Page 632 of 662 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No sir, no ma'am no thank you. I am done with Coates. I was in the trenches with all the other people defending his writing and what not and i'm just done. All this issues he has done and all it has amounted to is nothing. I can't tell you anything that happened in coates run of any many that wasn't in some way a negative to wakanda rather than a positive. If he got a storm solo i would trade wait before i picked it up. Once i saw him and his style i saw him and i can't unsee it and i don't for me, like the way he tells stories. I don't want to read 3 years of stories to arrive in the same place but worse. No thanks.
    I understand completely. I'm starting to get into the same boat as you, but i'm holding out some form of hope here. Coates writing in regards of Storm fluctuates a lot IMO. If Coates writes Storm I don't think it's a BAD thing, but i'm worried he's going to just be Boring.
    Or he will jump to a whole other story line like with the galactic empire they touting was going to mean something only to find out apparently it needs to be torn down. This arc should have been the one about the orisha's etc but instead we got amnesia and 18 of the most boring issues of a comic book i think i've ever read in my life and still no information on anything. Hell even Tchalla don't know nothing and he the lead in the book. lol
    Personally, this arc could have ended on issue 12...honestly. Not sure why this is going SO LONG. And Storm is still doing nothing. The best thing I can remember is here giving that good speech in issue 18.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Hudlind and Coates have done more with Storm than XBooks have in a while. Still waiting for HickmenStorm to do something. Cause Im getting my Storm Fix from the BP titles. More Woman, More Goddess Than Storm but Stom none the less.
    agreed 100%. I made a post about what we would talking about here if storm wasnt in bp.

we have storm being a pirate
    storm getting beat by a cloud
    storm getting stormcaster to do nothing basically
    storm being kitty's foot soldier

coates has reinvigorated much needed interest into this character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The bottom line they simply do not want to use her.
    Quoted for truth. How many times are writers and editors gonna use this excuse of coordinating or approval from other franchises etc etc. Pathetic. No one wants to hear this when they have Wolverine running around in 20 different titles They just need to admit that she's not a priority or a favorite cause it sure as hell shows.

why does ororo need iceman to freeze things when she could it herself? I get your point of not having to have two separate tasks but ororo has done this before without being taxed.
    She doesnt and he doesnt need her either but together, they can amplify each other's powers for a faster, more devastating attack. Iceman can freeze things just fine and he converts the moisture in the air to do so. Storm can provide him with far more water than whats available for him to use, giving him more to work with. The X-men should do more creative teamups like this more often as its more interesting than the classic fastball special

The bottom line they simply do not want to use her.
    No lie there and you can really tell when it comes to the writers when they talk with excitement about other characters compared to when they get to Storm, if at all. She's often an afterthough

Wasn't it revealed that Iceman can create moisture via force of will in Xmen Forever or some other comic? Don't think he needs Storm as a moisture provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Wasn't it revealed that Iceman can create moisture via force of will in Xmen Forever or some other comic? Don't think he needs Storm as a moisture provider.
    I didnt say he needs her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesnt and he doesnt need her either but together, they can amplify each other's powers for a faster, more devastating attack. Iceman can freeze things just fine and he converts the moisture in the air to do so. Storm can provide him with far more water than whats available for him to use, giving him more to work with. The X-men should do more creative teamups like this more often as its more interesting than the classic fastball special

No lie there and you can really tell when it comes to the writers when they talk with excitement about other characters compared to when they get to Storm, if at all. She's often an afterthough
    Not going to lie, given how some storm are fans and to be clear im not pointing out anyone but just some things i've seen. If i was doing an x-book despite how much i love the character i would have to think long and hard before putting her on my team. and also to be clear i don't think Storm fans are wrong in their reactions but they are wrong to put it on other writers before they even get a chance to say "go."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I didnt say he needs her.
    See? Why does it matter if one character needs the other or anything. Why can't it just be "oh because it looks cool." There are a few characters i love i proably wouldn't want to touch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

The simple fact is it makes sense to me if Coates who apparently plots his stories out far in advance used whatever stipulation allowed Storm to be transported to the BP books in the first place to say this is my approved story. How can one address a character being a goddess in the way he did when he hasn't even flat out given any information for anyone else to use. Sounds like a hostage situation to me. What is preventing Coates from giving us some detail info on Storm's godhood like where it may come from, how it is connected so someone else outside his books can jump on it rather than we all are reading the book and not a one of us can say anything more than Storm by birthright is a goddess and called the Hadari Yao after how many years?

Especially if he wants others to use Ororo in the ways he has.
    No one said they need to reference Hadari Yao. Its Wakandan tongue anyway. Why in the world would anyone on Krakoa outside Nehzno call her that? That would be like Steve Rogers or Tony Stark calling T'Challa "Damisa-Sarki". How ridiculous would that be?

All the X-books need to do is acknowledge her UNIQUE standing amongst mutants. She's in the same place she was after WAP. Only now she isn't a queen, she's a goddess. That's a title she earned through Wakandan faith, but it's hers by right of blood. She has open access to her mutant pride. How is she being held hostage? She's a black mutant woman in love with a black man, how in any way does that stop her from being developed in the X-books? If I'm not mistaken Moira, Kate, Emma, Jean, Betsy and Kwannon are given a lane.

