Page 604 of 662 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    by the way have y'all noticed we passed up the Cyclops thread. We're ahead now.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    From the solicits for BP #18, it's clear that all, although likely most, of this Wednesday's issue will be flashbacks. But it seems, from this preview page, that it's relayed from a conversation T'Challa had with Ororo about his experience while he was away. I guess we can assume that this is the same conversation he had with her when he revealed his relationship and/or feelings for Nakia. Maybe, finally, we'll see that conversation. For some reason, Coates has avoided actually showing them have that convo.

Attachment 89649
    Lolololol omg is he about to do it on them again?! Tell me he ain't bout to do them like that all over again. I'm about to fall out! Is he actually showing us how T'Challa was sucked into a new facet of his life and elevated to a myth that spanned multiple galaxies? Is Coates about to have T'Challa directly mirror Storm as the Hadari Yao and eclipse it? I'm screaming! Lolol Storm is known as Hadari Yao in Wakanda prime. That's one country. T'Challa is known as the most powerful king known to Wakandan history and Bast's most favored son across FIVE FUCKING GALAXIES. I absolutely get the the gripes about T'Challa not receiving and feats in his own book. I honestly get it. I just don't understand the notion that he's been relegated to the back of his own mythos for her or anyone else. He's the driving force without a doubt!

He went from the king of a lone isolationist Wakanda to the legend that spawned an empire that stretched over 5 galaxies. His triumphs were elevated to godly status and he literally had to fight his way back to the life he knew as a man, not the just the legend or god. His name and legacy may have been perverted as a byproduct of being stretched so thin, but ultimately he's the man, the myth, the legend and the king for which the empire is known. The implications of "Hadari Yao" being mocked by Nakia would suggest that Ororo is a minor blip on the radar of a more advanced Wakandan society, while T'Challa is the picture of perfection. I struggle with that counterbalance that Coates loves playing with. People assume ill intent in regards to T'Challa and Ororo's relationship and here he comes smashing their understanding to bits. I could absolutely be wrong, but I don't get any vibes of a breakup in their future. Nor do I get the sense that he has plans on showing one side of the relationship. It's almost like he lurks around CBR. I'm gonna cackle my head off if he goes in the direction I feel him going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What would actually be pretty cool is if Storm electrified her fist as she took a punch at someone.

Sort of her own "Iron Fist".

Also, she should have sort of a "thunderclap", kind of like a shock wave.
    She's done a version of a thunderclap. I will post and image when I am on my home computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    She's done a version of a thunderclap. I will post and image when I am on my home computer.
    Yes I recall a couple of times - one where she thunder punched some super human bruiser into unconsciousness lol, and in Uncanny where she thunder clapped Bludgeon & Cudgel. Oh i think she also thunderclapped the nanny X-Men.

AIPT: While Kate’s getting her knuckles tattooed, Storm very much appears to be a stabilizing force in this pirate crew. But Ororo’s had her reckless days as well. Will we see Storm cutting loose like Kate and Pyro, or are her wild days behind her?

Gerry: Kate’s been left behind and it’s bothering her, it will be fun for us to explore. Dunno if she would say it was fun, but she doesn’t get to vote. Life happened and broke her nose. Now she has a written reminder to hold fast. She always wanted that tattoo but didn’t know it, and that door that slammed on her is her reminder to live it like you’re gonna lose it. Storm has very personal reasons for being out on the boat, and my favorite Storm stories are the ones when she needs to flash a blade. Issue four’s cover stars Storm because she steals that issue, and she maybe has my favorite part in five, too.
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-gerry-duggan/

Too much kitty yapping, not enough Storm.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

i love it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it.

BANNED

This is the second interview in as many weeks where Duggan has teased us with some juicy Storm goodness. My body is ready!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    What if? (Sorry to just ask here out of nowhere interrupting a thread and community I mean no disrespect, but this has always interested me)

What if instead of Wolverine being the most solo featured long running solo X-Men from Claremont's original team STORM was the primary solo focus of the franchise for all these decades!?

What would be different? How would the MU and X-Men franchise be different? Would that have been possible? Why or why not? Is it possible now? What does this question ask of you and fans? I don't know. And that's why this question so fascinates me.

