Page 585 of 662 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 9921

I actually enjoyed Mauraders. Yeah Kitty was being her super duper self, but I found a great deal more endearing than in Gold. The colorist definitely need to darken Gateway a bit more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I actually enjoyed Mauraders. Yeah Kitty was being her super duper self, but I found a great deal more endearing than in Gold. The colorist definitely need to darken Gateway a bit more.
    I Liked it.

I thought this issue was just HILARIOUS. Pyro biting people and going crazy, Storm getting mad for getting kicked and Kitty Drunk dancing was etc.

All of this was just funny.

I love how Storm had to remind herself of the "kill no man" rule. Lol

Ororo is just on the book. Needs more work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I love how Storm had to remind herself of the "kill no man" rule. Lol
    That was one of the things I found Hilarious.

I reminds of those tv and movie tropes when someone gets hurt or talked about and they are like "Man i'm gonna kill you"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

you know it's not too good of an issue when there is barely any comments on the issue.smh

So spoilers of issue relevant primarily to Storm:

We learn through the information splash page Storm is supplying hard drives that allow for the removal of data and also allows for communicating to mutants around the world.

Kate and her gang intercept a ship that was supposed to be delivering krakoa drugs to African nations but sebastian shaw instead was having it shipped to some wealthy nation. Batroc easily outmaneuvered Storm, Iceman and Pyro but ultimately ends up being subdued by Kitty.

The team meets up with Bishop and they party in Taipei. The find out that Xavier was killed but instead of mourning they (kitty and pyro) get tattoos. Kitty reveals shes tge Red Queen Bitch (rolls eyes).

It was pretty Emma and kitty heavy. The need to make kitty feel bad ass just comes across very forced. Like getting beat over the head with while the other characters are pretty much background with the exception of Emma. Any one who said duggan does well with a team I havent got the sense of that from the first two issues as they have been primarily Emma and kitty heavy. As for Storm, there may be potential later for more involvement but she is very much under utilized.

oh and lightning lass is here to stay :

oh another annoyance is gateway being whitewashed. it's just a big no for me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Batroc's power is kicking and two powerful veteran omega mutants got jobbed to him. I cant....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Batroc's power is kicking and two powerful veteran omega mutants got jobbed to him. I cant....
    but the gag is he knows how to write a team book... help that make sense to me havok??? please.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but the gag is he knows how to write a team book... help that make sense to me havok??? please.
    I hope this doesnt become Gold 2.0 with the excessive Kitty love and mistreatment of everyone else. I'll say Duggan's dialogue is at least better than Guggs

I hope this doesnt become Gold 2.0 with the excessive Kitty love and mistreatment of everyone else. I'll say Duggan's dialogue is at least better than Guggs
    it's already become gold 2.0 to me. I mean keep in mind everyone else who got jobbed was sober yet kitty who was a drunken mess took on batroc no problem. I'm now more curious as to why there is this push to make her front and center. Like Gugga failed so they had to figure another way to make it work with having even some of the same players. I'm not here for this sorry not sorry.

you know it's not too good of an issue when there is barely any comments on the issue.smh

So spoilers of issue relevant primarily to Storm:

We learn through the information splash page Storm is supplying hard drives that allow for the removal of data and also allows for communicating to mutants around the world.

Kate and her gang intercept a ship that was supposed to be delivering krakoa drugs to African nations but sebastian shaw instead was having it shipped to some wealthy nation. Batroc easily outmaneuvered Storm, Iceman and Pyro but ultimately ends up being subdued by Kitty.

The team meets up with Bishop and they party in Taipei. The find out that Xavier was killed but instead of mourning they (kitty and pyro) get tattoos. Kitty reveals shes tge Red Queen Bitch (rolls eyes).

It was pretty Emma and kitty heavy. The need to make kitty feel bad ass just comes across very forced. Like getting beat over the head with while the other characters are pretty much background with the exception of Emma. Any one who said duggan does well with a team I havent got the sense of that from the first two issues as they have been primarily Emma and kitty heavy. As for Storm, there may be potential later for more involvement but she is very much under utilized.

oh and lightning lass is here to stay :

oh another annoyance is gateway being whitewashed. it's just a big no for me.
    Wow! Thanks Kyss! I was hoping to be proven wrong about my initial jaded hesitance but...so far I’m unfortunately on the right track for me. This is what I wanted to know so...now I know. I’m good on Duggan and his take on Storm. I am glad I didn’t buy this book and won’t bother.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Wow! Thanks Kyss! I was hoping to be proven wrong about my initial jaded hesitance but...so far I’m unfortunately on the right track for me. This is what I wanted to know so...now I know. I’m good on Duggan and his take on Storm. I am glad I didn’t buy this book and won’t bother.
    you're very welcome! you absolutely were right to be hesitant on the issue. I read it the whole time rolling my eyes. maybe it will change somewhere down the line but this most certainly read similar to the storm in xmen gold. now if you want to see Emma being sassy with sebastian and for the second issue in a row reminded why kitty is badass this issue is for you.

you're very welcome! you absolutely were right to be hesitant on the issue. I read it the whole time rolling my eyes. maybe it will change somewhere down the line but this most certainly read similar to the storm in xmen gold. now if you want to see Emma being sassy with sebastian and for the second issue in a row reminded why kitty is badass this issue is for you.
    Im cringing now at the thought of upcoming Storm vs Emma issue which also comes out the same month Emma and Jean have to save Storm

BANNED

As someone who loathed Gold and generally dislikes Kitty, I have to disagree with the comparisons. I found the whitewashing more offensive than the portrayal. Duggan has already indicated the focus will shift to Storm soon, and I can see the logic of starting with Kitty as much as I would prefer it otherwise.

Im cringing now at the thought of upcoming Storm vs Emma issue which also comes out the same month Emma and Jean have to save Storm
    please dont remind me of jobbing of storm 1,987,654,656 brought to us by the xoffices. considering how Emma is clearly the fave of duggan I wouldnt be surprised if Emma finally mind wipes ororo to love her like she wanted to years ago. smh.