I'm kinda over the idea that Yost and Pak didn't take great care to leverage her importance given the changing mutant landscape. X-Men Red was the first X-men team book that paid homage Coates' Storm. Build on the connections she already has and tells stories about that unique perspective. How has Coates stopped Storm from leading that team? If Jean has enough sense to use the resources that are clearly at Ororo's disposal, then either Jean is more intelligent and intuitive than Storm or X-writers aren't really interested in building her the way you believe they are. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    No one said they need to reference Hadari Yao. Its Wakandan tongue anyway. Why in the world would anyone on Krakoa outside Nehzno call her that? That would be like Steve Rogers or Tony Stark calling T'Challa "Damisa-Sarki". How ridiculous would that be?

All the X-books need to do is acknowledge her UNIQUE standing amongst mutants. She's in the same place she was after WAP. Only now she isn't a queen, she's a goddess. That's a title she earned through Wakandan faith, but it's hers by right of blood. She has open access to her mutant pride. How is she being held hostage? She's a black mutant woman in love with a black man, how in any way does that stop her from being developed in the X-books? If I'm not mistaken Moira, Kate, Emma, Jean, Betsy and Kwannon are given a lane.

I'm kinda over the idea that Yost and Pak didn't take great care to leverage her importance given the changing mutant landscape. X-Men Red was the first X-men team book that paid homage Coates' Storm. Build on the connections she already has and tells stories about that unique perspective. How has Coates stopped Storm from leading that team? If Jean has enough sense to use the resources that are clearly at Ororo's disposal, then either Jean is more intelligent and intuitive than Storm or X-writers aren't really interested in building her the way you believe they are. That's just my opinion.
    And im over the fact that some people keep bringing everything back to BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK! ****. It's like get out in the real world and lets help some REAL black people. I am just so done with hearing about it. As a black man let me be the first to say i honestly DGAF if a fictional black woman is with a fictional black male and i don't associate that with BLACK love. and also let me just get off my chest that i'm over this notion that just because coates is a BLACK writer wrting BLACK characters in a relationship that he should be given any more leeway than any other writer especially when i feel he doesn't really care about the true condition of the BLACK male or putting forward a positive image of one as evident by his own supposedly woke writing. And that is just my opinion and how i feel on the situation and what some of the stuff comes across sounding like to me. And i didn't think BP was that great of a movie either despite all the money it made. All i want is well written diversity.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm has been calling herself goddess since she joined the X-men. I bet this recent development doesnt mean anything to most X-men bc most dont have a grasp for what that concept means and it hasnt really changed anything tangible with her. Her "unique" standing among mutants doesnt mean anything if its not something that makes her different and it really doesnt. I think the only one that might be able to have a natural reaction to it is Apocalypse since he's been around forever and has far more knowledge nad experience with actual gods. But really, how do people expect the likes of Wolverine, Kitty, Gambit, etc... to respond? They'd probably be like "cool bro"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Breathe deeply, Brother JWatson.
    Have some fresh-steeped Krakoa tea...it's very soothing.
    We here in the Cult of Krakoa take care of our own with vigorous love and deep compassion.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Storm has been calling herself goddess since she joined the X-men. I bet this recent development doesnt mean anything to most X-men bc most dont have a grasp for what that concept means and it hasnt really changed anything tangible with her. Her "unique" standing among mutants doesnt mean anything if its not something that makes her different and it really doesnt. I think the only one that might be able to have a natural reaction to it is Apocalypse since he's been around forever and has far more knowledge nad experience with actual gods. But really, how do people expect the likes of Wolverine, Kitty, Gambit, etc... to respond? They'd probably be like "cool bro"
    Exactly he added a word, hardari yao that most admit no one outside of wakanda would know anyway so wtf was the point when she was already being called and known to be a goddess. He didn't add anything aside from giving back some worshippers which she already had outside of wakanda so if it was really ALL about developing storm why did she even need Wakandians to worship her when she already has people that still do so to this day. So he really didn't give anyone anything that wasn't already there to work with. Wolverine has already called Storm X-men's very own god. Kitty has already said "She looks like a real goddess" She was the only one that could hurt legion nate. She called herself a goddess others have many times. The only piece he added was making it flat out it was by blood which most assumed since she came from an ancient line that even predates wakanda so wakanda didn't give her anything
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Breathe deeply, Brother JWatson.
    Have some fresh-steeped Krakoa tea...it's very soothing.
    We here in the Cult of Krakoa take care of our own with vigorous love and deep compassion.
    lol i'm not even upset. i don't let any of this get that deep under my skin but that was something i just needed to caw caw that. lol but i will have that krakoan tea. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

bish you just totally snatched my wig and edges off with this post!!!

please ask the hard questions because its absolute absurdity that Coates would prevent anyone within the xoffices from writing her the way the want. Coates had her fighting with xmen and had tchalla reference Krakoa. How hard is it to do the opposite? Have her stating she just left Wakanda from helping tchalla in Wakanda? It doesnt have to be anything extraordinary. The bottom line they simply do not want to use her.
    I love how many are inadvertently admitting that all Coates has done is have Ororo shot lightning and give speeches. She's a glorified "goddess" without much explanation as to what that really entails. I'll even admit as much.

What I don't understand is how that small of a narrative as a supporting character in BP's solo could then be leveled as a reasonable explanation for portraying Storm as a leading voice in the mutant community with her own agency? Just so we're clear Coates has opened the door for boring conversations about what it means to be both mutant and black in America, and simultaneously hampering X-writers telling an interesting and believable story about her place in a new mutant nation? Are we being serious?

It sounds a lot like many may be deathly afraid of that feeling of being left out of Morrison's run. If she can't run with the all white team, then her future endeavors are sure to be grim. I just can't shake the feeling that Storm's character was destined for this fate with or without the marriage. Monet and Bishop cannot be linked to a marriage with BP so what's the excuse for their poor showings?