Page 145 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In context, in those instances when she mentioned it, she wasn't acknowledging her divinity, instead just drawing reference from where she came to where she was at, at the time. In essence, stating that being worshiped as a Goddess does not/did not make her so...but that she has the power and the strength to do what she must. After she left Kenya and learned about the world at large, I don'i think she herself ever believed that she was an actual Goddess.
    Some of you may subscribe to the "she didn't become a Goddess because Xavier held her back" idea. That he was essentially lying to her when he approached her in the Kenyan village.
    I don't see it that way. Never have.
    I think he obviously recognised her potential...that is without doubt... but understood fully well that she was a mutant first and foremost (not what the villagers believed) and the inevitable path to Godhood is pointless if she sacrificed her humanity to travel that road...as with the Rogue Storm story.
    Thereafter, she lived her life simply as a human, as a mutant...albeit one of the most powerful.
    For her, her potential divinity was never a sought after destination/goal...that's why it doesn't/didn't define her.
    I would have to disagree with you again here. Because I’m those context she was referring to herself as a Goddess. She even states that’s all she believed she was until Prof. X gave her a reality check. However, later down the line as Storm grows as a character and finding her own voice and experiencing new things. She is also growing in power and coming to realize she has potential to go beyond her humanity. Hence Rogue Storm. So, I’d say we are interpreting this differently. We are talking about potential Storm new she had but never acted in it. Does her Godhead define WHO STORM IS?? No, but it’s something she knows she can become if she really worked at it. It’s her History Coates basically explained it to us in a more simplistic way. It’s cool you don’t agree, but to me the way I see it makes sense. But overall agree to disagree I just hope Hickman knows this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I would have to disagree with you again here. Because I’m those context she was referring to herself as a Goddess. She even states that’s all she believed she was until Prof. X gave her a reality check. However, later down the line as Storm grows as a character and finding her own voice and experiencing new things. She is also growing in power and coming to realize she has potential to go beyond her humanity. Hence Rogue Storm. So, I’d say we are interpreting this differently. We are talking about potential Storm new she had but never acted in it. Does her Godhead define WHO STORM IS?? No, but it’s something she knows she can become if she really worked at it. It’s her History Coates basically explained it to us in a more simplistic way. It’s cool you don’t agree, but to me the way I see it makes sense. But overall agree to disagree I just hope Hickman knows this.

Yes, yes and yes!!!! And excellent point about RogueStorm. You made momma proud!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    And about Storm's Godhood. I see it as this. Around the time she was worshiped in Kenya, yeah, you can say Storm wasn't a Goddess. She was a girl with weather powers, helping out a local village. The villagers, although maybe not all of them, worshiped her because it was something extraordinary--very godlike in their eyes. So Storm let that ish rock, because that was only explanation she had, as to why she could do what she do. Enter Xavier. He tells her she's a mutant and convinces her to leave her village to fight for the mutant cause. And she does. She lives her life as human/mutant super heroine.

But then we fast forward and we see Ororo spinning in the dirt as of late. And from a narrative standpoint and character development, potential stories could be told of Storm finally realizing her godhood. And where I'm going with this? It doesn't matter whether she was a goddess back then, during her life in Kenya. What matters is whether or not she can tap into her higher self and become a god in the future---or in the present. Coates, despite his writing shortcomings, got the ball rolling. It depends on Hickman and whether he takes that ball and run with it. But most writers are going to be iffy in doing so because that could be a potential storytelling nightmare. How can you write character who is ****-ton more powerful than his/her teammates? Why do you think Monica got powered down recently? Although, I think that's kind of bullshit.

Chile, I'm not about to waste my 36th birthday watching that crap. I'll catch it on bootleg. Also, with Hickman, I'll wait and see. I'm sure, if he gets **** wrong, other Storm fans will eat his heart for breakfast.
    Monica didn’t get powered down recently. In fact the woman is still OP as of now in Avengers No Road Home Fight Nyx Goddes of Night

Monica didn’t get powered down recently. In fact the woman is still OP as of now in Avengers No Road Home Fight Nyx Goddes of Night
    In a way she kind of did. She told Blue Marvel she wasn't immortal anymore or a being of light and was just human again. But she was happy about it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-14-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I recall seeing the issue too. I don't remember the book or issue but she definitely spoke as if she had been depowered. not sure the difference in timeline between what you are mentioning and the one Jalysia was referring to.

Ah, I thought the writer did a way with certain aspects of her powers---that had been introduced a few years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In a way she kind of did. She told Captain Marvel she wasn't immortal anymore or a being of light and was just human again. But she was happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I recall seeing the issue too. I don't remember the book or issue but she definitely spoke as if she had been depowered. not sure the difference in timeline between what you are mentioning and the one Jalysia was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Ah, I thought the writer did a way with certain aspects of her powers---that had been introduced a few years ago.
    I stand corrected. My apologies Jalysia. Monica Rambeau has been de-powered in fact greatly. She has limits. Avengers No Road Home issue #10

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I love the way her hair looks here. I'm not a fan of her current ponytail look.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yasss, give me full goddess mane all day!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I stand corrected. My apologies Jalysia. Monica Rambeau has been de-powered in fact greatly. She has limits. Avengers No Road Home issue #10
    oh gurl. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I love the way her hair looks here. I'm not a fan of her current ponytail look.
    I like the ponytail because it was nice change up from the mohawk but I prefer the full wild and free hair the most.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yasss, give me full goddess mane all day!

that's gorgeous.

BANNED
    Last edited by Shreene; 05-15-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    that is beautiful as well.

oan storm makes it as the number 7 most powerful female avenger. do u agree?

https://screenrant.com/avengers-stro...in-marvel-mcu/

7. Storm

Ororo (aka Storm) is another character that could never be left off this list. Storm is, quite obviously, a mutant. But she's a strong one, with the ability to control the weather (to put it mildly). She is without a doubt one of the stronger mutants out there, and that's just in regards to her abilities and powers.

Storm is also a member of the X-Men, so some would probably wonder how she ever had time to join the Avengers. But heroes like Storm will always make time to join as many teams as possible, or so it would seem. Ororo is also an incredibly grounded person. She's created strong ties with countless other Marvel characters, and has saved many more.

Jessica Jones and She Hulk should not be above her

Scarlet Witch should be #1 if not 2 right behind Carol and She Hulk ranking higher on that list is laughable
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.

The less said about Storm's Avengers run, the better.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!