Page 374 of 662 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What does that mean Political Reason or Ideological Reason???

Are these countries trying to say that Mutants having a their own country is not ethical or something??? I do enjoy Politics, but i'm not that knowledgeable about it. So hopefully someone can explain......
    I think it has to do with the drug. Like taking a drug that extends life and takes care of all ailments might be seen as an affront to God. Like how some feel taking someone off life support is murder and others think it's mercy. That's my best guess. It doesn't jell with their religious beliefs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it has to do with the drug. Like taking a drug that extends life and takes care of all ailments might be seen as an affront to God. Like how some feel taking someone off life support is murder and others think it's mercy. That's my best guess. It doesn't jell with their religious beliefs.
    Ok, that makes sense for "Ideological". Thank you.

Now what about Political??? are they saying they disagree having super powered beings with their own nation??

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ok, that makes sense for "Ideological". Thank you.

Now what about Political??? are they saying they disagree having super powered beings with their own nation??
    No problem.
    That one could be a lot of reasons. They could have plans for their own mutants. Like we know for a fact Russia experiments on mutants. It could be an election season and those politicians think voters are not pro mutant and thereby their chances of reelection are better if they vote against. It could also be they want an even better deal or more assurances.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

No problem.
    That one could be a lot of reasons. They could have plans for their own mutants. Like we know for a fact Russia experiments on mutants. It could be an election season and those politicians think voters are not pro mutant and thereby their chances of reelection are better if they vote against. It could also be they want an even better deal or more assurances.
    Oh yeah. I forgot Russia likes to experiment on their mutants....duh Omega Red prime example. Ok, I now see the Political part.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great up-close art by Arthur Adams of Storm's face on the cover of Classic X-Men #3 (November, 1986).

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Great up-close art by Arthur Adams of Storm's face on the cover of Classic X-Men #3 (November, 1986).

Now why this cover ate all the other x-women up??
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

If the security council was going to ALL change their minds. Why did the french president only give the heads up on Russia. It sounds like Russia was the only problem. No one else was mentioned. Why would the French ambassador even have a conversation with charles and tell the worlds most powerful telepath about Russia if he was against it. For two reasons imo. To see if Charles would manipulate the Russians to say yes (they didn't, they abstained and then voted no on the trade) or because he wanted to help the mutants. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one though. It doesn't change anything else for me, Wakanda didn't know either way and they never follow behind other people so they made the choice on their own. He said permanent members and only mentioned Russia as only ONE needed to say no for them to fail.
    that's fine to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Another way of looking at this is, there seems to be three responses from countries who didn't drink the Kool-Aid: 1) Political differences, 2) Ideological differences, 3) don't need drugs. So, Wakanda could've opted-out for ideological or political reasons, but they didn't. Saying no to drugs (ha, no pun intended) is actually the nicest way of bowing out. A greater potential conflict, IMO, would be the countries who opted-out for the first two reasons.
    hahaha I actually like this assessment.

agreed with your explanation here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Acknowledge Russell Dauterman's Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post

She looks so great! I want him doing some interior art with Storm in it. He did a great job in Thor with weather effects and lightning.

Love the first cover. Big Hai,r Big chest . am I allow to say that anymore?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Look at it again...closely...her chest isn't that big. What you're also seeing is her hips, as a result of the perspective used.

BANNED

Oh, I acknowledge her like nothing before her. The most beautiful thing about his rendition of her is her head. Only now am I realizing that her new headpiece gives the illusion of the faux hawk. Her hair is slicked down on the sides. We get the widows peak and poof at the top. It’s finished with a ponytail that leads into the goddess mane. There’s something here for fans of her many styles. Her face is framed beautifully. I’m forced to stan Russell Dauterman’s Storm in almost the same fashion as Simone Bianchi.

Such a beautiful cover for something i probably won't read.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Ha, ha, I'm right there with you.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm on the same air current lol!