Page 188 of 662 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it was more her subconscious given voice. Every God has a purpose and perhaps the fungus was affecting that. Everything in there was unnatural and perhaps the goddess in storm was waiting to destroy it. Notice shuri said that the fungus were created due to the vibranium andstorma subconscious at least yo me knew this and was biding it's time. It told her to "go inside..." Then told her almost there and when storm was at what looked like the center she destroyed everything in there. Look at her lines.

This place is stale and needs air.- shuri said the mines were posioned and she had to create a pill.
    "Things must come to a stop so you can end things."- that's when she blew away the creature and told shuri to go after it while she continued to destroy the mining machines and all of the fungus before stopping. Now it is us to debate if she stopped because of the pill or simply because the goddess did what she had to do. Either way storm wasn't aware of what needed to happen on a conscious level which is why I think this is something she has to start embracing.
    I have to Disagree with you here. I don't think it was her Subconscious. I think Storm in a sense was aware, because she wouldn't have told Shuri - "Go back to the source and handle yourself, Princess of Wakanda". Clearly, she knows what's going on and helped her in the situation at hand because Shuri understood what Goddess Storm meant by her words. Storm has already embraced this new found power she tells Ikoko in Shuri #2: "Did you forget I am a Goddess". The Fungus in that cave as Shuri says has different effects on people and in Storm's case it brought out Goddess Storm. This instance is only a contradiction between how Goddess Storm was in BP #172 as opposed to here in Shuri #9.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-19-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really hope extent on the Godhood story. I would love to see history recon a little, maybe have being a goddess since the start of mankind. Which was one of origin stories of i remember correctly.
    my friend the possibilities are truly endless with what could occur from this. do you have a link to where it was stated she was originally supposed to be a immortal goddess I think as old as time? ove never been able to find the source for that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I have to Disagree with you here. I don't think it was her Subconscious. I think Storm in a sense was aware, because she wouldn't have told Shuri - "Go back to the source and handle yourself, Princess of Wakanda". Clearly, she knows what's going on and helped her in the situation at hand because Shuri understood what Goddess Storm meant by her words. Storm has already embraced this new found power she tells Ikoko in Shuri #2: "Did you forget I am a Goddess". The Fungus in that cave as Shuri says has different effects on people and in Storm's case it brought out Goddess Storm. This instance is only a contradiction between how Goddess Storm was in BP #172 as opposed to here in Shuri #9.
    I think if we are to take everything that has occurred before now, including in Uncanny, then you be correct it is not an subconscious thing. However, I think to conclude anything in a declarative fashion would be premature as there are still too many unknown variables. We were told in BP the power of faith is what powers her yet in this issue it is clearly stated the fungus brought her godhead to the forefront. At this point until more explanation is given the only thing I think you can surely state is that this power is not always active. The question now is why isnt it always active? Is it because she needs active believers or need to be angered to a degree to make it manifest or can she go into on her own but is actively repressing it? These things we simply dont know yet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Shuri #9 was interesting. My guess is now her godhead reacting to outside stimuli reminded me of kitty Auto-phasing whenever she heard a gunshot.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my friend the possibilities are truly endless with what could occur from this. do you have a link to where it was stated she was originally supposed to be a immortal goddess I think as old as time? ove never been able to find the source for that.
    Sorry was training and didnt have time to proof-read that message.

IIRC, it was a Len Wein article. I think CC played with that idea a little and made her bloodline as old as humanity.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Based on the solicits, it looks like Fearless will get an additional issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Storm going God-mode is the only thing good in an otherwise under-whelming story. This whole Space Lubber arc has gone on for too long IMO and I'm kinda over it. I always felt the Space Lubber was an interesting threat but it could have been solved in much less issues. The Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel guest appearances in the previous issues didn't really help this story for me. I hope we get more Storm next issue at the very least.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Have you put your orders in? I have and you should too. There is a limited supply of this variant cover edition:

https://www.igcomicstore.com/collect...ships-09-14-19

Have you put your orders in? I have and you should too. There is a limited supply of this variant cover edition:

https://www.igcomicstore.com/collect...ships-09-14-19
    That's so beautiful, but too expensive for my wallet
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I have been reading Uncanny X-men from start to finish (the first run). There have been many times online where fans have said that this or that character was the heart and soul of the X-men, characters such as Nightcrawler, Jean, etc. Well after reading Uncanny and especially the Claremont years, I would definitely argue that the true heart and soul of the X-men is Storm. What other character is so central and essential to the X-men?

