Page 46 of 662 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    That's the best explanation I think. Especially since Magneto was easily mind controlled as well.
    Magneto was easily mind controlled by Emma in IvX without any enhancements though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto was easily mind controlled by Emma in IvX without any enhancements though
    Both him and Storm got body possessed by that Inhuman mosaic??? I think that was his name.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Storm is in an interesting position: She can either focus on relevant social issues and marginalized communities. As one of if not the highest profile African American character Marvel has, they can tell some really good stories.

Conversely, she could explore her newly canonized godhood. I would love to see Storm explore this and figure out where she fits with the other pantheons Marvel has as well as establishing a pantheon of African gods (separate from the Black Panther gods!) that would serve as her peers.

I also thought a fun way to establish her ascension would do this is through her lineage. We know that Storm has a strong magical heritage tied to N'Dare. I thought we could tie to deity to her father. Imagine if David, was actually Shango, Yoruba God of Thunder and Lightning. Per the actual myths of Shango, he began his life as a human before ascending to be a god himself. Here is where the story could start. somehow, Anansi, (considered to be the spirit of all knowledge of stories and is also a trickster god), outwits him and get Shango to turn back into a human. Once he does, Anansi wipes away all knowledge of who he is and thus David Monroe is born never knowing who and what he really is.

Eventually he meets and marries N'Dare and they have Ororo. Another African god knows who Ororo is and her full potential and that is why they crippled that plane. It was supposed to kill not only her family but Ororo too. Now Storm which figure out which of her fellow gods is looking to eradicate her and why.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Both him and Storm got body possessed by that Inhuman mosaic??? I think that was his name.
    Yep. And whats interesting is that the original creator of Mosaic (used to post in the Inhuman’s threads on cbr) had designed him to be vulnerable to people like Storm and Magneto due to them being conduits for EM. But of course, with x-writers, that was ignored.

Either Mags lost his strong psychic defenses, or Emma received a significant boost in power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yep. And whats interesting is that the original creator of Mosaic (used to post in the Inhuman’s threads on cbr) had designed him to be vulnerable to people like Storm and Magneto due to them being conduits for EM. But of course, with x-writers, that was ignored.
    I would LIKE to believe that Storm and Magneto being possessed was due to PIS just to move the plot along faster. And for dramatic effect.

I would LIKE to believe that Storm and Magneto being possessed was due to PIS just to move the plot along faster. And for dramatic effect.
    That's exactly what it was. Storm should have fried that kid and Magneto got OHKOd by a rock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's exactly what it was. Storm should have fried that kid and Magneto got OHKOd by a rock.
    I agree. But nothing we can do now. But hope the X-Office doesn't actually believe their Will power sucks......
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-12-2019 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

I know this isn't the place to talk about it, but.....Monica Rambeau is coming back!!! Tomorrow in Avengers No Road Home!! :-)

Ok, back to Storm topics.

I know this isn't the place to talk about it, but.....Monica Rambeau is coming back!!! Tomorrow in Avengers No Road Home!! :-)

Ok, back to Storm topics.
    This is amazing news.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So what's the consensus on Storm in AoX? Can people weigh in without giving too many spoilers? I still can't get them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So what's the consensus on Storm in AoX? Can people weigh in without giving too many spoilers? I still can't get them yet.
    She hasnt appeared much and what we have seen hasnt been impressive. She definitely isnt set up to be one of the stars of her book

Wide range telekinesis that can manipulate matter on a subatomic level. She didn't control a solar winds, she created a solar winds.

She can control surrounding atoms/electrons to fly in space, shoot lightning bolts and rearrange the atom of her clothing. Her ability to summon energy from millions of stars, rip Stardust, destroyed two Brood spaceships and strike Silver Surfer with a lightning bolt while in space...all scream untapped potential.

The reason Storm fans get so frustrated with Marvel writers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

She hasnt appeared much and what we have seen hasnt been impressive. She definitely isnt set up to be one of the stars of her book
    How… typical. -.-