Page 21 of 662 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this sparked an interesting debate on facebook:

http://www.them6p.com/2014/11/19/mar...aptain-marvel/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Well it looks like it could be fun like ridiculously fun until you realize that Selene looks like a Morlock Punk with purple hair!
    Even the whirlwind punch (I like your expression "whirlwind punch" I could say it allday long!) pales in comparison to Storm's lack of personnality in the movies and her lack of character development!
    From Lobdell I remember an episode with Yukio and Gambit fighting against Phalanx where the relationship between Storm and Yukio was well written. But yes, the 90's were not kind to Storm, I remember her in the Portaccio episodes, she was aloof, uncaring and cold, I didn't recognize her.
    yea lobdell had moments were they were nice but it seemed there was more statements with her being one of the most powerful mutants as opposed to actually showing this and his writing also contradicted a lot of what Claremont had established such as her immunity as it relates to the weather and even her perspective on killing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://variety.com/2019/scene/news/...mpression=true

I don't mind this. She has the right look. She's the right age. She can act. She's been getting a lot of buzz for If Beale Street Could Talk. The height maybe an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

I don't mind this. She has the right look. She's the right age. She can act. She's been getting a lot of buzz for If Beale Street Could Talk. The height maybe an issue.
    that's awesome!!! im so excited for what's to come for storm once this deal is finalized!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's awesome!!! im so excited for what's to come for storm once this deal is finalized!!
    Yeah. We were just talking about her possibly playing Storm in chat.

this sparked an interesting debate on facebook:

http://www.them6p.com/2014/11/19/mar...aptain-marvel/
    I read the power and abilities and knew this was not be right.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

what do you like about lobdell? just curious as I thought he did a horrible job on ororo overall especially in comparison to Claremont.
    Agreed. Lobdell and I had our split when he had Storm leave a leadership decision to Cyclops after half the team fought Gladiator and was teleported to the Shi'ar galaxy.

After that. Storm started playing second fiddle to Cyclops and it hasn't stopped since then.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-14-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Is whirlwind punch the stupid thing she does in X3 with weak FX?
    !
    Actually, the FX was absolutely wonderful on the "whirlwind punch" sequence, and it was a brand-new way to use her powers.

STORM on X2 and X3 was absolutely awesome.
    Halle's portray on DOFP was yes butchered, but very intense.
    Shipp did a great job on "Apocalypse" and I'm sure she will deliver the best on "Dark Phoenix".
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 01-14-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

Hmmmm. She's a solid 5'9", so that would be the best height of a Storm actress so far, but I don't think she's a great look for Ororo(needs a more interesting facial architecture; Keke Palmer, for example, is much more on model). Given that she just had her onscreen debut with 'If Beale Street Could Talk', though, gives me more confidence that Storm should be cast with an unknown.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You’re never going to get someone who looks 100% like how Storm should look like. I think she’s a good choice. 5'9 is not a bad height especially if she’s wearing heels.

She'd be better than Alexandra and Halle, but that's not saying much. I think there's an even better Ororo out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    You’re never going to get someone who looks 100% like how Storm should look like. I think she’s a good choice. 5'9 is not a bad height especially if she’s wearing heels.
    Pretty much this. Anyway, Kiki has the poise, elegance--check out her red carpet looks--and is very eye-catching. Also, she's the right age, she can act, she's a relative new comer, and she's interested in the role.

Hey, I think she is the one.

"Plotting to play Storm." Oh lord, they make her sound so thirsty

Kiki is perfect for Storm. I love that she’s tall. We’ve had many potential Storms but NONE were as tall as her!

https://twitter.com/awards_watch/sta...29357423161345

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmmmm. She's a solid 5'9", so that would be the best height of a Storm actress so far, but I don't think she's a great look for Ororo(needs a more interesting facial architecture; Keke Palmer, for example, is much more on model). Given that she just had her onscreen debut with 'If Beale Street Could Talk', though, gives me more confidence that Storm should be cast with an unknown.
    Kiki Layne is much more regal looking than Keke Palmer.

Attachment 76901

Attachment 76902

Kiki has a very plane face. She doesn't have much in the way of cheekbones, which is a classical defining trait of Ororo. Keke isn't perfect for Ororo either, but she has a more interesting facial architecture(and she came to mind because her name is phonetically similar), particularly in the shape of her eyes.

Anyways, I would prefer an even younger actress. I think the X-Men actors in general should be like 18-22. I want to see them grow into the heroes we love over the course of many movies. Starting off with late 20's actors doesn't make sense for high school/college aged characters(at least, that's what I would aim for to begin with, so them living in a school and taking orders from Professor X makes sense). I would cast them similar to Tom Holland.