I don't think you can have the X-men without her. I mean I love Jean and the rest of the 05 but no one can deny Storm's significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's so beautiful, but too expensive for my wallet
    I understand love and agreed this artwork is gorgeous!!!! I saw Sue's cover. I love her solo look with the dress. that was fiyah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I have been reading Uncanny X-men from start to finish (the first run). There have been many times online where fans have said that this or that character was the heart and soul of the X-men, characters such as Nightcrawler, Jean, etc. Well after reading Uncanny and especially the Claremont years, I would definitely argue that the true heart and soul of the X-men is Storm. What other character is so central and essential to the X-men?

I don't think you can have the X-men without her. I mean I love Jean and the rest of the 05 but no one can deny Storm's significance.
    You know you bring up such a great point. I dont necessarily want to get into the argument of which character is the heart and soul of the xmen because I think one could make a sound argument for many characters. However, I will say reading Claremont uncanny run for the first time several months back really gave me an immensely greater respect and a renewed love for the character. She is embodiment of strength, grace, inspiration, perseverance, beauty, selflessness, and the ethereal. To me she is a very crucial element of the xmen and if she was not present the team wouldnt really work for me. Though I would agree with your last statement I am really ready for her to spread her wings beyond the house of x and see what the greater MU has to offer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Based on the solicits, it looks like Fearless will get an additional issue.
    For real? How so? Because I did not catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Storm going God-mode is the only thing good in an otherwise under-whelming story. This whole Space Lubber arc has gone on for too long IMO and I'm kinda over it. I always felt the Space Lubber was an interesting threat but it could have been solved in much less issues. The Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel guest appearances in the previous issues didn't really help this story for me. I hope we get more Storm next issue at the very least.
    Yeah, the Space Lubber is kinda an underwhelming Villain and it's getting a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

I actually agree with that, but don't tell Jean Fans. People Swear up and down that it's Jean. Honestly, I really don't think it is. I can argue Storm OR Nightcrawler, but Jean??? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    For real? How so? Because I did not catch that.

Yeah, the Space Lubber is kinda an underwhelming Villain and it's getting a bit annoying.

I actually agree with that, but don't tell Jean Fans. People Swear up and down that it's Jean. Honestly, I really don't think it is. I can argue Storm OR Nightcrawler, but Jean??? Nah.
    FEARLESS #3 (of 4)

SEANAN MCGUIRE & MORE (W)
    CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Connecting variant cover
    by JENNY FRISON
    YOUR FAVORITE HEROINES UNITE FOR
    ACTION-PACKED ADVENTURE!
    NOW A FOUR ISSUE SERIES!
    Alien invasion at a summer camp for young girls? You know who to call. Captain Marvel is on her way — and she won’t be alone. Some of Marvel’s biggest heroes unite for the battle of the season! Then, a new mystery puts Patsy Walker — a.k.a. Hellcat — on the prowl! And don’t miss your dose of Herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

BANNED

FEARLESS #3 (of 4)

SEANAN MCGUIRE & MORE (W)
    CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Connecting variant cover
    by JENNY FRISON
    YOUR FAVORITE HEROINES UNITE FOR
    ACTION-PACKED ADVENTURE!
    NOW A FOUR ISSUE SERIES!
    Alien invasion at a summer camp for young girls? You know who to call. Captain Marvel is on her way — and she won’t be alone. Some of Marvel’s biggest heroes unite for the battle of the season! Then, a new mystery puts Patsy Walker — a.k.a. Hellcat — on the prowl! And don’t miss your dose of Herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    LOL Funny how How Ororo, Sue and Carol all have one major thing in common........Dealing with Aliens or an Alien Race.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-20-2019 at 05:01 PM.