like being an Omega Lvl to me is pointless when she's a God and can do things....BETTER.
    I think you have to think about goddess storm and omega level storm as two different things.

goddess storm should be able to create weather from nothing and also hurt beings that are divine and/or magical in nature. she doesn't need to work within the confines of natural means to make weather. for instance if she shot mephisto with lightning as an omega it shouldnt technically hurt her; however, her divine powers should be able to hurt and or affect him.

omega level storm should just be able to go to the extremities of what weather can create. therefore she should be able to make the fastest wind, the coldest storm, the hottest drought but it has to work within how the weather works naturally.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I think you have to think about goddess storm and omega level storm as two different things.

goddess storm should be able to create weather from nothing and also hurt beings that are divine and/or magical in nature. she doesn't need to work within the confines of natural means to make weather. for instance if she shot mephisto with lightning as an omega it shouldnt technically hurt her; however, her divine powers should be able to hurt and or affect him.

omega level storm should just be able to go to the extremities of what weather can create. therefore she should be able to make the fastest wind, the coldest storm, the hottest drought but it has to work within how the weather works naturally.
    Hmm Interesting. I think:

Omega Storm:
    Should be able to break the natural laws of Nature. So, I agree with you. I think as an Omega she should be able to create Absolute Zero, Jovian Air Pressure, Planetary Weather, Radiation Manipulation of All kind, Unnatural Rain, Unnatural Wind Speeds, Earthquakes etc.

Goddess Storm:
    I think she should be able to manipulate and create Cosmic Storm's at ease. Harm Beings of High Magical Properties as well as Manipulate all forms of Storms: Temporal, Tropical, Unnatural, Magical, Natural, Arctic and Cosmic
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-21-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Hmm Interesting. I think:

Omega Storm:
    Should be able to break the natural laws of Nature. So, I agree with you. I think as an Omega she should be able to create Absolute Zero, Jovian Air Pressure, Planetary Weather, Radiation Manipulation of All kind, Unnatural Rain, Unnatural Wind Speeds, Earthquakes etc.

Goddess Storm:
    I think she should be able to manipulate and create Cosmic Storm's at ease. Harm Beings of High Magical Properties as well as Manipulate all forms of Storms: Temporal, Tropical, Unnatural, Magical, Natural, Arctic and Cosmic
    should omega level storm be able to control storms that are sentient in nature?

I think goddess storm should in theory be able to do anything thor could do in terms of magical based storms and whatever comes with being the goddess of maintaining the natural balance.

BANNED

should omega level storm be able to control storms that are sentient in nature?

I think goddess storm should in theory be able to do anything thor could do in terms of magical based storms and whatever comes with being the goddess of maintaining the natural balance.
    IMO Yes. But the reason why she isn't i'm ok with that.

Yes, Goddess Storm should be able to do whatever Thor can do with the Hammer and More. Meaning using the Energy of Planets and Stars as actually Energy Blast.

IMO Yes. But the reason why she isn't i'm ok with that.

Yes, Goddess Storm should be able to do whatever Thor can do with the Hammer and More. Meaning using the Energy of Planets and Stars as actually Energy Blast.
    but sentient storms dont exist in nature. how would omega storm do that based upon Hickman definition of what an omega is? how I see it is it it exist in nature then she should be able to do it. do cosmic storms exist in nature? then she should be able to do it.

I agree here with you last point.

BANNED

but sentient storms dont exist in nature. how would omega storm do that based upon Hickman definition of what an omega is? how I see it is it it exist in nature then she should be able to do it. do cosmic storms exist in nature? then she should be able to do it.

I agree here with you last point.
    But we've seen Storm break the laws of Nature though. Hickman's description of an Omega can still work when it comes to Sentient Storms. It's not a natural occurence yet Storm can still manipulate it like she did Shaman's Magic Blizzard and the Jovian Pressure that doesn't exist on Earth.

But we've seen Storm break the laws of Nature though. Hickman's description of an Omega can still work when it comes to Sentient Storms. It's not a natural occurence yet Storm can still manipulate it like she did Shaman's Magic Blizzard and the Jovian Pressure that doesn't exist on Earth.
    I think when lobdell used that language he meant beyond what it exists as on earth. when I say naturally I mean as it exists in the universe and not supernaturally. jovian pressure exists in the "natural" plane of existence. and though shaman created a magical storm it still behaves naturally. it couldn't talk and didnt have a mind of it's own.

exactly!!!

and honestly everything the main xbooks have given us since the wedding ended has been a big disappointment with the exception of her solo. from her being headmistress, to ivx mostly none of it was executed in a manner that reminded me of why I fell in love with the character. we had a few gems: willow Wilson and Brian wood, also storm on scarlett spider and in the Wolverines, gods xmen in wolverine and the xmen. however there are way many more stories that were just bad to awful the worst being ivx. the fact she couldnt do anything against a cloud was just plain lazy.
    And that’s been the pattern, and where the questions seep in. With so many characters given agency and receiving lengthy, constructive development that has shaped the X-verse (Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Xavier, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, Iceman). Part of me is hoping (which is a mistake) that Hickman’s plans include Storm being restored to a character of universe shaping importance. An omega level mutant leader and freedom fighter with plans for the X-verse, or the world at large, or both.

