Page 446 of 662 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To be fair he called Monica a goddess too. Some Wakandans seem to have a looser definition. My guess would be if you control something that is naturally occurring or something another real world god is deified for, they'd probably call you one.
    but in the case of the hadari yao its literal. just saying lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I guess the same reason the X-Writers didn't do it.

It. ain't. her. book.
    The fact that even has to be said had me rollin. But the goddess angle was a good idea to explore even if the execution wasn't perfect. Certainly better than anything the X-Men have done with the character as of late so I'll take it as a win for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The fact that even has to be said had me rollin. But the goddess angle was a good idea to explore even if the execution wasn't perfect. Certainly better than anything the X-Men have done with the character as of late so I'll take it as a win for Storm.
    its much better than one single thing they have done. why wasnt it perfect for u?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its much better than one single thing they have done. why wasnt it perfect for u?

From a story standpoint I think it took too long to explore and didn't provide enough info on how she's exactly a god. The first problem is more of a pacing issue I've come to expect from Coates but the lack of clarity on Storm's origins is awkward. It's been implied before that she's a descendant of an Elder Goddess, and I think that's what Coates is trying to reference, but he needs to be more explicit.

I also didn't appreciate how he mirrored Storm's ascension with that of the original Wakandan gods. For years, Bast, Thoth, and Ptah were full members of the Egyptian pantheon who were born with the full attributes of gods. Making them get their powers through war and worship is an interesting idea, but it feels like he only did that so Storm could ascend like they did. The fact he's barely characterized the gods after over 40+ issues also doesn't help. And I say this as someone who doesn't care much for the Egyptian connection to Wakanda, which is a whole separate discussion lol.

I would've much preferred a story where Storm gained her own followers in Wakanda then Bast "unlocked" her godhood and legitimized her as one of the Orishas. She could've gained access to the Wakandan god-realm (where only gods reside) and been allowed to use her "divine light" in defense of the kingdom, which is great development. The changes to the pantheon weren't necessary for her to ascend.

nvm I found it

I was under the impression she has never died in the comics but she has at least twice.
    How she come back from that?

The third time, i never consider that a true death, i always feel like a...voluntary coma.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    From a story standpoint I think it took too long to explore and didn't provide enough info on how she's exactly a god. The first problem is more of a pacing issue I've come to expect from Coates but the lack of clarity on Storm's origins is awkward. It's been implied before that she's a descendant of an Elder Goddess, and I think that's what Coates is trying to reference, but he needs to be more explicit.

I also didn't appreciate how he mirrored Storm's ascension with that of the original Wakandan gods. For years, Bast, Thoth, and Ptah were full members of the Egyptian pantheon who were born with the full attributes of gods. Making them get their powers through war and worship is an interesting idea, but it feels like he only did that so Storm could ascend like they did. The fact he's barely characterized the gods after over 40+ issues also doesn't help. And I say this as someone who doesn't care much for the Egyptian connection to Wakanda, which is a whole separate discussion lol.

I would've much preferred a story where Storm gained her own followers in Wakanda then Bast "unlocked" her godhood and legitimized her as one of the Orishas. She could've gained access to the Wakandan god-realm (where only gods reside) and been allowed to use her "divine light" in defense of the kingdom, which is great development. The changes to the pantheon weren't necessary for her to ascend.
    thanks for your detailed response.

there have been at least two instances I can recall that directly reference her to being something beyond a mutant. one was in her mini before the storm and the other a story written by Claremont I believe in xtreme. so there is some precedence there. I'm just not sure if this is exactly where coates got the inspiration for his story. I honestly think that this is what his solo would have been about exploring this and further developing it. the xoffices have not worked with him in this endeavor has not helped his vision for the character along.

in regards to your second point I was hoping to hear more about the different gods and their place within the wakandan mythos so I can understand you there lol.

to your last point I'm not convinced shes actually a wakandan God so bast unlocking this I'm not sure would align to what he is doing. I believe her to be a descendant of one of the Kenyan gods or pantheon as remember she was worshipped as a goddess in this land which has ties to the bright lady (which I dont believe her to be a wakandan goddess either). so all in all, though some wakandans may worship her I dont believe her to be a part of the orishas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post

The third time, i never consider that a true death, i always feel like a...voluntary coma.
    she was resuscitated in the hospital by I am assuming the hospital doctors and aides.

I need a new Storm solo, the godhead concept needs to be explored, it's too nebulous at the moment and I'm getting that feeling like when there is a new toy in the toy-box but you are not allowed to use it yet.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I need a new Storm solo, the godhead concept needs to be explored, it's too nebulous at the moment and I'm getting that feeling like when there is a new toy in the toy-box but you are not allowed to use it yet.
    yes to all of this. a storm solo would be nice but I don't think its something the xoffices want to explore. they are the bottleneck here.

Correct. If I recall correctly Storm was in between life/death and took the opportunity to see her parents (Rogue was flippin’ the hell out thinking Ororo died).

BANNED

Jean brought her back.

The scan posted shows that Storms Heart literally Flat Lines, and we all know that signifies Death. As for the Third example I can agree she most like did astral projection of some sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Jean brought her back.

The scan posted shows that Storms Heart literally Flat Lines, and we all know that signifies Death. As for the Third example I can agree she most like did astral projection of some sorts.

was it Jean? it was hard to tell what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Correct. If I recall correctly Storm was in between life/death and took the opportunity to see her parents (Rogue was flippin’ the hell out thinking Ororo died).
    I thought she wss going crazy for gambit. but I haven't fully read the issue.

BANNED

was it Jean? it was hard to tell what happened.
    It’s not directly explained enough, but yeah. And Rogue did go crazy over Storm’s Death. And when Rogue passed out or Died she saw Gambits soul and she went crazy again.

Read the whole Issue it’s very touching.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s not directly explained enough, but yeah. And Rogue did go crazy over Storm’s Death. And when Rogue passed out or Died she saw Gambits soul and she went crazy again.

Read the whole Issue it’s very touching.
    damn lololol poor rogue.

that's sweet though rogue would go in like that for ororo. and I will I'm still trying to get through all of uncanny :/