I can't think of another character who could and in her own way was and should and may have been despite what was and is but isn't the other most significant and signature solo in and out of the X-Men super heroine.

She could have and still could simply leave and establish herself where she is. Couldn't she? Doesn't she?

And this in no way is meant to disrespect or criticize Wolverine's solo cannon, purpose and independent reasons for being. Not a VS arena or antagonisitic arguement.

Again, sorry for the random interruption.

I hope this is of interest to you and that you'll share your thoughts.

Thanks.
    interesting question. I'm not sure I can say. i would love that a character such as storm was promoted in a manner akin to Logan. it would have probably given her much more of a backstory beyond being an xman I would say definitely. one of the many things that annoyed me about her storyline within actual canon is how so much of it revolved around being a mutant. we never got much of anything around her family or being a woman or being a black person. there are so many things that could have been told to give her an identity beyond that of a mutant so I would like to think had she been given such a platform we would have seen more stories in this realm beyond just being the token black xmen character.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lolololol omg is he about to do it on them again?! Tell me he ain't bout to do them like that all over again. I'm about to fall out! Is he actually showing us how T'Challa was sucked into a new facet of his life and elevated to a myth that spanned multiple galaxies? Is Coates about to have T'Challa directly mirror Storm as the Hadari Yao and eclipse it? I'm screaming! Lolol Storm is known as Hadari Yao in Wakanda prime. That's one country. T'Challa is known as the most powerful king known to Wakandan history and Bast's most favored son across FIVE FUCKING GALAXIES. I absolutely get the the gripes about T'Challa not receiving and feats in his own book. I honestly get it. I just don't understand the notion that he's been relegated to the back of his own mythos for her or anyone else. He's the driving force without a doubt!

He went from the king of a lone isolationist Wakanda to the legend that spawned an empire that stretched over 5 galaxies. His triumphs were elevated to godly status and he literally had to fight his way back to the life he knew as a man, not the just the legend or god. His name and legacy may have been perverted as a byproduct of being stretched so thin, but ultimately he's the man, the myth, the legend and the king for which the empire is known. The implications of "Hadari Yao" being mocked by Nakia would suggest that Ororo is a minor blip on the radar of a more advanced Wakandan society, while T'Challa is the picture of perfection. I struggle with that counterbalance that Coates loves playing with. People assume ill intent in regards to T'Challa and Ororo's relationship and here he comes smashing their understanding to bits. I could absolutely be wrong, but I don't get any vibes of a breakup in their future. Nor do I get the sense that he has plans on showing one side of the relationship. It's almost like he lurks around CBR. I'm gonna cackle my head off if he goes in the direction I feel him going in.
    you better say all of this. for coates to make tchalla the ideal for generations of wakandans that spread the vast galaxies is truly phenomenal yet I'm sure there are some that will argue he still is promoting ororo over him, which is silly considering this truth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Too much kitty yapping, not enough Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    This is the second interview in as many weeks where Duggan has teased us with some juicy Storm goodness. My body is ready!
    Yep. It’s time for us to see the receipts. The only writers I’ve read interviews that pertained to Storm and actually delivered was Claremont, Scott Gray, Sumerak, Wilson, Wood (he was a mixed bag) and Pak. Oh and last but certainly not least - Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Yeah, it makes my top 5 too. It’s just breathtaking. I’ve been waiting for Dauterman to draw our diva in an official capacity for almost a decade, and he has not disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you mind posting the covers when and if you get a chance?
    Haha too many to post but here are a few of them:

Last edited by Wind Rider; 11-26-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    I wanna see the thunderclaps too xd

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yep. It’s time for us to see the receipts. The only writers I’ve read interviews that pertained to Storm and actually delivered was Claremont, Scott Gray, Sumerak, Wilson, Wood (he was a mixed bag) and Pak. Oh and last but certainly not least - Coates.
    Yes to receipts, and I love that Wilson made your list. Her brief arc is underrated, and her Storm was everything. She was both goddess and mortal, struggling with grief, physical injury, and claustrophobia while still giving us all that power and her signature steely resolve. I wanted more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha too many to post but here are a few of them:

Nice! That’s such a great cover by Yardin, and Coipel’s Storm is just the best.