Page 186 of 662 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 9921

Honestly can’t wait for major x to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so just reread shuri and we now have a little more information about her godhead:

spoilers:

so it appears her godhead ability is not always active and can be triggered by external stimuli causing her to transform into her goddess form. in this case the external stimuli was the mind altering fungus.

this ability was powerful enough to concern the ancestors' spirit of wakanda guiding shuri.

still dont see or understand exactly what the difference is here versus her regular ability. hope this is explained at some point
    end of spoilers

I still didnt see any difference between
    I honestly need to catch p on shuri

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Any additional info on what Storm did/her role? I’ll probably get this later today.
    hey boo!!!

spoilers:
    I would recommend picking this up because ororo has a pretty prominent role. shuri and ororo are trying to save a friend of shuri who goes by muti. hes a mutant whose mutant ability allows him to hack things. hes possessed by the lubber in the vibranium mines. shuri cautions ororo that if she goes there her mind will go crazy due to the fungus that grows there. shuri provides her a pill to protect her from the effects of the pill. they find muti and he breaks free of the lubbers hold. ororo blast the lube with lightning but then her mind goes crazy by the fungus. the pill doesnt work as it takes longer to take effect in mutants. she transform into her godhead blowing the blubber, shuri (and the ancestors' spirit), and away with a massive whirlwind causing the destruction of a portion of the mind there are located in the process. Shuri teleports muti and herself to what I believe is an astral plane and ororo reverts back to her normal self
    end of spoilers

that was pretty much it. the issue overall was ok, not great, but it's worth picking up since it is stormcentric.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Honestly can’t wait for major x to be over.
    you and me both.

#garbage

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I honestly need to catch p on shuri
    yas the issue was ok today. u should definitely pick it up if you need a storm fix.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yeah still kind of wish there was more info on her overall godhead power, but it was nice to see her called Hadari Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Yeah still kind of wish there was more info on her overall godhead power, but it was nice to see her called Hadari Yao.
    yes it was nice. spoilers:
    she also transformed into the hadari yao as well near the end of the issue but I agree much more info is needed
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Just Read Shuri Issue #9

I'm sure you all have heard that Storm entered her Godhead here. My take on it was very interesting we NOW know that it's not a power that's active all the time. But she herself will need to dig deep within herself and activate it. It almost seems like it takes her out of mind, but she is still conscious of who she is and the people around her. This was an interesting Godhead display for her to be in a confined space. I love the Art it was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just Read Shuri Issue #9

I'm sure you all have heard that Storm entered her Godhead here. My take on it was very interesting we NOW know that it's not a power that's active all the time. But she herself will need to dig deep within herself and activate it. It almost seems like it takes her out of mind, but she is still conscious of who she is and the people around her. This was an interesting Godhead display for her to be in a confined space. I love the Art it was beautiful.
    yea I thought the art was pretty as well. I liked how her voice changes tone too as indicated by the text when she becomes her godhead form. I really would like to know what is different once she is in this form. like is her speed enhanced or is she more durable??? there are so many questions and i must say it has me excited as a fan. thank you mr. coates for making this a reality.

BANNED

yea I thought the art was pretty as well. I liked how her voice changes tone too as indicated by the text when she becomes her godhead form. I really would like to know what is different once she is in this form. like is her speed enhanced or is she more durable??? there are so many questions and i must say it has me excited as a fan. thank you mr. coates for making this a reality.
    The only thing we have is that in her Godhead power she can still manipulate the Weather in a small area which is good. Because we don't want Goddess Storm be like "I need ROOM to operate" But it was very controlled. It shows that in this power or Form whatever. That She is able to still stay in control.

The only thing we have is that in her Godhead power she can still manipulate the Weather in a small area which is good. Because we don't want Goddess Storm be like "I need ROOM to operate" But it was very controlled. It shows that in this power or Form whatever. That She is able to still stay in control.
    but ororo has always been able to use her powers in small places. we saw this when she created the storm in the infirmary against mastermind and when she created the thunderstorm in the cafeteria in her solo. none of what we saw was new. and we know she can control the power as shown in black psnther when she corrected the storms and defeated adversary. so again nothing really is knew in that regard. the only thing new we discovered is that her godhead state is not always active and she has to tap into it.

oh another thing we can now conclude is
    spoilers:
    she doesn't need prayer to tap into her godhead power
    end of spoilers

this is really nice as well.

Personally i think the most interesting aspect of Shuri # 9 is that we know that Storm's godhead mode alters her personality. Meaning this can create a great new internal conflict for Storm as well as a great external conflict to the MU. Also it seems her goddess mode in some respects wants to get out which means perhaps she is holding herself back. Her goddess voice was like "almost there, just a little more. I'm here." And then was wrecking things. Also as a goddess she seemed obsessed with making everything better. "clear skies makes for weak sailors.." And to top it off Storm didn't remember what she even did in her goddess mode. This issue had alot to unpack for the future of Storm IMO.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think the most interesting aspect of Shuri # 9 is that we know that Storm's godhead mode alters her personality. Meaning this can create a great new internal conflict for Storm as well as a great external conflict to the MU. Also it seems her goddess mode in some respects wants to get out which means perhaps she is holding herself back. Her goddess voice was like "almost there, just a little more. I'm here." And then was wrecking things. Also as a goddess she seemed obsessed with making everything better. "clear skies makes for weak sailors.." And to top it off Storm didn't remember what she even did in her goddess mode. This issue had alot to unpack for the future of Storm IMO.
    Your right. So this would be GOOD character development in her case because now we know she has a power inside of her that WANTS to come out. This goes back to RougStorm. She went Bonkers destroying everything and everyone. So this is something more harken to Dark Phoenix...

but ororo has always been able to use her powers in small places. we saw this when she created the storm in the infirmary against mastermind and when she created the thunderstorm in the cafeteria in her solo. none of what we saw was new. and we know she can control the power as shown in black psnther when she corrected the storms and defeated adversary. so again nothing really is knew in that regard. the only thing new we discovered is that her godhead state is not always active and she has to tap into it.
    Well, we will just have to wait the Next time it resurfaces. HOPEFULLY that will be in Fearless, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    hey boo. you bring up a very interesting and concerning point. I totally missed this when reading initially. I think your analysis is spot on but I would go just a bit further and say she is more concerned with balance. she brought forth chaos so that shuri could fix things. this would indicate her godhead is a being that is not benevolent entirely but is one that would allow for both bad and good to coexist to bring forth balance. nevertheless your point is correct.

now based on this does it concern you? I definitely wouldnt want this to be another Jean grey/Phoenix type thing and I would hope that is not the direction coates and crew are going in with this reveal she is a goddess. the idea it has a different personality gives me pause because it would seem Ororo's consciousness is not at the forefront.

Your right. So this would be GOOD character development in her case because now we know she has a power inside of her that WANTS to come out. This goes back to RougStorm. She went Bonkers destroying everything and everyone. So this is something more harken to Dark Phoenix...

Well, we will just have to wait the Next time it resurfaces. HOPEFULLY that will be in Fearless, but we shall see.
    you bring up another interesting point. whst if this is the roguestorm persona trying to surface? you know coates and Crew have been doing their homework. maybe this persona is roguestorm unleashed and embraced. I still think the fungus had her trippig9a bit because the last time she entered her godhead mode she was fully aware and in control of her power.