I disagree on her omega level abilities being the natural extremes of the atmosphere. We already know tat with her standard weather manipulation Storm imposes limits on her abilities to protect the natural balance of the planet. The omega level aspects of her abilities should give more freedom to explore her powers in ways that we’ve already known she could do but has yet to do on panel. EM tornadoes, ‘hypercanes’ like on the face of neptune (900 mph winds), geomagnetic storms, superheat blasts and explosions, generate hyper sprites and jets, boulder sized hail spikes, freeze hearts, reverse blood flow, hydrogen bombs, combined atmospheric chemicals to make the toxic rains that exist on venus, etc. There is a whole boat load of applications that could be done besides the endless lightning fest we get from all the damn time.

Plus - give the X-Men enemies that are worthy of them and challenging. They don’t have to be flashy or cosmics (they can be highly intelligent and resourceful) but gun toting mooks on a boat that where the writer chooses to write them down to fit a punch line just tells us that this ‘new’ era of X-Men isn’t really new at all.

That's the problem.

What can Omega Storm do that Goddess Storm can't do. I mean what would be a clear distinction of between the two in terms of Power? You see IMO Omega Lvl Storm should be able to create Unnatural Weather faster like: Absolute Zero, Manipulate Radiation of All Kind create Jovian Air Pressure a lot faster without passing out.

But Goddess Storm can do the same thing so........honestly I feel like being an Omega Lvl to me is pointless when she's a God and can do things....BETTER.

So the Question is:
    What is the Difference Between Omega Lvl Storm vs Goddess Storm.

Because to me they both can do the something, but 1 can do it BETTER..
    I actually like that she is both, but I feel like her gift of godhead should really be defined completely separate from her elemental abilities. Like with Exodus. I would love for the faith/belief/worship to translate to longevity of life, access to divine magical energy that she can use for any purpose, imbue others with divine power, and access to a godly plane or universal knowledge. But mot importantly...a story built around her gift of godhead. Is this the power that is unique to the women of her royal bloodline? If she is member of the Orisha what does that mean for her ancestral connection to Oshtur? With her claiming Wakanda as her nation and being the Hadari Yao what does that really mean to her path and role in the MU?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    And that’s been the pattern, and where the questions seep in. With so many characters given agency and receiving lengthy, constructive development that has shaped the X-verse (Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Xavier, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, Iceman). Part of me is hoping (which is a mistake) that Hickman’s plans include Storm being restored to a character of universe shaping importance. An omega level mutant leader and freedom fighter with plans for the X-verse, or the world at large, or both.

I disagree on her omega level abilities being the natural extremes of the atmosphere. We already know tat with her standard weather manipulation Storm imposes limits on her abilities to protect the natural balance of the planet. The omega level aspects of her abilities should give more freedom to explore her powers in ways that we’ve already known she could do but has yet to do on panel. EM tornadoes, ‘hypercanes’ like on the face of neptune (900 mph winds), geomagnetic storms, superheat blasts and explosions, generate hyper sprites and jets, boulder sized hail spikes, freeze hearts, reverse blood flow, hydrogen bombs, combined atmospheric chemicals to make the toxic rains that exist on venus, etc. There is a whole boat load of applications that could be done besides the endless lightning fest we get from all the damn time.

Plus - give the X-Men enemies that are worthy of them and challenging. They don’t have to be flashy or cosmics (they can be highly intelligent and resourceful) but gun toting mooks on a boat that where the writer chooses to write them down to fit a punch line just tells us that this ‘new’ era of X-Men isn’t really new at all.

I actually like that she is both, but I feel like her gift of godhead should really be defined completely separate from her elemental abilities. Like with Exodus. I would love for the faith/belief/worship to translate to longevity of life, access to divine magical energy that she can use for any purpose, imbue others with divine power, and access to a godly plane or universal knowledge. But mot importantly...a story built around her gift of godhead. Is this the power that is unique to the women of her royal bloodline? If she is member of the Orisha what does that mean for her ancestral connection to Oshtur? With her claiming Wakanda as her nation and being the Hadari Yao what does that really mean to her path and role in the MU?
    1. And what is the common theme with all the characters you listed lolol. Though I see no signs of what you mentioned that would be nice to see. I would add that I would love her working to better relations of mutants both in America(usa)/Africa with the nation of wakanda. It would give her a sense of purpose beyond just being a lackey to Kitty.

2. I agree with the points you made. She most definitely should be able to create all those effects and I incorrectly remembered the omega mutant definition. it defined by having an immeasurable limit.

The last time a writer was this excited about writing Storm we had Logan talking her through her powers and needing a hammer
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    The last time a writer was this excited about writing Storm we had Logan talking her through her powers and needing a hammer
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thanks . Do you have a link to the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Pretty much. Guggenheim claimed this and we got 1-ply toilet paper for 30+ issues.