Page 101 of 662 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How would people feel of Storm leading a team that consists of

Storm
    Dani Moonstar
    Sunspot
    Quicksilver
    Monet
    Aurora
    Warlock

I know its quite a hodge podge of characters but being different could lead to new dynamics and interactions outside of the typical predictable lineups
    I could definitely go for this. For the exact reasons you give.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'm with it. I think Storm needs to talk to other mutants instead of her Pack that consist of: Jean, Gambit, Wolverine, Cyclops, Rachel, Psylocke, Kitty,Colossus, Nightcrawler, Cannonball, Bishop, Iceman and Beast.

These people Storm spends WAY to much time with or spends WAY to much time talking to. SHe needs to talk to other people besides her CLICK. Because those people I mention are essentially Storm's Click of Friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I could definitely go for this. For the exact reasons you give.
    Thanks. Its one of the reasons why I enjoyed the Red lineup despite being apprehensive when it was originally announced

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Thanks. Its one of the reasons why I enjoyed the Red lineup despite being apprehensive when it was originally announced
    what was it that you enjoyed about red? I honestly thought a lot of it was slow to read and then when you got to actual fighting it felt deflated. I know a lot of people enjoyed red but I thing if fell flat for me at least.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what was it that you enjoyed about red? I honestly thought a lot of it was slow to read and then when you got to actual fighting it felt deflated. I know a lot of people enjoyed red but I thing if fell flat for me at least.
    the mix of characters. Obviously, Im looking at it from the perspective of a Jean fan but I liked seeing her as leader interact with characters she barely had history with. I wouldnt mind seeing the same with Storm

the mix of characters. Obviously, Im looking at it from the perspective of a Jean fan but I liked seeing her as leader interact with characters she barely had history with. I wouldnt mind seeing the same with Storm
    yea I didnt mind that for jean mainly because she has been absent for so long but we've seen storm lead so many teams after her marriage was annulled:

the Xmen (colossus, pixie, magik, etc.)
    the all-female xmen ( jubilee, kitty, rogue, rachel, monet, etc.)
    headmistress (where she led a team of jeen, kurt, colossus, magik, etc)
    xfactor( bishop, psylocke, short man lol pick think, etc)
    new uncanny xmen (Polaris, and etc other mutants I cant think of)

and I'm sure there are others I have missed. I'm not saying your idea for character interactions is bad but i think the xmen and her being leader has stifled her growth honestly. From these storm stories we've essentially gotten the same woman and her approach/interactions, more or less. There is so much about her heritage, her familial ties, that have barely been explored and as long as her life is xmen centered it's highly doubtful these things would ever be explored.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-27-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

How would people feel of Storm leading a team that consists of

Storm
    Dani Moonstar
    Sunspot
    Quicksilver
    Monet
    Aurora
    Warlock

I know its quite a hodge podge of characters but being different could lead to new dynamics and interactions outside of the typical predictable lineups
    I can go with that.

Given her history, I can also see Storm leading a darker X-Team...

Storm
    Banshee (The undead version and second in command)
    Karma (Team telepath)
    Shatterstar
    Pete Wisdom
    Juggernaut
    Spiral
    Daken
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Not that it matters what he wants but Simon Kinberg would like to see someone from Wakanda or Ironman in an Xmen film:

“I’m a fan of so many of those MCU characters,” Kinberg told Variety. “I guess I would say probably either somebody from Wakanda or Iron Man. I mean, I love [Robert Downey Jr.]. I’ve worked with him. I love what he does with that character. I feel he created the tonal template for the MCU with the first Iron Man movie, and so the notion Iron Man popping up in X-Men or Iron Man interacting with Deadpool is pretty exciting.”

Iron Man is a safe pick considering Downey’s star power, but the note about Wakanda is interesting. As Marvel Comics fans may know, the X-Men leader Storm has a history with T’Challa, the Black Panther and king of Wakanda. The two knew each other when they were young and they resumed that relationship later in their lives. Storm married T’Challa and became his queen. The marriage ended with an annulment for many reasons, but Storm and T'Challa rekindled that romance in recent issues of Black Panther.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03...simon-kinberg/

I wouldnt be surprised if we see Storm introduced in some way in BP 2.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-27-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously!!!

BANNED

Do you guys think Hickman is going to do Storm justice???

I'm very skeptical about this. So many people Praise him for his work and OH how GREAT he is and he is going to write the X-MEN SOO BETTER than they ever been. And i'm like he's no different than any other writer that gets beefed up.

So, i'm curious what do you guys think. Will he write Storm competent or is he another writer that will leave a bad mark on Storm????

I'm very skeptical about this. So many people Praise him for his work and OH how GREAT he is and he is going to write the X-MEN SOO BETTER than they ever been. And i'm like he's no different than any other writer that gets beefed up.

So, i'm curious what do you guys think. Will he write Storm competent or is he another writer that will leave a bad mark on Storm????
    I asked that question a few days ago. It'll come down to if he loves her or not bc that seems to be the barometer for Storm's utilization.

hmmm I'm not sure if he will or not honestly but seeing as though I believe he has never written her I will give him chance before being too harsh. I also dont think it's fair to judge him based upon other trash writers. However, the moment I read "there is no weather, I cant use my powers" I will be ready to unleash.

BANNED

I asked that question a few days ago. It'll come down to if he loves her or not bc that seems to be the barometer for Storm's utilization.
    *sigh* Your response kinda confirms some suspicions I have LOL.

I don't know. Looking back at his work in FF and Avengers he has SOME favorites. I guess your right it depends on who Hickman favors. And to me it seems he favors Pro. X and Magneto. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hmmm I'm not sure if he will or not honestly but seeing as though I believe he has never written her I will give him chance before being too harsh. I also dont think it's fair to judge him based upon other trash writers. However, the moment I read "there is no weather, I cant use my powers" I will be ready to unleash.
    Yeah, I agree. I'll give him a chance, but i'm just not so sure. I mean this will be his first writing the X-Men I mean.........ah whatever. We'll see.

It's better to wait and see. But I understand the apprehension over him being another Bendis/Guggenheim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    It's better to wait and see. But I understand the apprehension over him being another Bendis/Guggenheim.
    Yeah, your right about that.

I don't know. Looking back at his work in FF and Avengers he has SOME favorites. I guess your right it depends on who Hickman favors. And to me it seems he favors Pro. X and Magneto. But who knows.
    He wanted to use Xavier for his Avengers story but got blocked by his death.

Then I believe he wanted to use Magneto or Emma but got blocked by Bendis.

That is why he got stuck with Beast... and why Beast pretty much did nothing in the Avengers books ever.

Hickman has his favorite and latches on big time. If you aren't in his "favorite list" you become a plot device to his machine.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html