Page 178 of 662 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 9921
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How would you describe Ororo's relationship with Emma?
    Were they ever friends or just acquaintances?
    Ororo is way closer to Jean so my personal opinion is that Storm doesn't care much about Emma but i could be wrong

I for one always had a soft spot for Storm/Cable, as I was just a lad when their friendship almost became a romance in the 90's. As leaders, as people, they did have moments of real connection. I mean, they fought, killed, and resurrected the Hulk for Goddess's sake! #ultimateintimacy

I haven't been following Major X very closely, nor am I overfond of Liefeld's work, but I would check it out.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 06-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ororo is way closer to Jean so my personal opinion is that Storm doesn't care much about Emma but i could be wrong
    In Ellis's Astonishing X-Men, he made an effort to have Ororo actively try to be friends with Emma, which I felt was stupid, but it was published. I take Claremont's X-Treme as the truth of it:Ororo will always have at least a touch of animosity and distrust for Emma, but she can be a mature professional and work with her as necessary. I wouldn't call them friends though, especially not now after the whole Inhumans debacle and now most recently Emma tricking the X-Men to help her take over the Hellfire Club. Fool me once and all that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    this one scan describes how I believe their relationship to be:

Ororo would never love her in any sense of the definition. Emma played with her mind and stole her body desecrating in a way that could never be forgiven. She chose to let go of the things that Emma did and trust her since Xavier did only for her to troll the end of her marriage, manipulate her to start a war that could have been averted in AvX, and then most recently when she lied to Ororo and the Xmen to gain their support in taking out Sebastian Shaw so that she could become the black king.

So my description of their relationship would be that is toxic and not healthy for Orori as Emma is jealous of her. She is younger, more beautiful and more powerful which all these things intimidate Emma.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-12-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I for one always had a soft spot for Storm/Cable, as I was just a lad when their friendship almost became a romance in the 90's. As leaders, as people, they did have moments of real connection. I mean, they fought, killed, and resurrected the Hulk for Goddess's sake! #ultimateintimacy

I haven't been following Major X very closely, nor am I overfond of Liefeld's work, but I would check it out.
    I agree actually! I have Cable to thank for sandalwood being my favorite scent. In the first Storm Mini series when she gets transported into another dimension by Mikhail Rasputin(?), I believe there is a scene in that series that shows Cable thinking out loud about Ororo and describing her natural scent as a delicate musk resembling warm sandalwood. I found it specifically after reading that to see for myself and never looked back. Now 20 years later sandalwood is everywhere in my house from oils, to candles, to lotions. As one of the most ancient, rare, and expensive essential oils I feel like authentic Indian Mysore sandalwood is the perfect scent for Ororo.

Yes!! Ellis is amazing for that one random scene, and of course Ororo loves sandalwood, rare and exquisite(and it also grows wild in her old stomping grounds in Kenya)!

The Hadari Yao reigns supreme in a decisive victory:

Attachment 83360
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

and for any of you interested in what storm did in age of x number 5 today:

spoilers:
    storm shot lightning again... the end
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Attachment 83360
    He seems so sad.. I bet his ass thought Jean Grey would be victorious..

and for any of you interested in what storm did in age of x number 5 today:

spoilers:
    storm shot lightning again... the end
    end of spoilers
    It was AMAZING. They finally showed us what would happen when she finally cut loose
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Attachment 83360
    Nice, even TAS Storm's speeches are legendary.

this one scan describes how I believe their relationship to be:

Ororo would never love her in any sense of the definition. Emma played with her mind and stole her body desecrating in a way that could never be forgiven. She chose to let go of the things that Emma did and trust her since Xavier did only for her to troll the end of her marriage, manipulate her to start a war that could have been averted in AvX, and then most recently when she lied to Ororo and the Xmen to gain their support in taking out Sebastian Shaw so that she could become the black king.

So my description of their relationship would be that is toxic and not healthy for Orori as Emma is jealous of her. She is younger, more beautiful and more powerful which all these things intimidate Emma.
    Sometimes I forget that Ororo was also one that got really awful treatment from Emma. Agree with your take
    its xtreme xmen issue 22.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    He seems so sad.. I bet his ass thought Jean Grey would be victorious..
    I kind of got the sense he was surprised to with how he tried to rationalize Ororo winning.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    It was AMAZING. They finally showed us what would happen when she finally cut loose
    I thought so too. I've never seen her unleash to that degree. it brought tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Nice, even TAS Storm's speeches are legendary.
    yes indeed!! ororo has done questionable things but never to the degree of dark Phoenix. who knows why people sided with Ororo but I think it's especially so considering the movie just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sometimes I forget that Ororo was also one that got really awful treatment from Emma. Agree with your take

Thanks
    1. Yea. I could never forget those things considering Ororo is my heart. Emma has done a lot of good things for a lot of people but it doesnt erase all the horrible things she has done to Ororo and that I cant as her fan ever forgive or forget.

2. You're welcome beloved anytime.

this is storm related but if these rumors are true it appears we may get older versions of the xmen versus ones who are teens.. stay tuned

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...unt-fantastic/